British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Josh Auty And The Not 28 Day Ban

He has been banned. But SCB made a mistake in the first post of this thread. A ban is for 14 days, not 28. It has been since at least 2005. It hasn't suddenly been invented.

All the best

Rob

It most certainly was NOT only 14 days in 2005, ask Kylmakorpi when he quit Peterborough when he wasn't getting paid that year. Or Zagar at Reading in 2096. Or Hans in 2009 (Also Peterborough). Or Matej Kus when he raced in the Czech Rep in 2011. Or Thomas Johnasson at Swindon in 2010. Or Jurica Pavlic at Swindon in 2009. Or Lebdevs at Lynn in 2013. KK at Brum in 2011. David Howe at Scunthorpe in 2012. Hampel at Ipswich in 2008.

Coventry were told in 2014 if MJJ didn't ride at BV, he'd get a 28 day ban.

I can keep going if you like?

It's madness to suggest that next week Auty could sign for Newcastle and ride do them while Scunthorpe in the same meeting have a facility for..... Scunthorpe! He'd be declared in two teams at once, yeah right! It's Scunthorpe pulling a fast one.

Wearing your asbestos underpants AGAIN Rob? :rolleyes::P

On David Howe's FB, he's also announced his retirement:

"Unfortunately due to a family BBQ I cannot race next sat and will retire , I hope to be racing the next day at Peterborough"

28 day ban for witholding his sausages...?😁 Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

He has been banned. But SCB made a mistake in the first post of this thread. A ban is for 14 days, not 28. It has been since at least 2005. It hasn't suddenly been invented.

All the best

Rob

And of course it's the BSPA Management Committee who invoke the ban, why on earth would they deviate from all the precedents set in the past to establish a new one for the future. Grossly unfair on all previously suspended riders particularly those who have withheld because they hadn't been paid for weeks and months. (Josh is not in this category before anyone jumps to conclusions).

It most certainly was NOT only 14 days in 2005, ask Kylmakorpi when he quit Peterborough when he wasn't getting paid that year. Or Zagar at Reading in 2096. Or Hans in 2009 (Also Peterborough). Or Matej Kus when he raced in the Czech Rep in 2011. Or Thomas Johnasson at Swindon in 2010. Or Jurica Pavlic at Swindon in 2009. Or Lebdevs at Lynn in 2013. KK at Brum in 2011. David Howe at Scunthorpe in 2012. Hampel at Ipswich in 2008.

Coventry were told in 2014 if MJJ didn't ride at BV, he'd get a 28 day ban.

I can keep going if you like?

It's madness to suggest that next week Auty could sign for Newcastle and ride do them while Scunthorpe in the same meeting have a facility for..... Scunthorpe! He'd be declared in two teams at once, yeah right! It's Scunthorpe pulling a fast one.

You're confusing a rider wanting to join another club, and a rider returning to the same club. When a rider returns to the same club, it's 14 days. This hasn't been just invented. Take a look back what happened with Henka at Oxford in 2005.

Admit it, you got it wrong, and confused two different situations.

All the best

Rob

All the best

Rob

Yes of course it is, Godfrey is on the MC who make the decision, totally above board as always.

• Like 1

You're confusing a rider wanting to join another club, and a rider returning to the same club. When a rider returns to the same club, it's 14 days. This hasn't been just invented. Take a look back what happened with Henka at Oxford in 2005.

All the best

Rob

Except 4 of those in my list returns to their club and two only didn't as 28 days meant their season was over.

You get a 28 day facility as the riders is banned for 28 days. It's the way it has always worked. Until now obviously.

It's the way it has always worked.

But it's not the way it's always worked, is it?

How many days was Henka Gustafsson banned for in 2005? Simply answer me that question.

It will give you a clue how long a 14-day-ban has been in place.

All the best

Rob

But it's not the way it's always worked, is it?

How many days was Henka Gustafsson banned for in 2005? Simply answer me that question.

It will give you a clue how long a 14-day-ban has been in place.

All the best

Rob

You keep quoting Henka but can you quote any other instance?

SCB hasn't just quoted a single instance unlike yourself. I await your reply :D

All the best :P

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 2

And of course the scb rule book seems totally silent on the matter. Unless anyone can spot something I've missed?

As SCB said earlier

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.4290

Pavlic was banned for 28 days then he RETURNED to Swindon's line up in 2009 so the rule obviously hasn't been in since 2005.

Reading that, Pavlic only agreed to return after the 28-day-facility had expired. Had he wished to, he could have returned within 14 days, which would have been the actual length of his ban.

You keep quoting Henka but can you quote any other instance?

SCB hasn't just quoted a single instance unlike yourself. I await your reply :D

All the best :P

Star Lady, well I’d never leave you waiting for a reply ;)

It’s because it’s the comparable example where a rider hasn’t switched clubs, but has actually remained with his original club, and where the original club wants him back and where the rider wants to come back. Which isn’t your typical example. Of course, it happens less often, so people are more used to seeing the 28-day-ban.

But both 28 and 14 days have been about in the same years. Let’s take 2005. Klymakorpi moves from Peterborough to Coventry, Peterborough are given a 28-day-facility in order to replace him, and therefore he can’t appear for Bees until that facility is expired. And yet what the Henka Gustafsson example from later that year demonstrates is that had Klymakorpi wanted to return to Peterborough rather than move elsewhere, then he could have do so within 14 days.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

Im guessing most if not all these riders MISSED meetings. ie, decided to ride for another team abroad, went grasstracking instead, missed a flight home, where as josh decided to stop riding altogether,,,

im also guessing 28 day bans are for the first type and 14 days for joshs case?

regardless of 14/28 days, it should come down to matches missed, ban should be for 4 completed matches, or 8 completed matches (ie 2 per 7 day period)

Assuming 14 days is the ban length you have a ludicrous situation of a rider realising he has 1 meeting in the next 14 days at a track which he hates, so he "retires" team get facility to replace him he does U-turn and reappears after his bogey track is out of the way.

Now - which team might pull a trick like that ;)

• Like 2

So what happened to his retirement from speedway, did he try a real job and find it too hard to do!

He didn't really retire, he just didn't fancy Newcastle away 😉
  • Like 1