British Speedway Forum
oldywonkenoldi

Redcar Half Team V Glasgow Strong Team

They always have been a good set of Fans, but I cant for the life of me understand why they eat Deep Fried Mars Bars from the chip shop across the road from Armadale.

Err.....think you might have just managed to upset both sets of fans with that wee faux pas OWO ;)

The grapevine was working overtime last nite and those in the pits on Thursday gave there thoughts on what happened. Better get 7 medics for the rerun and do not be surprised if it takes place in late October

The grapevine was working overtime last nite and those in the pits on Thursday gave there thoughts on what happened. Better get 7 medics for the rerun and do not be surprised if it takes place in late October

No need with the threats... If it takes place in late October Glasgow will be a meeting short for the play off race... It doesn't matter what 'those in the pits' think about what happened on Thursday it matters that the medics were doing their jobs!

Re the arguement that the result should be called despite not running heat 10 as the result want in doubt.

The regulations don't allow it so it cannot/should not happen.

Look at the regulation re averages and the requirement for 4 home 4 away. There is provision to award a new average without this being met and it still is not so why would it be decided to make an award of a match result where there is no such provision in any circumstance.

Try Art 15.12 of the Speedway Regulations

• Like 1

No need with the threats... If it takes place in late October Glasgow will be a meeting short for the play off race... It doesn't matter what 'those in the pits' think about what happened on Thursday it matters that the medics were doing their jobs!

Don't see it as a threat more of a when it suits Glasgow to return.

Re : the play off spots i suppose if we decide that if we qualify in 4th spot without the need to reschedule quickly then i guess that is what we will do, the managements prerogative i guess.

It is a slight gamble if that is what we decide to do but i think the feeling by our management is that they were shafted, wether rightly or wrongly that is how they feel i think it is a gamble they will take.

Agree completely about the medics.

Not a threat just advice. Wouldn't want a match abandoned if Glasgow riders become ill prior to heat 10.

It's a bit petty is it not? People have said that Coty was being seen to before the medics was called back to the centre green so I don't really understand the problem? It was a massive crash not as if his injuries magically appeared he got flown over the fence and landed just about in the stand.

idiotic comment if i may say so with dozens of riders all over the world in wheelchairs or deceased and many many more with lifelong injuries

I'm sorry but I am reading this comment as the 7 Redcar riders are going to need paramedics because you guys arn't happy?

Don't understand these "veiled threats" of refusing to ride until October - who is gaining anything from that?

If this is the case, and I await to be convinced, then all it would achieve is to show Glasgow up to be small minded and very petty and they would gain no sympathy from anyone - other than any of their own supporters who are similarly small minded and petty and see it as a moral victory!

Glasgow are the team with everything to gain by riding, imo Redcar won't be a threat to them winning league, or qualifying for playoffs, so I ask again what is the point?

Ultimately if Redcar offer a number of dates (understand 15th June is first ) and Glasgow keep refusing MC will declare date for the match and both teams will have to put together best teams they can, if this means some Glasgow riders being absent, they will be losing money!

As I say, I am just baffled by the suggestion and realistically think it is some supporters mischief making, I think Glasgow promotion are far too professional to get involved in silly games like this!

Not playing silly games they will ride the meeting when a suitable date is found for both clubs , when that date will be is anybody's guess.

They are completely within there rights to refuse a date if it is not suitable.

Try Art 15.12 of the Speedway Regulations

Presume you are reffering to the last line and exceptional circumstances where the result is certain.

Id say thats a red herring as the result wasnt certain as there were still 6 heats remaining.

It may have been certain if only 10 were run but the first line clearly states meetings of 15 heats.

Again poorly put together regulation as the exceptional circumstance line follows the section covering 2 legged aggregate ties and could easily be read as only relating to that situation and not other competitions.

Not playing silly games they will ride the meeting when a suitable date is found for both clubs , when that date will be is anybody's guess.

They are completely within there rights to refuse a date if it is not suitable.

Agree and well within rights not to agree a date if it is not suitable, but some are suggesting all dates will be refused out of some spiteful reasoning - but as was stated above maybe some small minded individuals mischief making!

Don't understand these "veiled threats" of refusing to ride until October - who is gaining anything from that?

If this is the case, and I await to be convinced, then all it would achieve is to show Glasgow up to be small minded and very petty and they would gain no sympathy from anyone - other than any of their own supporters who are similarly small minded and petty and see it as a moral victory!

Glasgow are the team with everything to gain by riding, imo Redcar won't be a threat to them winning league, or qualifying for playoffs, so I ask again what is the point?

Ultimately if Redcar offer a number of dates (understand 15th June is first ) and Glasgow keep refusing MC will declare date for the match and both teams will have to put together best teams they can, if this means some Glasgow riders being absent, they will be losing money!

As I say, I am just baffled by the suggestion and realistically think it is some supporters mischief making, I think Glasgow promotion are far too professional to get involved in silly games like this!

Perish the thought!

You're referring to the best and most fair minded Promotion and Supporters in the Universe - allegedly :P:P

Perish the thought!

You're referring to the best and most fair minded Promotion and Supporters in the Universe - allegedly :P:P

Good to see you can recognise some things as they are.

But fan's of all clubs will stick up for there own club rightly or wrongly as it is what you do, and having your usual cheap shot at Glasgow won't change that.

Agree and well within rights not to agree a date if it is not suitable, but some are suggesting all dates will be refused out of some spiteful reasoning - but as was stated above maybe some small minded individuals mischief making!

To be fair I would rather they just get on with it don't know how you feel but is all getting tiresome now.

Both clubs just agree a date and get on with it not going to change anything not agreeing.

Edited by Gazc