British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

British Youth Championship 2017

RESULT Sunday June 11, 2017:

BRITISH YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP Round 4, Rye House

500cc: Daniel Gilkes, James Laker, Kean Dicken, Drew Kemp.

250cc: Leon Flint, Nathan Ablitt, Joe Thompson, Jason Edwards.

125cc: Harry McGurk, Sam McGurk, Corban Pavitt, Bailey Fellows.

I know the rounds one and two - at Peterborough and Scunthorpe?- were some time go, but if possible it would nice to see the results for these rounds thus helping to give an overall summary of this year's championship.

Edited by Guest

I know the rounds one and two - at Peterborough and Scunthorpe?- were some time go, but if possible it would nice to see the results for these rounds thus helping to give an overall summary of this year's championship.

Ditto. With Rounds 3&4 now completed at Rye House t would be nice to see how the Championship is stacking up.

Slightly alarming though that of the 33 Young Lions competing 20 were in the 125 class but only 4 featured in the 500cc class? I guess this shows how many riders are already moving up and focusing on NL racing?

Not alarming as it may look some kids stay 125 and don't go 250 some have an extra year on the 250s before going 500 it's mainly due to the age spread and like you say national league beckons as well for the 15 year old.

33 riders is a good number and seems to be increasing year on year

• Like 3

Not alarming as it may look some kids stay 125 and don't go 250 some have an extra year on the 250s before going 500 it's mainly due to the age spread and like you say national league beckons as well for the 15 year old.

33 riders is a good number and seems to be increasing year on year

You are right there and looking at the bigger picture the most positive number is 20 125's so plenty of future riders. As you say its also good that riders give a class an extra year as far too tempting to be jumped up before the young lads & ladies are ready.

I would like to see a lot more detail , heat results and everybodies score from this round and the whole championship . all the kids went and did their best and all the kids deserve to see their name in lights , not everybody can make the top 4 ,but they all deserve a mention if it's only their overall score

• Like 3

Britain's young talent in European action:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.32547

I believe all three Brits made the Final with Leon Flint taking 5th place, after being scuttled by another wayward Pole.

Jason was 10th and Jordan 16th.

Won by a Swede.

Edited by Tsunami

I would like to see a lot more detail , heat results and everybodies score from this round and the whole championship . all the kids went and did their best and all the kids deserve to see their name in lights , not everybody can make the top 4 ,but they all deserve a mention if it's only their overall score

All the results are on sgb website

Does anyone know how much the admission fee is for round 5 at Leicester? I know last year it was more than any other round.

No price on either the Young LIons or Leicester websites.