British Speedway Forum
LondonSpeedwayFan71

Presenters And Announcers

He can come with a translator if required.

:shock: :shock: That made me laugh Dave. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mr late dad had a wall and floor tiling business and one of his guys was Barry Wallace.....can't be the same chap? :unsure:

I think one of them is related to Eric Thornton 😉
  • Like 1

Tell you what ? some of what Terry Hardaker came out with at Bradford 80s-90s wouldn't have passed.

Right now I can hear Terry delivering one of his classics involving a local corner shop & some fireworks; that had us creased up laughing on the terraces and I am still laughing sat here !. RIP Terry - legend.

Rob at Scunny's nearest you'll get these days; occasionally irreverent; un-PC and entertaining to listen to when he is on his game. Always calls it as it is.

Edited by the outsider

Tell you what ? some of what Terry Hardaker came out with at Bradford 80s-90s wouldn't have passed.

Right now I can hear Terry delivering one of his classics involving a local corner shop & some fireworks; that had us creased up laughing on the terraces and I am still laughing sat here !. RIP Terry - legend.

Rob at Scunny's nearest you'll get these days; occasionally irreverent; un-PC and entertaining to listen to when he is on his game. Always calls it as it is.

It must have been bad if you can't reproduce it on here for our delectation. :shock:

Chris, it took me years to get over the scars of seeing the sport from the inside. Now I just pay my cash, take a seat in the corner and remember what it was like that magic day I first walked into Rayleigh Speedway nearly 50 years ago.

You're certainly not the only one with ability to have gone through this. It's not just fans who have walked away over the years.

Yeah unfortunately not mate, still onwards and upwards and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all fans out there across the globe. Enjoy your racing in 2018, new rules and new chances. A big shout out to my old mate Barry Bishop who's doing some excellent work at my old stomping ground the Isle Of Wight. Might even try and squeeze in a visit in 2018 before I'm too old and past it lol.

• Like 1

was always a Bernard Gent fan at Cleveland Park but Barry Wallace has always been top notch

was always a Bernard Gent fan at Cleveland Park but Barry Wallace has always been top notch

Indeed he has.

I like the Announcer at Redcar too. I believe it is Keith McGhie.

Also used to be an announcer at St James Park, alongside Alan Robson from Metro Radio fame. Alan got thrown out and they sacked Barry as well.

Also used to be an announcer at St James Park, alongside Alan Robson from Metro Radio fame. Alan got thrown out and they sacked Barry as well.

never liked AR but shame for Barry

The only reason I dont go to Wolves more often is that bloody Porky he gets on my nerves

Edited by Argos

At least with Brandon closed Bees fans don't have to suffer the dreadful Peter York anymore

• Like 3

The presenters of old often worked in the local media and had learnt there trade where as some of the newer generation are usually the guys who are first up at the local karaoke!

Nigel Leahi at poole best presenter in all the leagues. and his skills dont stop there. He also organises all our REF fuctions for the winter. Thats what you get if you give somebody a chance.

Yeah unfortunately not mate, still onwards and upwards and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all fans out there across the globe. Enjoy your racing in 2018, new rules and new chances. A big shout out to my old mate Barry Bishop who's doing some excellent work at my old stomping ground the Isle Of Wight. Might even try and squeeze in a visit in 2018 before I'm too old and past it lol.

Great idea..... let me know :)