Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gresham

Somerset V Belle Vue 2/6/17

Zach in for Dan Bewley weakens B.Vue i think somerset will be 10 up in the reserve department tonight possibly more

Zach in for Dan Bewley weakens B.Vue i think somerset will be 10 up in the reserve department tonight possibly more

Equalled up by Fricke, Cook and Bjerre against Grajczonek and a beaten up Lawson - should be a close one, can see Belle Vue edging it though if Worrall comes to the party too.

Equalled up by Fricke, Cook and Bjerre against Grajczonek and a beaten up Lawson - should be a close one, can see Belle Vue edging it though if Worrall comes to the party too.

Hope you are wrong Naj, it all depends on how well Lawson goes. Tough gig tho even with Pat.

Hope you are wrong Naj, it all depends on how well Lawson goes. Tough gig tho even with Pat.

Wrighty carrying a knock as well isn't he.

Edited by Cliffeboy

Our problem is going to be the difference in the scores of the reserves. I think our 1-5 will score more than their opposite numbers but overall could be a close match.

Edited by Aces51

as i thought absolutely battered at reserve Smithy is not good enough at this level chuck in a awful display from sedgey and they done well to keep it so tight

Edited by redandyellow

We'll have that 50 - 40

• Like 2

Our problem is going to be the difference in the scores of the reserves. I think our 1-5 will score more than their opposite numbers but overall could be a close match.

Congratulations to Somerset. It looks as if I was right, their reserves outscored ours 18-3 although I was wrong about it being close overall. I thought the difference in the reserve scores might have been about 10, not 15.

Edited by Aces51

What a pleasant surprise to get a full speedway meeting on tonight. 20 minutes up the road from the track we had 3 hours of constant drizzle before 7 o'clock - and was great to see racing continue beyond heat 10 too! Very enjoyable meeting too even with the constant rain during the match, just goes to show it can be done in rain.... well, everybody can except Craig Cook!

God knows what the referee was playing at. Made some right howlers throughout. It amazes me how a referee at the highest level can't tell whose who out on track. Made the error of mistaking Heeps for Kerr in heat 8, not once but about 5 times after checking with the pits too. What was more ridiculous was that the referee thought it was Kerr on track, then the riders would of been off the wrong gate and wrong helmet colours... yet he let it go! It seems that one got sorted in the end as the scores read out at the end were then correct - but he missed that Smith replaced Wajchtnecht later in the meeting and scored a point too. Things like this shouldn't happen as it effects averages and all sorts but hey ho.

For the Rebels, this has to be the best that Jake Allen has ever ridden our place. He revelled in tricky track conditions much like Charles Wright who was also superb. Big shout out to Richard Lawson too, another solid outing and already proving to be a big hit at the Oak Tree. Josh had a big off night but more than covered by the rest of the team.

For the Aces Bjerre and Worrall impressed.... Sedgmen and Cook really didn't. Is Sedgmen always this bad? He should be hanging his head in shame. He might not like the rain but a shocking showing. Once the rain came down Cook wasn't interested once he missed the gate. Hopefully got fined for his antics when well beat by Lawson and Wright and he practically parked up on the outside of turn 4, just moving out of the way before Lawson came round to lap him. The reserves were never really in it either, but more experienced riders like Sedgmen and Cook let the Aces down - especially Cook who normally flies here.

Sidecars next week hmmmm.... think I'll give that one a miss!

• Like 2

A good win tonight. I'm with you Najjer heat 8 was a complete joke, even the crowd were shouting to the ref but Rod insisted it was Heaps not Kerr. Counted five of them in the box and not one realised.

Jake and Charles stood out for me on what was a tricky track at times. Cook lost interest and threw his toys out the pram, hope Debbie makes him pay to put the phone back on the wall.

• Like 2

[quote name="Najjer" post="2968525"

Hopefully got fined for his antics when well beat by Lawson and Wright and he practically parked up on the outside of turn 4, just moving out of the way before Lawson came round to lap him.

Well done Rebels, great to see Jake and Wrighty flying, two home wins, and Beating BV home and away. Well done to Debbiie, Gaz and all the Somerset team for getting through the meeting in the tough conditions

• Like 1

[quote name="Najjer" post="2968525"

Hopefully got fined for his antics when well beat by Lawson and Wright and he practically parked up on the outside of turn 4, just moving out of the way before Lawson came round to lap him.

Don't know about getting fined Cook should have been thrown out of the meeting it was down right dangerous

Don't know about getting fined Cook should have been thrown out of the meeting it was down right dangerous

Reminded me of an instance a good few years back against Stoke. Glenn Cunningham had fallen on bend 4 and no red lights came on and he was left stranded on the track and got taken out by Ben Barker when they came back around again. Difference was Cunningham was stranded after falling, Cook was just being an absolute tool.

Having spoken to the referee in a match last season when a rider was replaced but the referee gave the original rider the credit (a minor place) he said that he realised his mistake but as he had announced the result he couldn't change it. ???