British Speedway Forum
LondonSpeedwayFan71

Presenters And Announcers

The only reason I dont go to Wolves more often is that bloody Porky he gets on my nerves

Each to there own but for me Porkie is great, fills times between heats by interacting with the crowd and engages with away supporters. It's not the same when he not there

• Like 3

Roy Clarke did a good job at Berwick last season. Had a bit of a baptism of fire, trying to get the crowd enthusiastic when the team was losing every week. I thought he did a lot of things that were quite new, like interviewing some of the fans. Very knowledgeable and kept the crowd entertained all the way through.

Roy Clarke did a good job at Berwick last season. Had a bit of a baptism of fire, trying to get the crowd enthusiastic when the team was losing every week. I thought he did a lot of things that were quite new, like interviewing some of the fans. Very knowledgeable and kept the crowd entertained all the way through.

Love Roy, cannot understand a word mind, that applied to Mrs Barrie also.

I am surprised that there is no mention of Don Cumming on this thread. He was "Mr Saturday night at Meadowbank". You didn't need the 2 minute warning with Don. If things were running late he would say "come on lads, let's get these battle wagons rolling". Great memories.

At least with Brandon closed Bees fans don't have to suffer the dreadful Peter York anymore

Unfortunately, he was at Leicester when I went to a meeting there.

Nigel Leahi at poole best presenter in all the leagues. and his skills dont stop there. He also organises all our REF fuctions for the winter. Thats what you get if you give somebody a chance.

You have got to be having a laugh. He has all the charisma of a moose and is nearly as bad as that dreary bloke at Birmingham.

Best presentation team is unquestionably at Belle Vue : Neil Drummond, Hayley Bromley, Chase the Ace. Shouts for Michael Max (Glasgow), Dave Hoggart (Workington), Clive Fisher (Swindon) Roy Clarke (Newcastle/Berwick/Redcar) Andy Young (Lakeside).

The master sadly no longer does it : Kevin Long (Mildenhall/Ipswich).

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, he was at Leicester when I went to a meeting there.

You have got to be having a laugh. He has all the charisma of a moose and is nearly as bad as that dreary bloke at Birmingham.

Best presentation team is unquestionably at Belle Vue : Neil Drummond, Hayley Bromley, Chase the Ace. Shouts for Michael Max (Glasgow), Dave Hoggart (Workington), Clive Fisher (Swindon) Roy Clarke (Newcastle/Berwick/Redcar) Andy Young (Lakeside).

The master sadly no longer does it : Kevin Long (Mildenhall/Ipswich).

agree about Kevin

• Like 1

I must admit that when Chase the Ace was introduced at the beginning of last season my initial reaction was that it was the last thing we needed. How wrong was I. Chase is brilliant. He keeps the kids happy and even entertains the old foggies like me with his sense of humour, mimes and interaction with Hayley. He fills in the gaps in the racing, makes us laugh and helps build the atmosphere. Perhaps it's just my second childhood.

• Like 1

I must admit that when Chase the Ace was introduced at the beginning of last season my initial reaction was that it was the last thing we needed. How wrong was I. Chase is brilliant. He keeps the kids happy and even entertains the old foggies like me with his sense of humour, mimes and interaction with Hayley. He fills in the gaps in the racing, makes us laugh and helps build the atmosphere. Perhaps it's just my second childhood.

Completely agree - in fact, I could have written that myself :approve:

His 'Staying Alive' was just priceless.

• Like 1

1 good announcer is far better than an announcer and a poor presenter who ends up irritating the majority of fans.

Bernard Tennant was a great announcer at Belle Vue.... clear precise and on the ball

• Like 1

Would like to express my thanks to Kevin Long for enhancing the speedway experience at Ipswich over the last 20 years and wish him all the best with his new venture.

The benchmark the rest have to attempt to emulate 👏👏

• Like 2

Love Roy, cannot understand a word mind.

Nor can I and I have known him nearly 35 years 😁

Nor can I and I have known him nearly 35 years

You're right. I can understand Elliott better. :P

Has Kevin Long just dropped the presenting due to his new job ?

To me while a great presenter he's always come across as a fan too

• Like 2

To my knowledge, yes.

He's always been a speedway fan - which is one of the reasons why he was such a fine presenter.

He has taken on a restaurant/pub - The Duke of Malborough in Somersham.

A big loss for Foxhall nights but a gain for Suffolk 'foodies'