British Speedway Forum

I didn't say there was anything wrong with gate 4.

I'm just imagining myself making the first pick in the final (well I can dream!). Someone whispers in my ear, "half of the races up to heat 16 were won from gate 4". Then adds, "there hasn't been a winner from gate 4 in the last 6 races". My decision might be a touch difficult. Oh I know not all races are won from the gate and these stats can only be an indication. But such stark numbers must indicate something significant.

Janowski took gate 3 in Final which was joint worsted gate all night at I 2nd pick which surprised most pundits, so it is how each individual feels regarding his tactics .

Amazing how Doyle can ride in a gp race , but then hobble on crutches to the gate pick ,,, he must think we are bloody stupid if he thinks the hundreds who can't stand him will fall for that sympathy ploy ,,,

I was in Gothenberg in 1977 when Peter Collins finished second with a badly broken leg that contained 300 stitches after clipping a grid cover at Hyde Road very close to the world final, he could have actually won it only for a rerun in atrocious weather. Not only was he on crutches but had to be lifted on and off his bike, so not really amazing how Doyle was able to race really.

Edited by bellevueace

Amazing how Doyle can ride in a gp race , but then hobble on crutches to the gate pick ,,, he must think we are bloody stupid if he thinks the hundreds who can't stand him will fall for that sympathy ploy ,,,

What are you talking about? The guy's got 3 metal plates and 14 screws in his foot, and you expect him to be skipping around the pits with no crutches!

I think your hatred of Doyle is blinding you of the fact that he's the most determined rider on the circuit, who will hopefully end the year as world champion.

• Like 8

I was in Gothenberg in 1977 when Peter Collins finished second with a badly broken leg that contained 300 stitches after clipping a grid cover at Hyde Road very close to the world final, he could have actually won it only for a rerun in atrocious weather. Not only was he on crutches but had to be lifted on and off his bike, so not really amazing how Doyle was able to race really.

Carter at Oxford he was in a wheelchair was he not in between races.?

yep .no bother though , the young poles have long memories , through rose tinted glasses brave and reckless look exactly the same .

Wont phase Doyle though he is a grinder as well as being a class act a great example to others believe in yourself work hard and anything is possible. Edited by Sidney the robin

Definately lost his edge. Looks almost uninterested and is just making up the numbers. His riding is predictable. You know he is just going to go his trademark cutback when on the outside gates. You know he is going to be passed by riders with far more energy. Looks to me Woffindens star has dimmed considerably on the world stage and he doesn't know how to get it back. He has won it twice and the way it's looking that's your lot.

Making up the numbers lol you really arent the brightest tool in the box.......tool maybe.

5th in the world is making up the numbers is it?

Well one good gp at Cardiff and he is right back in the mix. He has won it twice do you expect him to carry on winning it every year?? There are younger hungry riders out there like Dudek, Magic and Zmarzlik so of course he wont have it all his own way.

The field now is stronger than when he won it both times.

Making up the numbers is riders like Holder at the moment.

Im sure with your support at Cardiff we can all cheer Woffy to get up on the podium.

I would say yearly placings of 1st, 4th , 1st and 2nd and currently 5th in a stronger line up means he isnt doing to bad...............

So quick on the Poole threads to have a pop at anyone moaning about KK.........your obsession with anything Woffinden is borderline perversion

Anyways. Since Woffinden sucks maybe you could claim an Aussie Doyley British and cheer to his riding instead. You'd be less frustrated and upset. Or even Hancock! Bet he had some British ancestors 500 years ago. You could then say that a British rider is currently a World Champion. Rofl.

See ya all humble lads.

Somebody calls you a p¡llock and with no reference to any Polish riders so you start going on about Woffinden? Nobody on here appears to have anything against Magic, Dudek, Zmarzlik or Pawlicki so why do you bang on about British rider(s)? It's a cowards way of arguing. It appears you just troll on here to slag off British people, very sad.

Well ..my 12 year old who normally won't watch speedway at all ..even when I'm watching it was quite enthralled by this meeting...amazing..I've now said I'll take him to Belle Vue..he's always flatly turned down the offer before...but after last night he now wants to go !...so it looks like I'm off to my first live meeting in years..and he's coming with me...

So it shows the importance of TV and getting a product on TV that comes across as entertaining to the younger generation....last night did that...hope our live experience is just as entertaining for him and he enjoys it as much as I did when I first went at a similar age in the 70's..

• Like 4

Well ..my 12 year old who normally won't watch speedway at all ..even when I'm watching it was quite enthralled by this meeting...amazing..I've now said I'll take him to Belle Vue..he's always flatly turned down the offer before...but after last night he now wants to go !...so it looks like I'm off to my first live meeting in years..and he's coming with me...

So it shows the importance of TV and getting a product on TV that comes across as entertaining to the younger generation....last night did that...hope our live experience is just as entertaining for him and he enjoys it as much as I did when I first went at a similar age in the 70's..

I am thinking the other save my money that I spend on British speedway a go to the GPs the entertainment value seems to have gone up afew notches this season unlike British Speedway which is heading in the other direction.Hope he enjoys BV though as it's probably the best speedway in UK these days.

Good stuff from Horsens last night, just how tough is Jason Doyle. Always surprised when I see empty seats at this GP with only an 11,500 capacity.

I am thinking the other save my money that I spend on British speedway a go to the GPs the entertainment value seems to have gone up afew notches this season unlike British Speedway which is heading in the other direction.Hope he enjoys BV though as it's probably the best speedway in UK these days.

As much as work, and/or wallet allows I try a bit of both. I have done Berwick most weeks with a trip to Prague thrown in. I will be attending Kings Lynn next Saturday, Peterborough for the 4`s and Torun SGP.

Good stuff from Horsens last night, just how tough is Jason Doyle. Always surprised when I see empty seats at this GP with only an 11,500 capacity.

Wonder how much of an effect Nicki pulling out had on the crowd?He is amazingly popular and the new generation just don't have his record or his popularity.Add to that the drop off at the moment.Must be the worse GP season for the Danes in a long while and nothing on the horizon.............ominous

Wonder how much of an effect Nicki pulling out had on the crowd?He is amazingly popular and the new generation just don't have his record or his popularity.Add to that the drop off at the moment.Must be the worse GP season for the Danes in a long while and nothing on the horizon.............ominous

Its a sad fact now but the only 2 major markets for the SGP are Poland and Great Britain

Well after that I've just booked my first visit to Cardiff for a few years and an overnight stay as well, even got the wife to come for her 2nd meeting after iow last month. Not been interested in going for the past few years but looking forward to a good weekend

Well after that I've just booked my first visit to Cardiff for a few years and an overnight stay as well, even got the wife to come for her 2nd meeting after iow last month. Not been interested in going for the past few years but looking forward to a good weekend

Hope you enjoy it, the atmosphere around the stadium in all the pubs etc full of speedway fans for most of the saturday is great. For a short break from the fans go for a wander along the river behind the stadium or around the castle.