British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Mildenhall Fen Tigers V Young Lions U21 - Sunday 21st May 4pm

When you think how long someone like Carr has been around I often get shocked when reminded he is still so young. Max Clegg is another in the same bracket. Such a wealth of talented brits around under 23-24 years old that with the right backing,and good guidance, and of course a touch of luck along the way. That hopefully a few of them can jump up to the world elite levels.

This looks an appealing fixture on paper, hopefully it gets a decent crowd, and we can get to see more of our young brits (and indeed senior team) ride together in challenge matches, be great personally to see a similar fixture at kent at some point.

• Like 3

Were there many fans watching this meeting?

• Like 1

Wasn't the greatest watch today, some decent races but better meetings so far this season. The track really needs to be sorted out, the only rider who looked entirely comfortable today was Jon Armstrong. It's really not good enough and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's patience is beginning to wear thin.

Milldenhalls track has been crap for a long while. Despite promises from the promotion to sort it out nothing ever happens and it remains the same.

Milldenhalls track has been crap for a long while. Despite promises from the promotion to sort it out nothing ever happens and it remains the same.

It's a real shame because they have the perfect setting for a brilliant race track and off the track, it seems to be a very well run club. If they don't sort it out they will start to lose numbers on the gate, that's a certainty.

I try and avoid the place if I can. The track is awful, and far removed from the the great little circuit it once was, when I first went there in 1978.

Can only speak for myself...but some of the meetings this Year have been excellent.

This particular meeting was not the best, but don't forget its an afternoon start and when its hot and dry passing is difficult wherever you hold it, but that's the way the fans like it at Mildy, "Sunday afternoon speedway" !

We travel all the UK and still think Mildenhall is one of the best..........especially the fish & chips (def. the best tucker in any ground we've been to)

Come on you guys get behind our sport

Can only speak for myself...but some of the meetings this Year have been excellent.

This particular meeting was not the best, but don't forget its an afternoon start and when its hot and dry passing is difficult wherever you hold it, but that's the way the fans like it at Mildy, "Sunday afternoon speedway" !

We travel all the UK and still think Mildenhall is one of the best..........especially the fish & chips (def. the best tucker in any ground we've been to)

Come on you guys get behind our sport

I'm all for getting behind the sport but when a promotion is making mistakes week after week, I feel that my comments are more than acceptable.

How was the track for everyone yesterday?

A lot better yesterday but here lies the issue, there's no consistency. Not one rider struggled yesterday and it made for a much better meeting.

Any guesses for Woods' replacement? Alex Spooner is the obvious choice.

A lot better yesterday but here lies the issue, there's no consistency. Not one rider struggled yesterday and it made for a much better meeting.Any guesses for Woods' replacement? Alex Spooner is the obvious choice.

Alex Spooner is currently in Lakeside's 1-7

Alex Spooner is currently in Lakeside's 1-7

And No 8 for Kent this afternoon against Eastbourne in the KO Cup.

Alex, have bike...will travel, Spooner.

How is he allowed to be a number eight when he's in another sides 1-7? Lewis Whitmore would be my next guess.

He's not, that's the thing.

Would you class the track as acceptable today? That was absolutely ridiculous and Jolly's attitude to the Plymouth riders horrendous. I'll be heading to Ipswich or Peterborough for my speedway now.

• Like 1