British Speedway Forum

But he got excluded. It's a bit like two yellow cards equalling a red in football.

Hancock easing his way back in thought he had lost his edge but was well on the pace tonight ,not popular with most of you I know just amazing to me at 47yrs old on Doyle's back wheel in final and making passes .

Hancock easing his way back in thought he had lost his edge but was well on the pace tonight ,not popular with most of you I know just amazing to me at 47yrs old on Doyle's back wheel in final and making passes .

ENGINES from a new (not PJR) tuner for Hancock tonight.

Am I alone in thinking Tai tends to back out/hold back and relies on the cut back far too much, he seems a far cry from the Tai that won 2 world titles only a few years ago.

Overall a good meeting, just "too slow" in getting going. Pity they do not have 4 heats before the main GP (non GP riders of course, just to settle the track in.

Doyle did well to turn it around after just qualifying for the semis.

Hancock deserved his 18 points. Perhaps after what PhilRising just said maybe Tai needs to switch tuners (or perhaps he did - oops).

Biggest disappointment tonight - well two actually - Fast Freddie (perhaps still not fully fit) and Emil, who was a shadow of what he can do - bike just not fast enough and missing most starts.

ENGINES from a new (not PJR) tuner for Hancock tonight.

From what I hear he wouldn`t have needed to go too far to collect them - certainly wouldn`t have needed his passport. ;)

Overall a good meeting, just "too slow" in getting going. Pity they do not have 4 heats before the main GP (non GP riders of course, just to settle the track in.

Doyle did well to turn it around after just qualifying for the semis.

Hancock deserved his 18 points. Perhaps after what PhilRising just said maybe Tai needs to switch tuners (or perhaps he did - oops).

Biggest disappointment tonight - well two actually - Fast Freddie (perhaps still not fully fit) and Emil, who was a shadow of what he can do - bike just not fast enough and missing most starts.

TAI was on PJR engines but he blew his chances when he broke the tapes after a sensational win. Doesn't seem 100 per cent with it.

Emil not the rider he was. Now married with two-year-old son and with a number of nasty injuries still on his mind. Unlikely to mix it like he used to.

TAI was on PJR engines but he blew his chances when he broke the tapes after a sensational win. Doesn't seem 100 per cent with it.

Tai always seems to be the same when he misses the start. Goes wide and tries to cut back, almost as if he's not willing to ride going around anyone. Very Hancock-esq but the difference is Hancock often find himself in a good position down the back straight.

When Woffy is on it he looks like the best rider in the World by half the time he just looks content to just do "well" rather than perform his best.

Look at the difference in attitude between Doyle & Woffiden. Woffinden says he's "happy to make semis", back out of tight first bends and perform cut backs galore as he doesn't want to get involved in the first corner. You can only do that for so long before you get found out. Woffinden out the gate last season and the start of this has been dreadful & the dopey tape touch summed him up tonight.

Doyle on the other hand is willing to put his body on the line & is only bothered about winning.

Doyle is the benchmark at the moment & Woffinden is nowhere near him.

I personally feel the stick Woffiden has got off many British fans has had an affect on him. He's made too many bad decisions in the last two years and has come across as an arrogant cock.

• Like 3

Woffy definitely in danger of becoming an 'also ran' such is the level now of the GP..

When up against three of the top eight in the same race you no longer see him as anywhere near favourite (especially if on the outside gates) and this year he is running lasts too many times against this level of opposition...

Seems to find himself "unluckily" in the wrong place at the wrong time too far more than he ever did, which is usually a sign of a rider struggling to match up to his rivals...

The tape exclusion from the inside grid last night is probably an example of the pressure he feels to get out in front. There is no margin for error this year given the talent on view...

Should finish top eight but for him that won't be good...

Am I alone in thinking Tai tends to back out/hold back and relies on the cut back far too much, he seems a far cry from the Tai that won 2 world titles only a few years ago.

I think the issue is the cut back is not working. Riders know to hold tight on the inside, woffy gets blocked and often then in a bad position allowing others to go round the outside of him. That said, what cost him was the tape exclusion off red and in his easiest heat - a won there would have got him the inside grid for the semi so I would say that exclusion cost him around 7 points.

Have to say for the first time this season he isn't my pick now for champion, Doyle certainly looked like one last night.

I didn't see every heat but from what I saw it looked mainly a gating competition.

You must have missed a lot of the heats, I thought it was a cracking gp. Certainly one of pragues best.

Emil not the rider he was. Now married with two-year-old son and with a number of nasty injuries still on his mind. Unlikely to mix it like he used to.

Dunno how you can say that about Emil after his ride in the semis in Latvia!!

Dunno how you can say that about Emil after his ride in the semis in Latvia!!

Maybe he could do with the same engines as Hancock.He does look very slow.