British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Edinburgh 21/05/17 7:30pm Champ

Well done worky - good win.

You did the damage in the first couple of heats.

At least we dented cookie's average!

• Like 1

What a meeting that was , best so far this season and our boys come out on top .. I really think it could have been more had Ty's chain not gone in heat 12 against the tac ride , Well done , up to 4th in the table now keep it going boys

• Like 1

Agree with above....masters ad Erik in 15 off gates 2 and 4. gate 1 was slick and furthest to the dirt, with choice in 15 we erred picking 1 and 3. Cookie looked obvious winner, he rarely misses start twice , but giving Tommy gun 4 again was silly.

Hats off to TJ and, Williamson. who rode well, and to Mitch davey his heat 14 was fantastic.

As for max Clegg, more on the pace tonight but rides too tight and easily passed. His struggles on the bigger tracks continues.

• Like 1

Great win for the Comets in a very entertaining match!! :t:

Nip and tuck for most of the way after Comets had made a blistering start, some very good races tonight and how some guys got thru gaps they got thru was just unbelievable at times? :o

Pick has to be Williamson/Wells/Jorgensen, Ht11, worth the admission money just to see that, all over each other for four laps, brilliant stuff, Jorgensen/Masters in Ht13 and Cook/Jorgensen/Masters in Ht15, some terrific racing!! :D

One thing I couldn't understand tho, where was Erik Riss in the final heat, Monarchs only five down, draw would have been enough, guy was flying, had the momentum but they put Wells in with Masters, not exactly on top form and not in the best two scorers either so, unless Riss had a problem of some sort then I think that decision could have cost Edinburgh a deserved point as they were certainly good value for one? :t:

Still, a good three points for us and up to fourth now, making steady progress so, let's keep that going and see where it takes us? ;)

Totally agree, thought ER should have been in heat 15. Great to see Mitchell with a win AND get his own rides. He should have had his 4 rides on Friday too. If Josh can sort out his gating it would help him so much. Don't think the Monarchs have had a meeting yet where six of the riders have come to the party. We can't keep starting meeting on the back foot. Great to see and watch our boy Cookie.

• Like 2

I disagree, when you say Erik was flying he didn't actually beat any of the top Workington riders and only race win was when proctor failed to get off the start. Ricky beat proctor and sergeant in ht5, passed jorgensen in a brilliant ht11 and beat cookie in ht13. He also has loads of experience at derwent park so right call for me. The riders lined up on the same gates as heat 13 when we got a 3-3 which is what we needed so I couldn't complain. Sam actually made it to the front but stayed too high allowing cookie through so we weren't far away.

The bottom line is we started the meeting too slow and you can't keep giving teams a head start. Balance of the team will be better when Sam goes back to no1. Too many last places and too many riders a little bit off form.

Workington thoroughly deserved to win and it was the best meeting I have seen at Derwent park. Good passes in early races, heat 11 was fantastic with Mark, Ricky and tj changing places so many times a big surprise in ht13 with Monarchs keeping cookie at the back and in ht14 Mitchell davey with his best ride of the season passing both comets down the back straight.

Worst decision of the night has to be the ref in heat 8, campton should have been excluded as both Monarchs were well clear before he fell. Ref bottled it in my opinion.

Edited by scotchopper
  • Like 3

i have to agree with all of that above . a really good meeting for both sets of fans .

it was touch and go for both teams as they both failed to push on and dominate the meeting . worky had a good start in the first 2 heats and held onto it .

i could see why monarchs are top as they always seemed to have an ace up their sleeve .

mitch davey , cant believe he won a race , fair play to him ..

all the worky lads did what was expected from them . great performance from all .

anyone who complains about racing at speedway meeting , should have been there .

both teams fans were well entertained ..

• Like 3

Lots of fans complain if this or that rider hadn't been ill they would have done better.

Well hats off to TJ who has been ill for last two meetings but climbed out of his sickbed

to be there last night

• Like 5

Well done to the Comets but my top entertainers for the night were the two mascots..... absolutely brilliant lads!!! They must've been all in at the end especially after their dancing wearing their outfits...... take a bow

Personally, I thought Ricky was the correct choice for ht 15 but he really has to get it together in ht 1. I will be very happy when Sam goes back to #1

Very bemused with the referees decisions in ht 8 - all 4 back? and then Campton allowed to leave the track? - consistency required

The Comets fans would be the happiest at the end but any fan would feel entertained after some great racing and effort from the boys

Great to see birthday boy Cookie and his family x

• Like 4

got to agree heat 8 decision was very poor.

campton fell on his own, the red lights didn't go on until the riders were entering the 3rd bend..

if it was an unsatisfactory start put the red lights on straight away

• Like 1

We done well to stay in it after once again a poor start to the meeting. Hopefully this doesn't continue to become a problem.

Thought heat 8 was poor decision looked like campton realised he wasn't getting over the top of them of gate 4 and just put it down. Expected slightly better from mark and Ricky but a fantastic performance from Mitchell at reserve was unlucky not to have two race wins as was winning heat 8 as well until it came to a vault.

Williamson impressed for the comets might no have been overly quick but was sharp out the gate and rode a good line.

got to agree heat 8 decision was very poor.

campton fell on his own, the red lights didn't go on until the riders were entering the 3rd bend..

if it was an unsatisfactory start put the red lights on straight away

my buddy said the same thing about not putting the red lights on untill mid 3rd bend ish .

looks like it took a while to get the tenner to the ref !

but , its swings and roundabouts this speedway game . take the good with the bad ..

I disagree, when you say Erik was flying he didn't actually beat any of the top Workington riders and only race win was when proctor failed to get off the start. Ricky beat proctor and sergeant in ht5, passed jorgensen in a brilliant ht11 and beat cookie in ht13. He also has loads of experience at derwent park so right call for me. The riders lined up on the same gates as heat 13 when we got a 3-3 which is what we needed so I couldn't complain. Sam actually made it to the front but stayed too high allowing cookie through so we weren't far away.

The bottom line is we started the meeting too slow and you can't keep giving teams a head start. Balance of the team will be better when Sam goes back to no1. Too many last places and too many riders a little bit off form.

Workington thoroughly deserved to win and it was the best meeting I have seen at Derwent park. Good passes in early races, heat 11 was fantastic with Mark, Ricky and tj changing places so many times a big surprise in ht13 with Monarchs keeping cookie at the back and in ht14 Mitchell davey with his best ride of the season passing both comets down the back straight.

Worst decision of the night has to be the ref in heat 8, campton should have been excluded as both Monarchs were well clear before he fell. Ref bottled it in my opinion

Well, he couldn't have finished the race in any worse position than Wells SH but, we'll never know now!! :D