British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Josh Auty And The Not 28 Day Ban

David Howe has Tweeted that he got a 28-day ban when his daughter was in intensive care (and missed meetings, I presume and, quite rightly in my opinion). Is it "one rule for one, one rule for another"?

Or no rules for anybody, just a case of please yourself.

• Like 1

Reading that, Pavlic only agreed to return after the 28-day-facility had expired. Had he wished to, he could have returned within 14 days, which would have been the actual length of his ban.

But both 28 and 14 days have been about in the same years. Let’s take 2005. Klymakorpi moves from Peterborough to Coventry, Peterborough are given a 28-day-facility in order to replace him, and therefore he can’t appear for Bees until that facility is expired. And yet what the Henka Gustafsson example from later that year demonstrates is that had Klymakorpi wanted to return to Peterborough rather than move elsewhere, then he could have do so within 14 days.

All the best

Rob

The actual BSPA Press Release of 21/7/2009 stated:-

SWINDON have reached agreement with Croatian youngster Jurica Pavlic to return to the Robins this week following a 28-day ban.

Pavlic's future was in serious doubt after he withheld his services last month, but he will now resume his position on Thursday.

Robins skipper Leigh Adams said: "I explained to him what it would mean to all at Swindon Speedway to win the Elite League title. We've come so far."

As no mention as to when Pavlic agreed to return is stated, you are making an unsupported supposition.

As you are adamant that that a rider withholding his services will only be subject to a 14 day ban if he decides to return to the same club, can you please provide details of the current documentation source in the public domain that confirms your assertion.

Look forward to your reply

• Like 1

So.... if someone looked back to your 2008 posts on here, would they find you morally outraged about Hans Andersen being able to join Coventry after a 14-day-ban rather than a 28-day-ban, or would they find you saying "Welcome to Brandon, Hans!!" :D:D

All the best

Rob

A rider walking out of his club because he's retired (or sulking) is not the same as a rider leaving because he wasn't paid. I'd not ban any rider who has not been.

A rider walking out of his club because he's retired (or sulking) is not the same as a rider leaving because he wasn't paid. I'd not ban any rider who has not been.

Ah, so you put your moral outrage to one side when the rider was being allowed to join your club. I thought that might be the case. :P

All the best

Rob

(Cyclone, I can't be bothered. You're too boring and repetitive). ;)

• Like 1

I usually lose the will to live after about page 2/3 of most threads as it always degenerates into personal attacks from the same old keyboard warriors, but as I follow Scunny I have stuck with this one. How can such a simple sport on paper turn into such a confusing mess that matches Formula 1 for complex rules is beyond me. I know 99.9% of people, Lewy is the exception as I know he secretly loves all things Scunny, couldn't care whether I go again or not, but rather than being a regular I think I will be quite selective in the future.

Act in haste repent in leisure. Haven’t we all done or said things in the heat of the moment that on reflection we have regretted. And I’m sure this is the case with Josh. For the last few weeks before his “retirement” It was clear that there was something wrong with Josh and his head wasn’t in the right place and as we all know that confidence breeds success, in the same way lack of confidence brings bad form. While we can only guess what was going on in Josh’s head hopefully he as got it out of his system now.

As for the ban that is down to the board of control. Josh as also lost his place in the British final and maybe the board feel that along with a 14 day ban is enough. I’m guessing the board are more informed about things than we are

It doesn't matter how 'informed' anyone is..........rules are rules.

• Like 1

Ah, so you put your moral outrage to one side when the rider was being allowed to join your club. I thought that might be the case. :P

All the best

Rob

(Cyclone, I can't be bothered. You're too boring and repetitive). ;)

Running true to form eh Rob, when challenged to provides facts to support your propaganda, you repeatedly duck out :shock:

• Like 2

But you must agree that he should serve his ban of 28 days.

I agree spin king

look at me, look at me i sponsor a rider saddo... good job they acknowledge you or you'd spit the dummy out... allegedly 😂😂

Godfrey/moorwell has pulled more stunts than an Eddie Kidd appreciation convention!!

Did I say I sponsor Josh,,,,,, no.....

Back to sleep Arson wipe

• Like 2

I'm not saying Rob Godfrey isn't above pulling a few strokes but he's still along way behind Ian Thomas. Rob didn't bring Josh onto the centre green and introduce him as "Dave East"

Edited by hulvik

Sadly Mr Godfrey has allowed sentiment to cloud his judgement in this case,Its clear Josh Auty has not been enjoying his speedway for weeks now , only he knows the real reason why.Not the best gater to sit on a speedway bike his sweeping moves to pass oposition riders have been a delight to watch,however watching him being overtaken like a novice has been painfull to say the least.If Josh Auty has had a change of heart and wants to continue racying speedway thats fine, a change of track would do him a lot of good,Rob Godfrey has passed up a chance to strengthen the Scunthorpe team and try to salvage something from the season .

• Like 1

What a total joke this sport is now

Never been anything else but in the early years and just after World war 2 there was a vast pool of cash in it. Now it's not even dried up puddles but mere dribbles. Not worth anything in the UK now. Sad state of affairs and this will drive other longstanding fans to walk away.

Dimitri Berge was lined up to replace him, until he done a U turn

couldn't agree terms. wanted too much.

A rider, any rider, that is not in a team at the moment & has a high average & not a 2017 average, needs to look closely to what they want as the last transfer date will soon be upon us

• Like 1

couldn't agree terms. wanted too much.

The 2 parts quoted here are not always the situation.

It could be - couldnt agree terms. wanted to pay too little