British Speedway Forum
Beowulf

Leicester V Wolves 15th May

Can't help thinking if this was the Coventry team (well it almost is anyway) riding their fixtures at Leicester as was originally planned, even with the addition of Kenneth Bjerre, I doubt if the fans would have been making the journey over from Coventry, Rugby, Nuneaton, Stratford etc. for very long so probably the best decision was made. :neutral: Sad though it is that's how things go with Speedway and even some Lions fans will probably be deserting if things don't improve soon.

Can't help thinking if this was the Coventry team (well it almost is anyway) riding their fixtures at Leicester as was originally planned, even with the addition of Kenneth Bjerre, I doubt if the fans would have been making the journey over from Coventry, Rugby, Nuneaton, Stratford etc. for very long so probably the best decision was made. :neutral: Sad though it is that's how things go with Speedway and even some Lions fans will probably be deserting if things don't improve soon.

some already have , my postman who was a season ticket holder last year , stopped going when the new lot refused to honour the rain off against KL as was promised , with no Cov either he has defected to Ice Hockey

All these negative posts and not a peep from MRCTS ,I think he must have "Snapped " something :lol:

I may be wrong but I think they need to look very hard at King, even after all his hours of practice around BP he still can't get to grips with it. Bjerre, was never good enough when the had him in the EL side, for the short while they had him, he has not made what they said his expectations where going to be, not a top grade rider, Ayers always tries but there are far better riders out there who could fill his place at reserve and get the points to win the meetings. As things stand, the lions will be losing most of their home meetings and all their away ones too.

Changes need making and making soon, the fans will soon start to lose interest after all that was promised by the new management at the end of last season, what went wrong. The fans will be talking with their feet, then we will get a repeat of DH's days that the fans are not supporting the team, what do they expect, people to cough up hard earned cash to go watch a team that they know are going to not just get beaten but totally humiliated as against Wolves.

But that said who do you put in their place. With so many riders doubling up it is hard to find any decent ones who will not miss that many meetings that it becomes the fascicle guest riders 4 home team 3

Edited by weatherwatcher

I hear most people in Leicester already talk with their feet.

Counted 7 unsatisfactory starts - who was the ref?

Need to bring in the GP rule about official warnings for a jump/anticipated start and then the next time you do it you are kicked out. Look how disciplined the starts were on Saturday night in just the second meeting with the new rule in place.

Trouble is, I think most promoters are happy for meetings to be delayed for numerous false starts as it then drives more people to the bars/food outlets etc!

speedibee.......All these negative posts and not a peep from MRCTS ,I think he must have "Snapped " something :lol:

Probably given up now. What could be worse than a track share with Coventry (if this happened he was never going to set foot in the place again) or what has now happened ~ a team full of ex Coventry riders? :P

.........ytsejam.........

Trouble is, I think most promoters are happy for meetings to be delayed for numerous false starts as it then drives more people to the bars/food outlets etc!

If that's the case I think they should think again because it actually drives people away altogether in the end rather than to the food outlets etc., especially at Leicester where the prices have gone up a lot this season.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

Probably given up now. What could be worse than a track share with Coventry (if this happened he was never going to set foot in the place again) or what has now happened ~ a team full of ex Coventry riders? :P

If that's the case I think they should think again because it actually drives people away altogether in the end rather than to the food outlets etc., especially at Leicester where the prices have gone up a lot this season.

Food prices up quality down so we make sure we eat before we go now as it's too expensive.

Poor quality hot dogs are £3 then add £2 for a bottle of pop that you can buy 2 for £1 in shops in town,it's a rip off.

Need to bring in the GP rule about official warnings for a jump/anticipated start and then the next time you do it you are kicked out. Look how disciplined the starts were on Saturday night in just the second meeting with the new rule in place.

I would like to see the Gp rule extended . once your'e warned it lasts for 3 Gp's should put a stop to some serial start jumpers like Doyle ,

Food prices up quality down so we make sure we eat before we go now as it's too expensive.

Poor quality hot dogs are £3 then add £2 for a bottle of pop that you can buy 2 for £1 in shops in town,it's a rip off.

I used to buy chips last year and they were really nice but they don't look the same this year so I haven't bothered. I'm sure they cost £1 more too.

Some good action on the night and the changes to the track seem to have helped. Would be interested to hear whether regular Leicester supporters have noticed an improvement in the quality of racing. Felt desperately sorry for the club to suffer vandalism and then for poor weather to hit the crowd level. Would also echo the comments of an earlier poster on the excellent quality of the match programme. Fingers crossed that better times are ahead for the Lions.

Wolves were excellent and to win by that margin when Howarth, arguably their most improved rider this season, didn't enjoy one of his better nights was a really good performance. But there are other good teams out there which will take their own steps to improve the line-up and it's a long haul to October.

Some good action on the night and the changes to the track seem to have helped. Would be interested to hear whether regular Leicester supporters have noticed an improvement in the quality of racing. Felt desperately sorry for the club to suffer vandalism and then for poor weather to hit the crowd level. Would also echo the comments of an earlier poster on the excellent quality of the match programme. Fingers crossed that better times are ahead for the Lions.

Wolves were excellent and to win by that margin when Howarth, arguably their most improved rider this season, didn't enjoy one of his better nights was a really good performance. But there are other good teams out there which will take their own steps to improve the line-up and it's a long haul to October.

I think the shape is a lot better but feel the racing would be a lot better if the track was prepared better during the meeting.

Yes very sad that morons have nothing better to do than vandalise people's property,

Think changes need to happen at Leicester now but wolves were very strong and it was great to see the GP Winner racing in British speedway which seems to be helping his world champion hopes

• Like 1

Yes the racing is definitely improving with riders finding lines inside and outside to make passes. The track did look like it had more shale on it than previous weeks but not sure if that is a true statement or not as clearly the rain may have helped to give it that look. The surface seemed to be more consistent with even levels of grip throughout so good job done by track staff considering the amount of rain that had fallen during the day.

shame the team were well beaten by the wolves who deserved their victory, lets hope all concerned at the Lions have a plan on how to up their game although wolves are arguably the strongest (form) team in the league right now

Edited by 1 valve

Guest GiveusaB

I went to Leicester v Somerset KO cup and as everybody knows it was a close encounter, but the racing, or lack of racing was poor to be fair!

I absolutely loved the viewing spectacle, coming from a track (Perry Barr) which has the worst in all the tracks that I have ever visited.....

If Leicester can put some shale down and somebody tells me that there's some passing in 1 or 2 races....then I will return.

I hope it improves from a neutral point of view.

I went to Leicester v Somerset KO cup and as everybody knows it was a close encounter, but the racing, or lack of racing was poor to be fair!

I absolutely loved the viewing spectacle, coming from a track (Perry Barr) which has the worst in all the tracks that I have ever visited.....

If Leicester can put some shale down and somebody tells me that there's some passing in 1 or 2 races....then I will return.

I hope it improves from a neutral point of view.

v Wolves on Monday There was passing (including repassing) during the first lap on 11 occasions and 7 occasions on subsequent laps. Unfortunately for the Lions ultimately this meant Wolves came out on top by quite a bit.

Guest GiveusaB

Was the passing down to the track improvement, or the difference in ability ?

Have they cured the deadly patch on the fourth bend that kept catching both Leicester/Somerset riders out?

Not trying to sound pedantic? just genuinely interested....I'd love to attend a few more 'competetive' meetings at Leicester.