British Speedway Forum

For next year; keep an eye on www.longtrack-live.com for all FIM Long Track live updates ;)

Jannick de Jong out for 4 years having tested positive for Amphetamine after a doping test carried out early last season. Seems he drank from the wrong Coke bottle at a student party. With google translate from Polish, this was his excuse with two of his friends testifying to this.

3 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Jannick de Jong out for 4 years having tested positive for Amphetamine after a doping test carried out early last season. Seems he drank from the wrong Coke bottle at a student party. With google translate from Polish, this was his excuse with two of his friends testifying to this.

At 30 you would think that length of ban would practically retire him? Certainly a sad way to bow out after an illustrious career but if you move if iffy circles............

I remember seeing him for the first time at Collier Street as a 19 year old. Had never even heard of him at that point and he flew round finishing 2nd in the final i think? From that point on i could see he would go on to big things. 1 x Longtrack Champ & 3 x runner up. 3 x Euro titles. 2 x Team titles & 8 x national champion is massive by any standards and yet i still feel like he has under achieved? Looked a strong favourite for another Longtrack championship before his suspension and who knows what would have happened over the coming years.

The ban would have been 2 years but as De Jong was caught with cannabis in 2010 it was doubled to 4 years.

• Thanks 1

Should have kept to JD with his coke and it would have been only a slap on the wrists...B)