British Speedway Forum
screm

Kb/do Kevin Doolan Testimonial 17-06-2017

If you want to go fishing for bites try the local river

Unless a rider has career changing injuries then imo NO rider should have a testimonial.

• Like 1

Unless a rider has career changing injuries then imo NO rider should have a testimonial.

Utter rubbish . As a sport we can't pay riders , especially second tier riders , what they're worth . So a rider who has given British speedway loyal service for over 15 years , definitely deserves a big night as a thank you .

• Like 5

Utter rubbish . As a sport we can't pay riders , especially second tier riders , what they're worth . So a rider who has given British speedway loyal service for over 15 years , definitely deserves a big night as a thank you .

Dont agree. You go to your employer after 10 -12 years and say can i have a benifit month for being loyal to the firm, and i tell you what he/she will say, and the second words off. ;)

As i said, unless a rider has a career changing injury no rider should get a testimonial. Simple as.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Dont agree. You go to your employer after 10 -12 years and say can i have a benifit month for being loyal to the firm, and i tell you he/she will say, and the second words off. ;)

While that may be true , sport tends to be different . You can have a footballer on 50k a week getting a testimonial and crowds flock to it . Is it really such a crime to reward a speedway rider in the same way ?

• Like 1

While that may be true , sport tends to be different . You can have a footballer on 50k a week getting a testimonial and crowds flock to it . Is it really such a crime to reward a speedway rider in the same way ?

More fools the crowds that turn up.

Not in Kevin Doolan's case , despite your attitude , he will be rewarded by a large turn out . I saw for myself on Saturday evening just how popular he is at Berwick .

• Like 3

Not in Kevin Doolan's case , despite your attitude , he will be rewarded by a large turn out . I saw for myself on Saturday evening just how popular he is at Berwick .

Good, i hope its a success for him. But i stand by my word.

That's what Roy Clarke said on the mic on Saturday night . And pay no heed to Starman , of course Kevin deserves this night , he's been a great servant to British speedway and every club he's ridden for .

Cheers thanks for that

Dont agree. You go to your employer after 10 -12 years and say can i have a benifit month for being loyal to the firm, and i tell you what he/she will say, and the second words off. ;)

As i said, unless a rider has a career changing injury no rider should get a testimonial. Simple as.

Utter guff , many firms reward employees for long service . If you dont like testimonials why are you butting in on a thread for one ?

• Like 4

Can we take it, that unlike many others, our friend Starman won`t be attending Berwick this coming Saturday. Despite this I am sure we will have a good night.

• Like 2

Twit

Cheers thanks for that

I thought Roy said the gates opened at 5pm?

There is something on from 3.30 behind the pits area but I didn't pick up what it is.

Good, i hope its a success for him. But i stand by my word.

Did you show such a noble attitude when Davey Watt had his testimonial at Poole a few years back ?

You just don't get it do you, still never mind. This fool will be turning up to support this testimonial and quite happy to do so.

• Like 5