British Speedway Forum
Skid Sprocket

Reason For The Poll On Forum

Perhaps "...the powers that be..." checked that the present total of votes was 79 - 54 in favour and 25 NOT in favour. Than equated those figures agains the claimed current BSF membership which is given on site as 15,132.

That indicates a massive 15,053 BSF members have so far not responded.

This seems a sensible view.

The result seems to be:-

0.36% of the BSF membership want to see attendance figures published.

0.17% of the BSF membership don't want to see attendance figures published.

99.48% of the BSF membership couldn't give a monkeys whether attendance figues are published.

Now, the people running the clubs know what their attendance figures are, and anyone who needs to know can be given access to those figures. So a better question might be:-

"What exactly do the 54 people who want attendance figures to be published think would be the benefit of such a practice?"

I can't think of one single benefit the sport would gain from making such information available to the general public.

I think that the only reason these people want attendance figures made public is for their own personal nosiness and not for any benefit to the sport.

• Like 5

This seems a sensible view.

The result seems to be:-

0.36% of the BSF membership want to see attendance figures published.

0.17% of the BSF membership don't want to see attendance figures published.

99.48% of the BSF membership couldn't give a monkeys whether attendance figues are published.

Now, the people running the clubs know what their attendance figures are, and anyone who needs to know can be given access to those figures. So a better question might be:-

"What exactly do the 54 people who want attendance figures to be published think would be the benefit of such a practice?"

I can't think of one single benefit the sport would gain from making such information available to the general public.

I think that the only reason these people want attendance figures made public is for their own personal nosiness and not for any benefit to the sport.

Neither can I, and as I said earlier in the Thread, it could even be detrimental to attendances.

Neither can I, and as I said earlier in the Thread, it could even be detrimental to attendances.

Or it could set up more competition among supporters to encourage others to attend and swell their numbers. Just a thought as there are usually two sides to any argument, I can see both.

• Like 1

Or it could set up more competition among supporters to encourage others to attend and swell their numbers. Just a thought as there are usually two sides to any argument, I can see both.

I doubt if 99% would give a s***.

Sadly you could be right.

I have to agree.

It is such a shame.

I am in the - it would be detrimental to the sport camp. Even more reasons for local newspapers and radio to "give speedway a miss" too. And yes 99% of fans probably don't give a monkey's.

Probably 90% of so-called members and fans don't even bother going onto the forum anymore.

Probably 90% of so-called members and fans don't even bother going onto the forum anymore.

More importantly many don't bother going to meetings anymore (and I'm one!).

Snacky!!! Hope you're well ole chap.

Sadly - so am I.

Sadly - so am I.

I meet people all the time who used to go but no longer at my place of work.

• Like 1

Snacky!!! Hope you're well ole chap.

Very well old boy, thank you......and I trust all is good with you

Enjoying the sunshine in Spain, although I'm looking forward to September / October when it tends to cool down a little!

Managed to persuade the bar in the village to stick on the GP last night. Interestingly the Spaniards were more interested than my fellow Expats!