British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Mildenhall Fen Tigers V Young Lions U21 - Sunday 21st May 4pm

Would you class the track as acceptable today? That was absolutely ridiculous and Jolly's attitude to the Plymouth riders horrendous. I'll be heading to Ipswich or Peterborough for my speedway now.

No I wouldn't. The track was poor at the start. Nobody can deny that.All it needed was a bit of a track grade. The tractors were going out and grading between heats. Reading some comments from their riders it would suggest that we weren't doing anything which is rubbish though. To the eye the track looked fine but it was obviously pretty patchy.

No I wouldn't. The track was poor at the start. Nobody can deny that.All it needed was a bit of a track grade. The tractors were going out and grading between heats. Reading some comments from their riders it would suggest that we weren't doing anything which is rubbish though. To the eye the track looked fine but it was obviously pretty patchy.

Are you involved in the club adz_mft? I'd like to hear the views of someone involved as to why there is no consistency with the track. I understand the stock cars issue but it wasn't as much of a problem years ago and nowadays it's pot luck as to what you're going to see. One week it produces brilliant speedway and the next time loads struggle to get round.

Edited by Mildenhall1965

I'd never question the amount of effort put in by the Mildenhall promotion but got to think the choice of shale is a factor. Mildenhall is small and the margin for error is tiny. A patchy surface will always cause problems and an inadequate air fence only adds to the woes

Are you involved in the club adz_mft? I'd like to hear the views of someone involved as to why there is no consistency with the track. I understand the stock cars issue but it wasn't as much of a problem years ago and nowadays it's pot luck as to what you're going to see. One week it produces brilliant speedway and the next time loads struggle to get round.

I have nothing to do with the track or the management side of things. Only help out with the twitter account. I honestly can't answer what goes on with the track as I don't arrive until 12.30.What goes on from 6am until then I've no idea.

I'd never question the amount of effort put in by the Mildenhall promotion but got to think the choice of shale is a factor. Mildenhall is small and the margin for error is tiny. A patchy surface will always cause problems and an inadequate air fence only adds to the woes

Out of interest how is it inadequate? Half of it was only purchased this season

Out of interest how is it inadequate? Half of it was only purchased this season

I've not been this season and seem pretty unlikely too. In previous season's it just lifts as soon as a rider slides into it (poor design or poor fitting) either way it exposes rider and machine to the armco barrier behind which makes it pretty inadequate in my opinion.

I've not been this season and seem pretty unlikely too. In previous season's it just lifts as soon as a rider slides into it (poor design or poor fitting) either way it exposes rider and machine to the armco barrier behind which makes it pretty inadequate in my opinion.

I'd say the lifting is a common problem with a majority of air fences tbh.

• Like 1

Won't disagree with you there happens far too often up and down the country

I thought they have to be secured at the bottom to prevent lifting. I was told this is why Eastbourne got rid of the boards they used to hang the air fence on this year.

yeah, I wondered why Eastbourne had done it at first but then when a crash happpened the rider didn't actually go under the air fence