Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon Sprockets - I O W Warriors 25-5-17

This the second National Trophy meeting for Swindon this thurs.

Team line ups and write up

http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.2883

Swindon won their first meeting at the IOW 47-43 but have had to change some of the team due to rider availability tomorrow.

Edited by A ORLOV

Where are all the fans with views about this meeting ?

Where are all the fans with views about this meeting ?

There's 2 threads been set up

Swindon by 6-8 for me.

There's 2 threads been set up

Swindon by 6-8 for me.

Saw that from my mate HS but took that to be about the team whereas this thread is about the individual meeting, the same as there was about the previous meetings at the IOW and the rained off one at Swindon.

Saw that from my mate HS but took that to be about the team whereas this thread is about the individual meeting, the same as there was about the previous meetings at the IOW and the rained off one at Swindon.

maybe no one is interested . exactly the same thing happened with leicester cubs , Not a real Leicester team , managed by an arrogant twatt who thought he knew it all , bringing riders in from Scotland and kent . who had no connection whatever with the club or county . while the local lads sat at home or rode in the second half . never pulled more than about 150 people in . I know of 2 local lads who would have done that on their own , and done a far better job than the Immigrants as well , but hey ho , give the reigns to an arrogant prat who knows nothing about speedway except how a stopwatch works and end any chance of a successful junior league team

Well done to Ben Woodhull on what I assume is his first NL MATCH.... 13 points.

• Like 2

Woodhull was very impressive Wilson getting injured spoiled the match a little but there was some decent racing.Zach was very quick Wallinger Wooley chipped in well and for the IOW Cockle was great value. Greaves well he has improved one hell of alot, Cockle and Greaves gated Zach in heat 15 and by then Greaves had long gone.I really hope these matches are here to stay i recon maybe?4/ 500 was there hard to judge though.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

Enjoyed the night. Glad Whitmore walked away because it looked a bad one.

Zach and Greaves on a different level to the rest. Woodhull was impressive definitely models his starts on Hans.

Ended up watching Cupitt through my fingers. Quick but wild.

Edited by Anzum
  • Like 1

Enjoyed the night. Glad Whitmore walked away because it looked a bad one.

Zach and Greaves on a different level to the rest. Woodhull was impressive definitely models his starts on Hans.

Ended up watching Cupitt through my fingers. Quick but wild.

Heat 2 with Wallinger and Woodhull was a decent race it just shows you that this level can serve up decent racing.I hope Swindon might get to ride Eastbourne or /Mildenhall ie) could get to see Brennan,Jenkins,Wood,(ect).
  • Like 2

Was highly impressed with Woodhall clearly a very talented and fearless rider , would be good to see a meeting on a cooler day the dry track made life a bit tough for some of these kids but Zach and Greaves did look a cut above but quite amazed how being coached a bit by Tai has made Layne actually look like him on a bike albeit a raw version! David Wallinger is already a bit of a cult figure something of the Barry Ayres about him.

The crowd was a little disappointing but I guess many are saving there pennies for Monday or conserving there energy in this Indian Summer?!

• Like 2

Woodhull was very impressive Wilson getting injured spoiled the match a little but there was some decent racing.Zach was very quick Wallinger Wooley chipped in well and for the IOW Cockle was great value. Greaves well he has improved one hell of alot, Cockle and Greaves gated Zach in heat 15 and by then Greaves had long gone.I really hope these matches are here to stay i recon maybe?4/ 500 was there hard to judge though.

400/500 about a third the seniors would have got, would be good attendance, most National League clubs would be happy with that, nice warm evening up on the Hill.

Was highly impressed with Woodhall clearly a very talented and fearless rider , would be good to see a meeting on a cooler day the dry track made life a bit tough for some of these kids but Zach and Greaves did look a cut above but quite amazed how being coached a bit by Tai has made Layne actually look like him on a bike albeit a raw version! David Wallinger is already a bit of a cult figure something of the Barry Ayres about him.

The crowd was a little disappointing but I guess many are saving there pennies for Monday or conserving there energy in this Indian Summer?!

The bank accounts will be bulging with only one meeting in a month!

400/500 about a third the seniors would have got, would be good attendance, most National League clubs would be happy with that, nice warm evening up on the Hill.

Is that good anough Beefy for it to be sustainable ? at 14 pound a head (with a programme) i hope so a good night.

The bank accounts will be bulging with only one meeting in a month!

Thats gotta be a first, being warm at Swindon on an evening meeting

I read in another thread on the BSF that attendances COULD be showing an upturn. A 20 per cent increase has been reported by Redcar - but that means very little unless an exact equation with the original ACTUAL attendees are made. Otherwise, a per centage comparison means very little.

For all that, well done and all success to the Swindon Sprockets.

Edited by Guest

Good to see the youngsters, a decent meeting which was good to watch, but a few too many prangs. The track was a bit grippy and dry which may have caught some of the youngsters out.

Bring on the next meeting against Plymouth and hopefully others.