British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Peterborough Panthers , Cl , Sat 27th May 2017 At 7pm

We are at Newcastle on the Sunday

Ok i'll rephrase , another weekend without a home fixture and no revenue a home fixture brings

Sorry I should have read the previous page to the end first lol

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 1

Hopefully we can get PB to re-arrange for Sat 17 June when we have a blank fixture.

Which would mean r/r for Bewley where we cant cover his scoring and also puts pressure on Perry to do 7 rides. However we could move to the Sunday to make this fixture happen and prevent another blank weekend.

Peterborough have a home fixture v Sheffield on 18th June

Is your eyesight failing and the reason you missed edmon's post immediately above? :P

The first part - probably true but not a factor. I saw it alright and duly assessed it as being irrelevant, taking far greater cognisance of the passage I did quote. That's why I quoted it ;)

And yes it is farcical.

And yes it is farcical.

Please explain in detail how it is farcical especially as all promoters can comment and make changes to suit.

And yes it is farcical.

An extremely experienced promoter, who understands all the complexities of the process, is prepared to draw up a draft list for consultation and amendment.

What can possibly be farcical about that?

• Like 1

Its impossible to know if we break even, only the owners will know that. However as business people im surprised we havent taken action regarding our poor fixture allocation.

Whilst Glasgow could have (and should have imo) challenged poor fixture allocation in the past when they were the longest serving Sunday track and as such due priority, they haven't a leg to stand on now. When they took the choice to move to Saturday they became the newest Saturday track and as such are now rightly at the bottom of the pecking order. That's one of the decisions the promotion took moving to Saturday

• Like 1

See post 119 and give me a answer and you will see whats farcical

• Like 1

Whilst Glasgow could have (and should have imo) challenged poor fixture allocation in the past when they were the longest serving Sunday track and as such due priority, they haven't a leg to stand on now. When they took the choice to move to Saturday they became the newest Saturday track and as such are now rightly at the bottom of the pecking order. That's one of the decisions the promotion took moving to Saturday

Im not sure what the change of race night has to do with things unless its another one of speedway's legacy rules. Having 4 blank Saturdays in the opening 10 weeks of the season is bad for business and we should be able to challenge it although why it seems we havent is disappointing.

Im not sure what the change of race night has to do with things unless its another one of speedway's legacy rules. Having 4 blank Saturdays in the opening 10 weeks of the season is bad for business and we should be able to challenge it although why it seems we havent is disappointing.

There's an order for each race night, you are bottom of Saturday meaning that Worky and Berwick get to go to Glasgow on a Sunday in most cases

There's an order for each race night, you are bottom of Saturday meaning that Worky and Berwick get to go to Glasgow on a Sunday in most cases

I get that but it still means we get speedway those weekends for the visit or Berwick and Worky. The point im making is that we should have challenged the original list which only had us running on 6 of the 10 weekends from the start of the season.

• Like 1

I get that but it still means we get speedway those weekends for the visit or Berwick and Worky. The point im making is that we should have challenged the original list which only had us running on 6 of the 10 weekends from the start of the season.

Have you evidence that the initial draft fixture list only allocated home fixtures on 6 of the 10 weekends from the start of the season?

In reality, Glasgow have actually had 7 weekend fixtures from the start of the season, (5 in April, including 1 postponed, 2 in May)

As has been previously stated, the draft list is subject to consultation and amendment.

As the consultation and amendment would also involve the visiting teams, could it be that either the home side and/or the visitors have vetoed proposed dates for specific reasons that are not in the public domain?

IMO the problem of clubs agreeing suitable dates has been exacerbated by rider priority with regards to doubling up, FIM & Overseas commitments etc.

As an example, Glasgow have a blank date on Saturday 17th June, but as BV are at Leicester that night, would the Tigers be prepared to track two guests in place of Bewley & Smith?.

Even when dates have been agreed, original team lineups can be disrupted by other events (FIM/Overseas Domestic League) where participating riders are confirmed afterwards. There are also the short notice withdrawals for injury, illness, funerals, etc., which in the case of Edinburgh, has resulted in Berwick & Glasgow being the only visitors tracking their full sides, so far.

Edited by cyclone
  • Like 2

An extremely experienced promoter - i.e. a promoter with vested interest

He shouldn't be involved at all - totally farcical

Doesn't take Einstein to work out that it is patently obvious that no-one (at all) with a vested interest should be involved, it is a conflict of interest and so called "strict liability".

We are at Newcastle on the Sunday

Quick question? When you support both teams on the night, who are you supposed to cheer for? :rofl:

Quick question? When you support both teams on the night, who are you supposed to cheer for? :rofl:

The one that the people you're standing (or sitting) next to don't ;)

Jack Smith's bike STOLEN overnight from garage. Be on the look out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by IronScorpion