British Speedway Forum
screm

Kb/do Kevin Doolan Testimonial 17-06-2017

The sun shines on the righteous. Good night of entertainment, some good racing, Ben Barker was a star, all sorts of goings on, beautiful weather, a big crowd, the day went really well for one of the good guys of the sport.

• Like 8

Howarth and Schlein pulled out as well

Either of them riding on Monday? Bit like King. Treating fans as idiots.

How did Louis and Courtney get on - only one winner there for me.

Edited by SPEEDY69

Mark Courtney was in Italy on the spanners for Max Fricke , Ade Compton , Jade Mudgeway. & Johny Swales joined Chris Louis in some demonstration laps

It was a good night with close racing and sun,sun,sun. Good turnout too.

Good racing, some nice passes by Barker, and it was a nice touch to pay homage to Olsson, Jones, and Fry. Was a bit confusing with the ghost race, but still. Glad summers did well.

just got home and what was a great evening for a fantastic bloke and a great servant to speedway, fully deserved Kev.

Edited by KN1
  • Like 2

Great to see a big turn out for Kevin, inparticular great to see fans from his former clubs Kings Lynn and Ipswich making the trip up. Looks like everyone had a good day and with a bit of luck Kevin made a few pounds notes along the way.

• Like 3

What a great night for a great guy. True to the guy Kevin is, lots of fun things going on. I have never met anyone who doesn't like Dooly and last night was a fitting tribute to one of speedways gentlemen

I hope he really enjoyed his big day out, I know I did!!!

Having been on way too many Testimonial committees I can say that rider availability is always a factor and late call-offs are not only an annoying fact of life but they are actually expected. Kevin would have factored in some stand-bys for sure. These guys all ride Speedway and they are all mates, I don't think Kevin will bear any grudges. Personally, I attend a Testimonial because I like the rider irrespective of who is riding. The guys last night put on a brilliant show and a Testimonial programme with only 3 name changes is pretty impressive

• Like 4

Are there any stattos out there who can tell me exactly how many meetings Kevin has done & how many points he's scored since he arrived on these shores ?

Are there any stattos out there who can tell me exactly how many meetings Kevin has done & how many points he's scored since he arrived on these shores ?

http://www.speedway-stats.co.uk/Rider/240

http://wwosbackup.proboards.com/thread/789

Not sure if this is exactly what your looking for but it might be a start.

Edited by screm
  • Like 1

A great night for all our family, little ones loved the bucking bronco and stuff outside and the bouncy castle inside, while we loved the speedway with Ben Barker stealing the show and Mike Bennett a refreshing voice on the football pitch, all making a big night for deserving Doolan.

• Like 1