British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

British Final (belle Vue) 19th June 2017

Many competitions use wild cards and it makes sense to join in.

We seem to have a new bunch of young riders coming through.... they need to be encouraged to take on meetings in Europe before they venture in to European leagues.

There are lots of individual meetings in Germany, Holland , France etc ....I am sure they would love to add some Gb talent to their competitions

• Like 1

Nothing against Craig Cook but I'd love to see Rory win just to see what angle the BSPA would put on an Aussie being the British GP wild card :P

• Like 2

Nothing against Craig Cook but I'd love to see Rory win just to see what angle the BSPA would put on an Aussie being the British GP wild card :P

I initially thought there was no way they would give it to Rory if he won, but now I'm not so sure.

They've given British wild cards to Crump and Gollob in the past.

Let us hope that we have a good entertaining meeting and a lot of people watching on BT sport.

Good meeting last year even with rain during the last hour.

BT sport is only a one year contract so we need them to be happy with the viewing figures.

Edited by Gunner85
  • Like 1

Let us hope that we have a good entertaining meeting and a lot of people watching on BT sport.

Good meeting last year even with rain during the last hour.

BT sport is only a one year contract so we need them to be happy with the viewing figures.

no we need it to go to eurosport to capture a wider audience

Should be a decent (ish) crowd. Over 1000 tickets sold already. Holds about 3500 doesn't it so shouldn't look too embarrassing on TV...

Decent weather should mean a reasonable 'walk up' crowd who decide to go tomorrow too..

2000 wouldnt be a bad crowd I would suggest for such a standard of meeting at the admission charged....

Edited by mikebv

If Rory wins it there will be uproar. Would like to see Scott make it 8.

• Like 2

Cardiff wildcard rule needs to be changed to.... highest rider excluding Rory.

If Rory gets it are we going to see other riders applying for a British licence next year?

• Like 1

Imagine if eight riders are seeded next year, how many arguments will there be on here about who's in and who's not!

Two semi-finals featuring the top 32 riders gives almost all the decent Brits a chance of reaching the British Final - so WHY CHANGE IT?

Robert Lambert had his chance this season, but failed to qualify - no need to mess around with changing the rules of fair competition, or introduce seedings or wildcards

They ALL (32) have the same chance

Edited by Midland Red

Should be a decent (ish) crowd. Over 1000 tickets sold already. Holds about 3500 doesn't it so shouldn't look too embarrassing on TV...

Decent weather should mean a reasonable 'walk up' crowd who decide to go tomorrow too..

2000 wouldnt be a bad crowd I would suggest for such a standard of meeting at the admission charged....

Grandstand holds 1850

South stand limited to 1200 this year re temporary stands.

Grandstand holds 1850

South stand limited to 1200 this year re temporary stands.

2000 is two thirds full then almost..

Would look OK on TV depending on how many are in the Grandstand. Maybe they will 'upgrade' people like they did for us with Western Terrace standing tickets at the SWC to ensure the area most in view of the cameras looks full?

2000 is two thirds full then almost..

Would look OK on TV depending on how many are in the Grandstand. Maybe they will 'upgrade' people like they did for us with Western Terrace standing tickets at the SWC to ensure the area most in view of the cameras looks full?

Yeh then dear old pearson and Tatum can say look at the crowd .. :rofl: