British Speedway Forum
keef robin

More Chanting Required

Should there be more chanting and general jumping and leaping around and tomfoolery at speedway, like football and speedway in the 70s/80s, a bit more passion, unlike the morgue-like atmosphere at most tracks.

What chants/songs does your club have?

Definately - make some noise and enjoy yourselves a bit more.

At Foxhall now our little group has had all sorts - horns whistles cow bells megaphones - for a while now.

It has spread a little to other parts and makes a difference to the general atmosphere.

• Like 2

Personally I'll have to leave all the jumping and leaping around to others because I'm definitely not capable of that any more. :lol: As to other noise I'm very tempted to take my hooter with me but unfortunately Lucy wouldn't like it and it would keep her from her usual slumbers so that's out as well.

• Like 1

Personally I'll have to leave all the jumping and leaping around to others because I'm definitely not capable of that any more. :lol: As to other noise I'm very tempted to take my hooter with me but unfortunately Lucy wouldn't like it and it would keep her from her usual slumbers so that's out as well.

I don't mind chants, rattles etc.

But Air Horns drive me mad, or used to when I went.

No characters left , no punch ups or other argy bargy's to wind up the natives , and I find people these days are too embarrassed to let go and enjoy themselves , the old style banter between groups of fans has died a death ,with the advent of the violent society we now live in , no way back I'm afraid , no-one wants to put themselves at the risk of getting stabbed for having a bit of fun . and no-one would dare step in to break up or assist in the event of a violent confrontation , The BSF is a microcosm of society , people are afraid to express real opinion because of violent keyboard bullying ,so every thing including having a laugh on here has become like a grey shadow of itself

• Like 2

Love the chanting in Poland ,but they get the idea of a team sport not the gloryfied swingers club that we trot out

KC & the sunshine band - David Bellego instead of baby give it up (nanananananananananana david bellego bellego david bellego)

dooolan dooolan dooolan dooolan

theres only one Seb Alden walking along singing a song, riding in a Shielfield wonderland

Aspegren aspegren Robin Aspegren, aspegren aspegren robin aspegren hes in the lead cus hes a super swede aspegren aspegren aspegren

kozza smiths was always aussie aussie aussie

everywhere we go we take matty wethers with us everywhere we go we take matty wethers

oh ricky ashworth you are the love of my life oh ricky ashworth i'd let you sh*g my wife

lee complin is a bandit he wears a bandits hat he could of signed for glasgow or sheffield but they're shi** he signed for berwick bandits and he's captain dynamite

you hear it all on the 3rd bend at Shielfield win lose or draw and away from home wherever the supporters club bus goes. Good banter and livings everything up a bit.

• Like 1

Works both ways.... When do the riders acknowledge the fans apart from a lift of the hand... Not even a proper wave! Danny Ayres on the other hand is superb!

• Like 4

Works both ways.... When do the riders acknowledge the fans apart from a lift of the hand... Not even a proper wave! Danny Ayres on the other hand is superb!

Totally agree - getting that connection back makes it your team and your club and not just a random bunch of blokes that happen to turn up on the same night (on both sides of the fence)
  • Like 2

Totally agree - getting that connection back makes it your team and your club and not just a random bunch of blokes that happen to turn up on the same night (on both sides of the fence)

its exactly this what is missing in British speedway , it's a connection/bond between a team and it's fans , doubling up and riders becoming these "jet set athletes " has all but destroyed the bond and fans are struggling to identify themselves with the riders and their team
  • Like 6

Its dire these days.In the 80's 90's there used to be a lot of crowd noise,fan banter,sometimes a bit ott.Hanging over the boards after a race clapping/cheering/fist staking with a pint in one hand.

Those were the days.

The new silencers brought in 2011 not only took away the noise of the engines but also killed the atmosphere on the terraces.

• Like 1

not allowed to make too much noise or stand up in the grandstand at Poole or else the H & S tw@ts will be on your back. creepy little sh!ts they are.