British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

British Final (belle Vue) 19th June 2017

If its true about Dan Bewley , then the sport in this country as finally hit rock bottom

Excellent chance to give one of British speedways top prospects some big meeting experience

the BSPA should hang their heads in shame

it's about time speedway was run by an outside body because this lot haven't got a clue I'm afraid

In think Sky manually adjust their epg for over-runs but Virgin do not. Just use the over-run facility I mentioned above.

Thank you Rob, I was unaware of this facility.

I've just found it in the recording options and changed the settings in my series links for GP's etc.

The default setting was for 10 minutes overrun and I'm still a bit confused why this didn't suffice as there didn't seem any lengthy hold ups to proceedings. The program timing should surely have allowed for some post meeting analysis too so not to even reach the final heat with a programmed 10 minutes extra must mean someone must have seriously underestimated the run time in the programme scheduling?

From what I can remember I dont think the actual racing over ran, dont know about the whole transmission.

But in the past I remember setting Sky box for recording 10 min overun manually but it never did it - cut programs short

• Like 1

Thank you Rob, I was unaware of this facility.

I've just found it in the recording options and changed the settings in my series links for GP's etc.

The default setting was for 10 minutes overrun and I'm still a bit confused why this didn't suffice as there didn't seem any lengthy hold ups to proceedings. The program timing should surely have allowed for some post meeting analysis too so not to even reach the final heat with a programmed 10 minutes extra must mean someone must have seriously underestimated the run time in the programme scheduling?

I'd say it was an underestimation by BT in their scheduling. Sky used to schedule their league coverage from 7.30 to 9.30 and BT have followed suit, missing the crucial point that this meeting had 22 races rather than 15. They'll learn. It's easier for a sports broadcaster to over-run than under-run and have to search for a filler.

Virgin clearly need to get the message over regarding what is a simple adjustment, providing you know about it....

I'm pretty sure this is a 'test' season for BT and if we want to get stable, regular coverage back we and they need to make sure it works and mistakes are recognised and soon corrected.

From what I can remember I dont think the actual racing over ran, dont know about the whole transmission.

But in the past I remember setting Sky box for recording 10 min overun manually but it never did it - cut programs short

I've thankfully never had a problem with Virgin's Tivo.

The final was 5mins over schedule coverage which was 2hours 30mins the coverage ran for at least another 20mins

The final was 5mins over schedule coverage which was 2hours 30mins the coverage ran f

Apologies, it was finally scheduled to finish at 10. When I set my recording up it was 9.30 on my epg. 2 hours 35 for 22 heats isn't that extreme at 5.6 minutes per heat. At that pace a 15 heat match would take under 90 minutes which would have most people praising the efficiency. People should have adjusted their recordings beforehand, as I explained earlier. Sport over-runs.

Edited by Rob McCaffery

it's about time speedway was run by an outside body because this lot haven't got a clue I'm afraid

Nevermind eh , your only 10 years behind... :rofl:

Apologies, it was finally scheduled to finish at 10. When I set my recording up it was 9.30 on my epg. 2 hours 35 for 22 heats isn't that extreme at 5.6 minutes per heat. At that pace a 15 heat match would take under 90 minutes which would have most people praising the efficiency. People should have adjusted their recordings beforehand, as I explained earlier. Sport over-runs.

I'm fairly new to Tivo having recently moved from Sky. I have just set to record Mondays premier league fixture and it immediately gave me a prompt and option to over record stating it was a live event and may overrun as you said.

This is the first time it has done this though as it didn't when I set up the GP and British final. Maybe because I manually ammended the GP recording option to include the overrun when you made me aware of it?

Oh well I know now so thanks again :-)

If its true about Dan Bewley , then the sport in this country as finally hit rock bottom

Excellent chance to give one of British speedways top prospects some big meeting experience

the BSPA should hang their heads in shame

They will never " hang their heads in shame" because they believe with utter certainty that they are right. Even with the recent structural changes at the top of the BSPA it is the same scenario. "we are in power, ergo every action we take is correct". The previous Chairman is much lauded for his years of "guardianship of the sport" but those years saw a much faster decline and a further crumbling of the sport in the UK - in terms of crowd levels.

Now we have the Gerhardt engine initiative which seems to be failing and the nonexistent " big marketing push" promised by the Chairman in his pre-season "live" speech. Let alone the averages debacle.

At KL the necessary, simple cost free changes which fans have requested over the years have not been put in place - e.g. a long drawn out in midweek ( unnecessarily so ) following the 10 mins late starting - even without a sun delay last night V BV. The cash cow no longer milks well at all, as you can see from the plentiful gaps on the terracing.

They have done a marketing push they got instagram about 15 years after everyone else had it

Only positive they've done is the graphics for twitter

I'm fairly new to Tivo having recently moved from Sky. I have just set to record Mondays premier league fixture and it immediately gave me a prompt and option to over record stating it was a live event and may overrun as you said.

This is the first time it has done this though as it didn't when I set up the GP and British final. Maybe because I manually ammended the GP recording option to include the overrun when you made me aware of it?

Oh well I know now so thanks again :-)

Glad to help. I think I may have been lucky to have had this option offered every time I've set up a scheduled one-off recording. When you set up a series link the option is also there, you just don't get a pop-up window asking you if you want to over-run.

Surprised that this doesn't seem to be a feature on Sky's boxes.

So Cook confirmed as wild card for Cardiff with Ellis and Bates as reserve. Anyone know what Lambert has done not to be given one if they are being given to U21 riders?

So Cook confirmed as wild card for Cardiff with Ellis and Bates as reserve. Anyone know what Lambert has done not to be given one if they are being given to U21 riders?

Why should he get one?

Didnt ride in the semi finals so why should he get a wildcard?

I know Ellis withdrew with injury but he was there at least.

Ellis and Bates won that pairs meeting the other week and i think this is their 'prize' so to speak and fully deserved

Maybe they think he's too good to be given a place..

• Like 1