British Speedway Forum
keef robin

More Chanting Required

No standing at the back of the Peterborough grandstand either.....not that I want to but some do and get told to sit down by the steward.

I can remember at one time fans could 'high five' the riders over the fence after a race had finished too but not allowed anywhere near now. I have never been one to think everything was better years ago but I'm getting that way now. :neutral:

It's all H&S isn't it as far as high fives and standing in the stands....

If the riders can get it into their heads that yeah they are earning money but they are racing for the fans, that is why we are there lol

Chanting? Do we really need gobby fans from the Midlands coming to Blunsdon and singing 'Fertilizer, fertilzer' or 'I can't read and I can't write but that don't really matter, coz I'z a Swindon Robins fan and I can drive my tractor'?

No. We don't need that. So rude. :-)

• Like 2

Chanting? Do we really need gobby fans from the Midlands coming to Blunsdon and singing 'Fertilizer, fertilzer' or 'I can't read and I can't write but that don't really matter, coz I'z a Swindon Robins fan and I can drive my tractor'?

No. We don't need that. So rude. :-)

Bunch of uncouth midlanders how dare they, was it Wolves or Coventry? I had to listen to northerners at Belle Vue singing something about Shooting a Robin...totally disrespectful and ghastly people, took me days to get over it.

Us simple folk toil hard in the fields on our tractors.We enjoy going to Blunsdon to watch motor bikes race, and having a few ciders, dont need people poking fun at us.

Edited by beefy keefy

No characters left , no punch ups or other argy bargy's to wind up the natives , and I find people these days are too embarrassed to let go and enjoy themselves , the old style banter between groups of fans has died a death ,with the advent of the violent society we now live in , no way back I'm afraid , no-one wants to put themselves at the risk of getting stabbed for having a bit of fun . and no-one would dare step in to break up or assist in the event of a violent confrontation , The BSF is a microcosm of society , people are afraid to express real opinion because of violent keyboard bullying ,so every thing including having a laugh on here has become like a grey shadow of itself

Says it all really, not only about speedway but also about life in Britain today! It certainly says it all about the BSF as there are too many keyboard bullies on here. Are they SO belligerent in the real world I wonder? You are told " your opinion is not worth owt and you are wasting your breath in expressing it" I started posting in the hope of intelligent discussion about speedway matters and while there is a bit of that, the bulk seems to be angry confrontations or in jokes. I get the impression that the BSF is a fading ghost of 30 / 40 / 50 years ago - just as the sport itself is nowadays.

Says it all really, not only about speedway but also about life in Britain today! It certainly says it all about the BSF as there are too many keyboard bullies on here. Are they SO belligerent in the real world I wonder? You are told " your opinion is not worth owt and you are wasting your breath in expressing it" I started posting in the hope of intelligent discussion about speedway matters and while there is a bit of that, the bulk seems to be angry confrontations or in jokes. I get the impression that the BSF is a fading ghost of 30 / 40 / 50 years ago - just as the sport itself is nowadays.

Probably 99% of fans don't even bother posting on here, why worry about a few faceless peeps.I don't take it seriously ave a laugh!

KC & the sunshine band - David Bellego instead of baby give it up (nanananananananananana david bellego bellego david bellego)

dooolan dooolan dooolan dooolan

theres only one Seb Alden walking along singing a song, riding in a Shielfield wonderland

Aspegren aspegren Robin Aspegren, aspegren aspegren robin aspegren hes in the lead cus hes a super swede aspegren aspegren aspegren

kozza smiths was always aussie aussie aussie

everywhere we go we take matty wethers with us everywhere we go we take matty wethers

oh ricky ashworth you are the love of my life oh ricky ashworth i'd let you sh*g my wife

lee complin is a bandit he wears a bandits hat he could of signed for glasgow or sheffield but they're shi** he signed for berwick bandits and he's captain dynamite

you hear it all on the 3rd bend at Shielfield win lose or draw and away from home wherever the supporters club bus goes. Good banter and livings everything up a bit.

Great stuff, good clean fun, even though some of the riders don't ride there now.How many are singing? Are you English or Scotties, and why do Football team play in Scottish leagues?

Try the Morra and Bridger songs! Or no one knows us we dont care!

Edited by beefy keefy

Bunch of uncouth midlanders how dare they, was it Wolves or Coventry? I had to listen to northerners at Belle Vue singing something about Shooting a Robin...totally disrespectful and ghastly people, took me days to get over it.

Us simple folk toil hard in the fields on our tractors.We enjoy going to Blunsdon to watch motor bikes race, and having a few ciders, dont need people poking fun at us.

Both probably. And Cradley!

Speedway's lack of crowds means that there isn't really a group of fans at most track to begin a chant as such and therefore it would be left to one man and his dog to whip one up on their lonesome. Can imagine at this point that security would rush over, call social services and then the RSPCA getting involved, when that person suddenly throws their walking aid into the air and begins chanting some insane speedway tune in one corner of an empty stadium.

It isn't football... so let's not go there. Stop comparing the two.

Edited by moxey63

Speedway's lack of crowds means that there isn't really a group of fans at most track to begin a chant as such and therefore it would be left to one man and his dog to whip one up on their lonesome. Can imagine at this point that security would rush over, call social services and then the RSPCA getting involved, when that person suddenly throws their walking aid into the air and begins chanting some insane speedway tune in one corner of an empty stadium.

It isn't football... so let's not go there. Stop comparing the two.

Rugby, cricket, and ice hockey ain't football but they have singing and chanting.

Moxey moxey give us a song moxey give us a song!!!

• Like 1

Its dire these days.In the 80's 90's there used to be a lot of crowd noise,fan banter,sometimes a bit ott.Hanging over the boards after a race clapping/cheering/fist staking with a pint in one hand.

Those were the days.

Is that you Soldier Boy?

• Like 1

If only every club could rustle up a group of fans who are up for a laugh, to chant, cheer, blow airhorns, wave flags, jump up and down, whatever ...... it's infectious lol

• Like 2

Needs a crowd to make some atmosphere...

A decent amount of away fans too would help....

To be fair though..

Pretty hard to generate atmosphere when, for instance, someone starts a Mexican wave and you are relying on the ref and starting marshall to join in just to keep it going....☺

Probably 99% of fans don't even bother posting on here, why worry about a few faceless peeps.I don't take it seriously ave a laugh!

Great stuff, good clean fun, even though some of the riders don't ride there now.How many are singing? Are you English or Scotties, and why do Football team play in Scottish leagues?

Try the Morra and Bridger songs! Or no one knows us we dont care!

Theres about 10-20 of us, mixed race😉we're too good for English football.

As for riders interaction Kevin Doolan bows down to us after a race win when chanting his name and pats the Bandits badge and blows kisses at us, Kozza Smith used to get off his bike at the start line after a race win jump the fence and do high fives with all the kids in the grandstand.

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea
  • Like 2

its exactly this what is missing in British speedway , it's a connection/bond between a team and it's fans , doubling up and riders becoming these "jet set athletes " has all but destroyed the bond and fans are struggling to identify themselves with the riders and their team

totally agree