British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

British Final (belle Vue) 19th June 2017

Robert is a big loss to the meeting but it would be farcical to shoehorn him in.

• Like 1

With the news of Josh Auty quitting the sport does this now mean that Carl Wilkinson moves up into the meeting?

With Woffinden not being arsed anymore they may as well stick Lambert in. Why make the field weaker than it needs to be?

It's only the equivalent of the old NLRC these days anyway.

That had Aussies in it as well!

Edited by Terry

With Woffinden not being arsed anymore they may as well stick Lambert in. Why make the field weaker than it needs to be?

It's only the equivalent of the old NLRC these days anyway.

That had Aussies in it as well!

Why should Lambert get a place??

• Like 1

Why should Lambert get a place??

Because he's clearly our best hope for future honours, while an Australian gets a place. Which I think is ridiculous, whichever license he happens to have.

• Like 2

Because he's clearly our best hope for future honours, while an Australian gets a place. Which I think is ridiculous, whichever license he happens to have.

I get that but he didnt ride in the semi finals so even if Schlein wasnt in it then still it shouldnt be Lambert.

A certain Tai Woffinden asked to be seeded in 2016 as the semi finals were at the same time as gp's and he was refused. Same rules should apply here

• Like 2

Tickets are now on sale over on bellevueaces.co

My tickets are purchased now. Can't wait. Just need robert lambert to be sneaked in. He needs to be in British final whatever you think

Why? Had the chance to qualify, and didn't

Only his fault he wasn't there in time to ride

Those who did, and rode and qualified, deserve to be in the final, without any intruders

Look out Lambert ( R ) the knives are out for you now! Any young British rider who looks set to "make it" gets plenty of detractors early doors, as they say. Par for the course. As for Schlein if he is in, ( for the reason he has been included) then he should ride for GB in the World Cup.

Tickets are now on sale over on bellevueaces.co

My tickets are purchased now. Can't wait. Just need robert lambert to be sneaked in. He needs to be in British final whatever you think

Robert Lambert , could be sneaked in by the retirement of Josh Auty now, do you think.

• Like 1

For those who keep banging on about it, Rory Schlein is a British citizen :rolleyes:

Look out Lambert ( R ) the knives are out for you now! Any young British rider who looks set to "make it" gets plenty of detractors early doors, as they say. Par for the course. As for Schlein if he is in, ( for the reason he has been included) then he should ride for GB in the World Cup.

From the remarks said on here - I cant agree with you.

IMO if Robert had got to the meeting and had a couple engine failures then maybe he could have been slotted in but as it was he missed a meeting, unfortunate as that is, its the way it goes. I cant say anybody is against RL as a person.

I get that but he didnt ride in the semi finals so even if Schlein wasnt in it then still it shouldnt be Lambert.

A certain Tai Woffinden asked to be seeded in 2016 as the semi finals were at the same time as gp's and he was refused. Same rules should apply here

The same rule you stated on numerous occasions was wrong. Now a different rider is the subject the rule should apply. You either agree with the rule or you don't.

The same rule you stated on numerous occasions was wrong. Now a different rider is the subject the rule should apply. You either agree with the rule or you don't.

Im confused by what you mean

Robert Lambert didnt ride in the semi finals

Tai Woffinden (in 2016) didnt ride in the semi finals

Tai Woffinden asked to be seeded...he wasnt allowed

If Robert Lambert is seeded then again it shouldnt be allowed.

What rule am i supposed to be agreeing with here?

Im stating that if you dont ride in the semi finals, no matter what the reason, then you shouldnt be seeded.

What is that all about?

Nobody has the knives out for Lambert!!

Its a shame he isnt in the final but he didnt qualify simple as.

Carl Wilkinson rode in the semi and therefore as next qualifier he should move into the meeting instead of Auty.

• Like 1

For those who keep banging on about it, Rory Schlein is a British citizen :rolleyes:

As he is now a British citizen has he been asked to ride for GB in the World Cup or is it as reported that he has refused to ride for GB? You surely can't cherry pick the benefits of British citizenship? Or is it just convenient to be British for the licence / visa and be an Aussie in your heart? Confusing.

As he is now a British citizen has he been asked to ride for GB in the World Cup or is it as reported that he has refused to ride for GB? You surely can't cherry pick the benefits of British citizenship? Or is it just convenient to be British for the licence / visa and be an Aussie in your heart? Confusing.

Rory is on record as saying he has no intention of riding for GB in the World Cup, its his right and choice to decide that. Other British riders have made that decision in the past and no doubt will do so again. It is what it is, but not making himself available to ride in the WTC does smack of convenience to me i must admit..

• Like 1