British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Newcastle Ch 19/5/17 @ 7.30 Pm

well this is one reason my sons and myslef no longer go to speedway just follow from armchair now,who runs this sport anyway??

a wishey washey sport now run by wishey washey people

well after Stevie's last showing at Edinburgh, maybe its best he sits this one out ;)

• Like 1

Surely Worrall is a Belle Vue asset? He would always be racing for the Aces ahead of Newcastle, wouldn't he?

Don't think he was "always" racing for the Aces.

It seemed the common view around CL folks and Aces supporters that he was riding at Armadiddle.

Is there a charge that the BSPA are bringing the sport into disrepute or have they been doing that for donkeys years so it would be thrown out?

Not what I was told.

Because Belle Vue were "in limbo" at the start of the season, when the Diamonds signed Stevie, he was an asset of the BSPA and were told that they (Newcastle) would have preference over any team that Stevie signed for in the Premiership. It seems, yet again, that the "goal-posts have been moved."

Well that was crap. Swindon sign BWD very late on as a replacement but still got priority over Peterborough for his services.

Why would Newcastle have some special case over Worrall/BV?

http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=100711

Well that was crap. Swindon sign BWD very late on as a replacement but still got priority over Peterborough for his services.

Why would Newcastle have some special case over Worrall/BV?

Maybe BV dont own him now and the bspa do🤔😉

Hope it pi55es down... joke sport.

Thank you for wishing that this would further damage Edinburgh's business through a situation that was not of their making :nono:

Some numpty who cannot even spell Alex Harkess's surname correctly, has previously implied on here that AH was probably involved in preventing Stevie Worrall riding at Armadale today .

Given Stevie is a popular ex Monarch, and also home fans wish to see visiting sides track their own riders, to suggest that Edinburgh would scupper SW's appearance at such short notice beggars belief, given the press releases previously issued.

I'd be very surprised if George English was blaming Edinburgh for this fiasco, but why not ask him on Sunday and let us all know his response.

Maybe BV dont own him now and the bspa do🤔😉

As far as I am aware, Swindon do not own BWD either, who remains a Somerset asset, so SCB 's might be correct that Newcastle are being treated the same way as Peterborough by the Official SCB.

• Like 1

Not bothered about the spellings but if the BSPA agreed prior to Belle Vue , Leicester and Coventry confirming they were riding that riders signed by other clubs prior to those 3 declaring to run that the clubs who already had signed the double uppers would have priority, why would the control board change it this week. And Alex is involved with both the BSPA when it was agreed and the SCB when it was changed.

Not bothered about the spellings but if the BSPA agreed prior to Belle Vue , Leicester and Coventry confirming they were riding that riders signed by other clubs prior to those 3 declaring to run that the clubs who already had signed the double uppers would have priority, why would the control board change it this week. And Alex is involved with both the BSPA when it was agreed and the SCB when it was changed.

is there any record of any 'agreement' that was made ?

Thank you for wishing that this would further damage Edinburgh's business through a situation that was not of their making :nono:

Some numpty who cannot even spell Alex Harkess's surname correctly, has previously implied on here that AH was probably involved in preventing Stevie Worrall riding at Armadale today .

Given Stevie is a popular ex Monarch, and also home fans wish to see visiting sides track their own riders, to suggest that Edinburgh would scupper SW's appearance at such short notice beggars belief, given the press releases previously issued.

I'd be very surprised if George English was blaming Edinburgh for this fiasco, but why not ask him on Sunday and let us all know his response.

As far as I am aware, Swindon do not own BWD either, who remains a Somerset asset, so SCB 's might be correct that Newcastle are being treated the same way as Peterborough by the Official SCB.

didnt it used to be.. if you were an asset of a team in a certain league, that league got preference regardless if you were currently riding for the parent club or not ( in BWD's case).

is there any record of any 'agreement' that was made ?

We seem to think so, i wouldnt think we would put a statement out otherwise
  • Like 1

Not really in anyone's interests for Newcastle to turn up without two of the league's top stars. More rank fixture planning.

We seem to think so, i wouldnt think we would put a statement out otherwise

So, if any agreement was broken, would there be any consequences ?

Not that there would be anything to gain for Newcastle, but maybe Belle Vue could lose by using an 'ineligible' rider under dubious circumstances ;)

Wasn't this all thrashed out weeks ago over Robbie Branford, and the rule clarified?

At the time there was some sort of unofficial deal going on, and Rye House had a tug-o-war about his availability?

Didn't a statement come out then that the rules would be followed in future, no gentlemans' agreements being allowed to over-ride them?

what a joke.week in week out this sport shoots itself in the foot with absurd rules and regs.in its basic form its four guys going round a track for christi sake.never in all the years that i have been attending speedway matches have i come across such petty, stupid rulings.i know that riders need to earn money but for the sake of the sport, this stupid doubling up ruling needs to be brought to a stop.this never happened back in the great times of the 70,s and 80,s and the reason for my rant is that i have every sympathy for both newcastle and every other team whose promotion and supporters suffer at the hands of these ridiculous governing bodies.i,like every supporter in the country, love my speedway.it is a drug that gets you hooked from day one but is in danger of drowning itself in its own set of crazy rulings.the monarchs diamonds meeting should have been a classic with two full sides, now ruined by petty beurocracy.sorry for the long rant but i, like thousands of others, love the sport that i follow and just get frustrated by all the insane rules and regs.at the conclusion of the season the powers that be have got to take a step back and seriously consider just what is killing our sport.the crowd at sheffield last night did not look as though it was going to be anything special.ok weather may have played a part but this was two teams sitting nicely in the table with two full sides, that alone should say there is a big problem.anyway rant over and good luck to monarchs and diamonds supporters for a good, safe meeting

• Like 7

Taken from the Official Newcastle website:

"Notice to all Newcastle Speedway supporters that due to a decision made by the Speedway Control Bureau Manager Mr Neil Vatcher on the afternoon of Thursday 18th May, Steve Worrall will not be appearing for Newcastle at Edinburgh on Friday 19th May."

According to the above, Vatcher made the decision himself.

If the original BSPA agreement had been subsequently overruled by the SCB, can you find it on the SCB website, as I can't.

The Newcastle statement adds:_

"It is believed Mr Vatcher has been in contact with the management of Belle Vue Speedway regarding making his decision but has at no time made any contact with representatives of Newcastle Speedway. "

If this is correct, Vatcher's treatment of Newcastle verges on being arrogantly disrespectful to George English.

So instead of having a sly dig at Alex, make sure you gets facts right in the first place.

• Like 1