British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

British Final (belle Vue) 19th June 2017

Be farcical in the extreme to give Lambert a place

I would give the place to Carl Wilkinson, the highest placed rider that was in the same semi final as Josh Auty. Wouldnt consider the 9th placed ride from the other semi final

Anyone who moans about Schlein being in the final, can't moan Lambert isn't in. If anything he has more right by virtue of actually qualifying! You can see it happening now Auty is out however. Wilkinson and Barker should be allowed the opportunity to travel for a run up and then the loser is first reserve.

• Like 1

Anyone who moans about Schlein being in the final, can't moan Lambert isn't in. If anything he has more right by virtue of actually qualifying! You can see it happening now Auty is out however. Wilkinson and Barker should be allowed the opportunity to travel for a run up and then the loser is first reserve.

Havent moaned about Schlein myself not that i really like the situation.

Lambert didnt qualify........reason is irrelevant.

And Ben Barker came 9th in the semi final. None of the 8 above him have dropped out. Wilkinson deserves the place

• Like 2

Havent moaned about Schlein myself not that i really like the situation.

Lambert didnt qualify........reason is irrelevant.

And Ben Barker came 9th in the semi final. None of the 8 above him have dropped out. Wilkinson deserves the place

Yes that's a fair point. The place should clearly go to Wilkinson.

• Like 1

Is it just a rumour? Or has Robert Lambert just been given a place in the British Final?

Really, really hope so in this case, there is no doubt he would've qualified, it was complete bad luck why he didn't make it to the meeting.

• Like 1

It should go to Wilko but you surely have to acknowledge why there is an appetite to get Lambert into the meeting.

There seems to be a caveat on every regulation in the book 'in the best interests of British speedway'

Given that it doesnt really matter who is next in line. If there is a desire for Lambert to be included he will be.

Surely it depends what the rules say? If the rules say in the event of a qualified rider being unavailable the place goes to the meeting reserve, then it should be Wilkinson.

If the rules are silent then it makes sense to put lambert in.

• Like 1

Auty making a comeback so no replacement needed

Unless he withdrew when went 'on holiday', sorry i meant to say retire :o

Just shows you what a joke Speedway is at times with these crazy rules Auty makes a mistake and retires and loses his British Final place.He comes back on the 11th so why cant he ride ?i am sure Wilko would of understood.Auty he qualified on merit and to think Auty/Scunny could of lied and said he was injured when he made his rash decision stupid rules and no common sense used at all.

• Like 1

He retired for a week, it's pathetic, give it to Wilko, if not Lambert

A mistake have you ever known someone who left and resigned from a job.Yet after realising he /she had made a mistake went back and got there old job back i have if he was coming back at the end of the month i might of understood it. Edited by Sidney the robin

Whys it matter it hardly weakens the field

Whys it matter it hardly weakens the field

The princible is it would not of mattered who the rider was, a crazy rule that does not need to be there in the first place. Edited by Sidney the robin