British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
keef robin

Swindon V Lynn

Tonight was what was expected from Swindon when they named their team & guess Bradley won't be quite so cocky in the local paper this week.

The team is poor & big questions need to be answered & as Doyley said after changes might need to be made.

Kings Lynn deserved their win & the score line flattered Swindon.

You didn't fancy coming over & saying hello then?.

Once Jason makes that view public there is only going to be one outcome....shocking team performance tonight

Unexpected result. The Stars are hard to figure out so far this year!

• Like 1

Holder is slowly picking up.Speedway is a funny old game.Full of "if's".If Batch had scored 7,if Ellis had scored 6..Tonight for me it was Huckenbeck and Batch's scores that got Lynn over the line along with Ellis and BWD.

Agree Lynn is a funny one.

A shocking meeting from Swindon. The Stars looked the better team throughout and with the exception of Doyley (who was imperious) and Morra (who improved as the meeting went on and he sprung to life in heats 13 and 15). Of the others, BWD tried hard and should have got more points, Ellis was woeful (except in his last when he managed a second), Bellego was OK but no match for the Stars heat leaders), Dany will take a few meetings to improve and Zach looked OK.

Oufside of the 3 HL who were good for their points, Huckenbeck starred for the Stars easily racking up the points. Felt sorry for Bailey who was out of his depth all night.

That Swindon team will not get into the playoffs as there were very few heat advantages and the only one to win a heat was Doyley!! Woeful!

Edited by Steve0

Did you not go Steve, i thought you would have gone to this.. :o

Tonight was what was expected from Swindon when they named their team & guess Bradley won't be quite so cocky in the local paper this week.

The team is poor & big questions need to be answered & as Doyley said after changes might need to be made.

Kings Lynn deserved their win & the score line flattered Swindon.

You didn't fancy coming over & saying hello then?.

No. I have faced you on the football field. That was enough.

I'm not sure why you are defending Adam. Is it because his dad ripped in to you a couple of times? He didn't gate, looked like he was riding a bucking bronco and was tailed off badly in his first races.

You were very vocal re Grondal but at least Emil had the decency to score some points and somewhere near his average.

Edited by theblueboy
  • Like 1

Please don't be so smug from your armchair, worry about your own affairs.

Swindon were poor tonight & changes will be made, the problem is the bspa have well & truly messed the leagues up. For example no one seems to know what to build teams too.....I'll use Somerset's changes for example, Heeps has an average of 7.24 for Ipswich, joins Somerset on 5.07....this appears to be a 70% of his championship average. That's fair enough, Lewis Kerr has the same average in both leagues.....how is this? I can only assume that it's because Heeps has never rode in the top league.

Great result for King's Lynn. Can't say I'm overly surprised though.

The team change was puzzling as didn't look to really strengthen them.

Ellis seems to be getting a lot of blame for scoring 2 but BWD only scored 2 and the reserves 3 each so lots of week links

Ellis is most likely to go. But lots of problems with that,

Has to be a Brit to replace him and the next best ones are Doolan and Starke who fit with the average.

Now Ellis has not worked out this is where Doyle's average will hurt you.

Has to be a Brit to replace him and the next best ones are Doolan and Starke who fit with the average.

What the Doyle that scored 15 tonight?! Don't blame the fact we kept him blame the pricks at the BSPA but keeping a points machine wasn't the problem!!! It's how you build the rest of the side and that was naively done
  • Like 1

It's looking that way which is unfortunate but it's not working out for Adam. A Brit will be required but I can see us making 2 or 3 changes....wonder if BWD has a British passport, rode in the NL so this may support this, would take BWD & Zak at reserve. Take Ellis & Gappmaier & weve 12.64 for two riders.

Doolan is an Aussie. Starke I would have on a low average if we did need another Brit, can see the Dane we signed but unable to ride because of his average being looked at again

Edited by hyabb17

And Doolan is Australian (unless he has done a Rory Schlein) :unsure:

Did you not go Steve, i thought you would have gone to this.. :o

Any reason why you think I would go to watch Swindon v kings Lynn on a training night for my club? Or is this another of your unfathomable posts.

No. I have faced you on the football field. That was enough.

I'm not sure why you are defending Adam. Is it because his dad ripped in to you a couple of times? He didn't gate, looked like he was riding a bucking bronco and was tailed off badly in his first races.

You were very vocal re Grondal but at least Emil had the decency to score some points and somewhere near his average.

I'm not sticking up for Adam as he was as dreadful as ever in his first 3 rides but unlike other weeks he wasn't the only one.

What his dad says has no bearing to my views & doesn't worry me at all.

Emil simply wasn't good enough but that's only my opinion but I don't think Dany is going to be much better.

Oh & I wasn't that bad on the football field😀😀

First all well done to the Stars on a deserved win ...crap meeting tonight will yet again hardly any passing in front of a Spartan crowd ... Ellis and Bradley Dean costing Swindon ...not sure why we got rid of Grondal as I thought he was doing ok and Grasshopper looks poor .

On a positive note we are away tomorrow :D

10 from BWD and Ellis,instead of 4 would of seen you over the line

Neither did i.Cost me money :rofl:

Indeed but was never likely to happen. Expectation is with Adam to be scoring around 8, tonight he was well off the pace especially out of the traps. BWD is riding the difficult no2 slot, isn't going to score like he did against Rye House every match. Edited by oldswindonsupporter