British Speedway Forum

Cracking Gp. Kudos to Doyle, assuming they stay fit looks like he and dudek will battle it out for the title. Still want Tai or Emil to win, but looks unlikely, so would be happy enough to see Doyle win it, would be deserved after being the best rider last year but missing out.

Racing in GPs has been superb the last few seasons, highlights what a great sport this is.

Best year ever for me in terms of racing....

What a Sport when done this well...

Must be someone out there who can market it to the masses and make these guys household names.?

Love watching Jason Doyle, something 'old school' about him...

Loads of skill but a ferocious will to do whats needed to win....

To paraphrase Kelvin "a proper Speedway rider Nige"...

• Like 2

i think doyley will have a break now to get fit for cardiff what a meeting though congrats to magic for winning it

Zmarzlick is well suited to the high revving laid low engines. He is a full throttle merchant. Take it back to the days when throttle control won races then he would struggle IMO. Last night particularly showed him up as a liability, I certainly thought he was going to cause a major crash.

Bloody good GP last night hat s off to Doyle hard as nails makes the final on crutches the dude still there notching up the points looks like it's a battle between those two they are starting to pull away Majic s 17 points keeps him in there woffy needs a big return in Cardiff if he hopes to challenge for the title . Anyone else thought ref was a little hard on Niels in his first race I felt he had nowhere to go

• Like 2

Anyways. Since Woffinden sucks maybe you could claim an Aussie Doyley British and cheer to his riding instead. You'd be less frustrated and upset. Or even Hancock! Bet he had some British ancestors 500 years ago. You could then say that a British rider is currently a World Champion. Rofl.

See ya all humble lads.

Why do you have to post this nonsense all the time? Most if us accept that GB are currently in a poor place on the world stage and just want to see good speedway regardless of who wins. Wouldn't bother me if Poles win every round as long as the racing is good as it was last night.

I think most fair minded people would be pleased to see Doyle win the world title, should have done last year and has that look about him again. Fair play for his performance last night while on crutches in between heats.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 5

Woffy is struggling although is still thereabouts in Top8 doesn't want to get in the tight situations these days for some reason.

Definately lost his edge. Looks almost uninterested and is just making up the numbers. His riding is predictable. You know he is just going to go his trademark cutback when on the outside gates. You know he is going to be passed by riders with far more energy. Looks to me Woffindens star has dimmed considerably on the world stage and he doesn't know how to get it back. He has won it twice and the way it's looking that's your lot.

Cracking Gp. Kudos to Doyle, assuming they stay fit looks like he and dudek will battle it out for the title. Still want Tai or Emil to win, but looks unlikely, so would be happy enough to see Doyle win it, would be deserved after being the best rider last year but missing out.

Racing in GPs has been superb the last few seasons, highlights what a great sport this is.

Amazing how Doyle can ride in a gp race , but then hobble on crutches to the gate pick ,,, he must think we are bloody stupid if he thinks the hundreds who can't stand him will fall for that sympathy ploy ,,,

Definately lost his edge. Looks almost uninterested and is just making up the numbers. His riding is predictable. You know he is just going to go his trademark cutback when on the outside gates. You know he is going to be passed by riders with far more energy. Looks to me Woffindens star has dimmed considerably on the world stage and he doesn't know how to get it back. He has won it twice and the way it's looking that's your lot.

Correct, he's becoming very much an also ran with regards to actually winning the title....

Enough natural talent to pick up enough 'easy' points from favourable gates to stay in the top 8 comfortably, but definitely seems to have lost that fire in his belly to mix it the same as he used to, especially when he doesn't make the start or gets passed..

When behind it seems to now be a first lap attempt to pass which if it doesn't happen he spends the rest of the race riding almost quite ragged trying different abstract lines, rather than the way he used to build momentum by smooth clinical, almost calm, riding to enable a succesful attack later in the race...

Never seen him make so basic mistakes like he has this year, eg taking completely wrong lines into bends whilst leading and getting passed, or like last night lifting constantly in the same places to halt his progress losing him points..

Maybe two titles (a magnificent achievement) has made Woffy slighty lose that 'edge' and in Speedway, as everyone knows, that split second decision making is often the only difference between success and failure..

A test of his inner drive I would say the rest of this season. No one on track has more discernible talent than him that's for sure, but just maybe these 'new kids' have more desire to get to that top step he has graced twice already..?

Enough natural talent to pick up enough 'easy' points from favourable gates to stay in the top 8 comfortably.....

This year's field will not allow anyone to cruise to the top 8. After 5 rounds, Tai is 3 points ahead of the 8th place rider. And in 9th and 10th you have PP and Zmarzlik. There is, of course, the also ran's further down the field, like NKI and Chris Holder, yeh right.

You sit on your laurels at your peril.

Edited by False dawn

some great races up to heat 20 . and the first 2 laps of semi 1 ,then I switched off as soon as Doyle barged his way through once again . Pleased to see the final result that he didn't make the rostrum . nice to see Emil back at his best , hope for more from him and the rest of the Europeans in the remaining GPs

Barged really ? did he do anything illegal ? he was brave thats it he will be the 2017 World Champion.
  • Like 1

So what did they do to gate 4 after heat 16? 8 wins out of 16 races and then not 1 in the remaining 7 races.

Call me a nerd. But don't tell me that track "preparation" doesn't make a difference.

Still a good meeting.

For the record, points scored from each gate and races won from each gate (1 to 4)

2016 38 41 34 25 8 9 4 2

2017 30 40 33 34 4 6 5 8

Dont think there was anything wrong with gate 4 it was just the racing not many races won from gating.They were all over the place during most races.

Dont think there was anything wrong with gate 4 it was just the racing not many races won from gating.They were all over the place during most races.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with gate 4.

I'm just imagining myself making the first pick in the final (well I can dream!). Someone whispers in my ear, "half of the races up to heat 16 were won from gate 4". Then adds, "there hasn't been a winner from gate 4 in the last 6 races". My decision might be a touch difficult. Oh I know not all races are won from the gate and these stats can only be an indication. But such stark numbers must indicate something significant.

Barged really ? did he do anything illegal ? he was brave thats it he will be the 2017 World Champion.

yep .no bother though , the young poles have long memories , through rose tinted glasses brave and reckless look exactly the same .

Edited by speedibee