They take all my inhibitions
Fact, King's Lynn Stars are on the attack
They take us places and tear up others reputations
Never suffer exclusions
Fact, King's Lynn Stars are on the attack
King's Lynn Stars are on the attack
I feel so free when we are winnin', I say

King's Lynn Stars are on the attack

Not in Poland, they just chant etc the whole meeting from beginning to end, would do my head in every week. They have so much pride for their teams ....

As my father used to say....'Empty vessels make most noise'.

Pride or Vodka? ;-)

Do you not go anymore? :rolleyes:

No I don't as I suspect you know.

Airhorns, however, would encourage me to stay away not bring me back.

However, if that is the way Speedway wishes to go - good luck to it.

By the way - the fact I no longer attend does not preclude me from having an opinion.

If Double Points ended tomorrow I would be back. But Airhorns would only influence me against a return - they are horrible things.

• Like 3

As my father used to say....'Empty vessels make most noise'.

Pride or Vodka? ;-)

Pride, vodka and beer definitely, plenty of drinking goes on before the walk down to their stadiums on a Sunday afternoon, seen first hand of course.
  • Like 1

Pride, vodka and beer definitely, plenty of drinking goes on before the walk down to their stadiums on a Sunday afternoon, seen first hand of course.

Agreed...from my travels to the likes of Poland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary and other 'Eastern European' Countries, it's like you've gone back to the 70's when watching sport there. Drinking, chanting, singing, hostility. It's a proper throw back.

Agreed...from my travels to the likes of Poland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary and other 'Eastern European' Countries, it's like you've gone back to the 70's when watching sport there. Drinking, chanting, singing, hostility. It's a proper throw back.

Just wait till they get Teletext!

Just wait till they get Teletext!

I know...next they'll all be coming over here on cheap flights...Oh hang on a minute lol

In all seriousness though, it's that 70's thinking that allows the freedom they have. Less Rules and Regs...or if they have them, like most of Europe they choose to ignore them, or find ways around them. Common sense prevails there still it seems.

Plus you don't seem to get the NIMBY syndrome like you do over here. Which I've never understood. People are so stupid. Live next to a Speedway track that's empty and quiet for the majority of the week, or next to more housing and more constant noise? No brainer imo. I always laugh at the Nimbys that complained about speedway at Eastville in Bristol. Now they have to deal with a massive Ikea in it's place lol Idiots...

• Like 1

Maybe if the social and enjoyment factors could be allowed to return to British Speedway, crowd numbers would increase here too?

Not in Poland, they just chant etc the whole meeting from beginning to end, would do my head in every week. They have so much pride for their teams ....

I was watching a second division meeting yesterday at rawisz , must of only been a couple of hundred there but they were chanting away for the whole meeting , looking like they were having a blast

Maybe if the social and enjoyment factors could be allowed to return to British Speedway, crowd numbers would increase here too?

i believe this is a huge factor missing from British speedway , it used to be such a social sport

I was watching a second division meeting yesterday at rawisz , must of only been a couple of hundred there but they were chanting away for the whole meeting , looking like they were having a blast

i believe this is a huge factor missing from British speedway , it used to be such a social sport

It still is for the majority of us, there's just not enough of us.

We don't have a drinking culture at our speedways which is pretty important for many people to be able to relax and give up their inhibitions because our meetings are on work nights on the whole and we generally do not live in walking distance of our clubs like most Poles do....

Very difficult I would suggest to engender the emotional loyalty needed to passionately support 'your' team when it's very rarely all 'your' riders actually there...

• Like 1

Very difficult I would suggest to engender the emotional loyalty needed to passionately support 'your' team when it's very rarely all 'your' riders actually there...

Nonsense

I'm a King's Lynn Stars fan not a Holder, Lambert, Batchelor, Porsing, Rose, Huckenbeck, Lambert fan.

The 1-7 are a club collective and that's what the atmosphere should be about.

Maybe consistent local lads (Robert Lambert, Lewis Rose) in the team may get their own tune.

Nonsense

I'm a King's Lynn Stars fan not a Holder, Lambert, Batchelor, Porsing, Rose, Huckenbeck, Lambert fan.

The 1-7 are a club collective and that's what the atmosphere should be about.

Maybe consistent local lads (Robert Lambert, Lewis Rose) in the team may get their own tune.

How often do a teams seven riders actually be in attendance?

A Kings Lynn Select, Belle Vue Select, Wolverhampton Select etc etc simply cannot engender emotional loyalty....

Can anyone really get behind someone who a few weeks before rode against you and had led a defeat of your team?

A 'club collective' in Speedway is often nothing more than 'a collective riding under a flag of convenience'...

• Like 1

A Kings Lynn Select, Belle Vue Select, Wolverhampton Select etc etc simply cannot engender emotional loyalty....

Can anyone really get behind someone who a few weeks before rode against you and had led a defeat of your team?

A 'club collective' in Speedway is often nothing more than 'a collective riding under a flag of convenience'...

I'm a Stars fan and I will support any rider (even supported Pedersen a little OMG!) who turns out in Lynn colours.

A club collective.

It's about the Stars v anybody, the 1-7's irrelevant.

The issue is people get to hooked up on rider's rather than support their clubs themselves.