British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
havenagotahope

Bandits V Panthers 20/5/17

Hats off to all concerned to those who helped get this meeting on as had it not been for covers there`s no way we would have seen any racing last night and I`m sure the small band of Peterborough were grateful to even in defeat. Covers do work, its just a pity more tracks don't seem to want to put the effort in in using them. I get the logistic and/or the financial argument, I get the fact that not all tracks either own their stadium or have landlords who would permit the speedway track to be covered but surely its worth looking at. Berwick don't get it perfect every time but they are leading the way.

Meeting wasn't the greatest but at last Berwick have won, and now have a genuine No1. Gappmaier continues his good form and Howe could prove a shrewd signing, certainly has let nobody down in his first two meetings for the club while the enigma Bridger continues his struggles.

• Like 3

I'm quite quickly regretting how much I wanted to see Hansen in Panthers colours now.....

Welcome to the world of a Comets fan haha!!!

Major surgery was required after last year, but all they did was stick a couple of plasters on the wound. Well done Berwick..

Been saying that for 10 years.

• Like 1

Hats off to all concerned to those who helped get this meeting on as had it not been for covers there`s no way we would have seen any racing last night and I`m sure the small band of Peterborough were grateful to even in defeat. Covers do work, its just a pity more tracks don't seem to want to put the effort in in using them. I get the logistic and/or the financial argument, I get the fact that not all tracks either own their stadium or have landlords who would permit the speedway track to be covered but surely its worth looking at. Berwick don't get it perfect every time but they are leading the way.

Meeting wasn't the greatest but at last Berwick have won, and now have a genuine No1. Gappmaier continues his good form and Howe could prove a shrewd signing, certainly has let nobody down in his first two meetings for the club while the enigma Bridger continues his struggles.

Agree with most of the above but not sure about the Bridger comment. His fall tonight was through trying too hard (Dany took advantage of the restart, indeed you could argue it was the turning point in the meeting) and whatever damage he did to himself/his bike left him off the pace for the last couple of rides. Personally I always kinda hope he misses the gate and has to charge from the back, it might leave him prone to the odd mishap but it's exciting to watch.

• Like 2

Agree with most of the above but not sure about the Bridger comment. His fall tonight was through trying too hard (Dany took advantage of the restart, indeed you could argue it was the turning point in the meeting) and whatever damage he did to himself/his bike left him off the pace for the last couple of rides. Personally I always kinda hope he misses the gate and has to charge from the back, it might leave him prone to the odd mishap but it's exciting to watch.

Fair point, Bridger came into the team on a hefty average, but because of mechanical problem's has never got anywhere near that average. Since switching to GM`s he has done better but even with a fall a 4pt return is not great and this is from someone who is delighted to see Bridger at Berwick and at the time of his signing predicted him to be one of the leagues top riders.

A win at last but not getting carried away against a badly under strength Panthers side great work with the covers to get the meeting on speedy recovery to Etheridge and Lambert looking forward to seeing BB next week

To be fair to Lewis he came into the Bandits team and as we always do we think at last we have found our saviour. However a bad deal and crappy equipment from revolution put a true spanner in the works. However I do believe he is trying very hard to get it right and I do enjoy watching him. Once he sorts out the mechanicals I think we could have a top two to be feared.

• Like 3

To be fair to Lewis he came into the Bandits team and as we always do we think at last we have found our saviour. However a bad deal and crappy equipment from revolution put a true spanner in the works. However I do believe he is trying very hard to get it right and I do enjoy watching him. Once he sorts out the mechanicals I think we could have a top two to be feared.

I hope so to, I believe Bridger certainly has the talent and with bikes to match can be a heavy scorer.

Really pleased for the club after getting the meeting on, to finally get the first win of the season. That's three meetings saved by covers this season. Brilliant work by everybody.

Looking at things halfway through the meeting, it looked like things were going the way of the Panthers, the r/r was scoring way more than Kenneth Hansen and Ashley Morris was an upgrade on Bradley Wilson Dean.

Dany Gappmaier winning heat 7 changed things around. Panthers were on a 5-1 when Bridger fell, 3-3 in the re-run, how often have you seen that in speedway? Then David Howe and Kevin Doolan came to the party.

Nasty looking incident between Lambert and Etheridge. Hope the two are okay. Never nice when you see a rider high side like that.

In Nick Morris we finally look like we have the number 1 we've craved for years.

Hope this is the catalyst for a bit of a good run. Very small crowd tonight, not totally unexpected with the weather today. Hopefully the first win will bring a few back.

Wonder how long they had "hallelujah" lined up for?

8 years to the ? above

A win at last but not getting carried away against a badly under strength Panthers side great work with the covers to get the meeting on speedy recovery to Etheridge and Lambert looking forward to seeing BB next week

Probably it was a get out of jail card for us

Dany Gappmaier invited to guest for Panthers at Brough tomorrow......

Yeah and what a great idea that was

• Like 3

at least he was willing to ride

Yeah and what a great idea that was

I get the feeling the Bandits management may have asked him to stay safe

Dany Gappmaier invited to guest for Panthers at Brough tomorrow......

I don't see him getting anymore guest bookings anytime soon. If that's the best he could do I don't see him doubling up for Swindon much longer.

I don't see him getting anymore guest bookings anytime soon. If that's the best he could do I don't see him doubling up for Swindon much longer.

Lets be honest the only reason he was asked was because he was there and his average fitted and it was easier than phoning around hunting for a rider who'd have to travel up to Newcastle at short notice not the first time its happened when a visiting teams has had a rider injured at Sheilfield and they've invited a Berwick rider to help out in a Sunday fixture

• Like 1

at least he was willing to ride

Yes but the trouble was we expected him to race.

• Like 2