British Speedway Forum

Pawlicki makes a perfect start gets a warning , Doyle goes through tapes but gets no warning ,think this rule needs dropping

Doyle is the new Tomasz Gollob , who will step forward and be the new Craig Boyce ,personally I can't wait to see it

Overall a good meeting, just "too slow" in getting going. Pity they do not have 4 heats before the main GP (non GP riders of course, just to settle the track in.

Doyle did well to turn it around after just qualifying for the semis.

Hancock deserved his 18 points. Perhaps after what PhilRising just said maybe Tai needs to switch tuners (or perhaps he did - oops).

Biggest disappointment tonight - well two actually - Fast Freddie (perhaps still not fully fit) and Emil, who was a shadow of what he can do - bike just not fast enough and missing most starts.

Emil just let anybody push him anywhere seemed as if he was scared to race .

People say Tai isn't what he was.

I'm ​not sure that's right, he's doing the exact same things as the last 3 years.

I'd say what's different is the new breed having bigger elbows, harder swinging rear wheels and rear wheel chasers.

So far this series I've realised just how soft the series had been over the last 2-3 years.

Now we have Lindgren, Doyle, Zmarzlik, Dudek, Vaculik, Pawlicki all in the top 8 willing to throw machines at each other.

If you're not prepared for an on track fight you'll fall short and for me, Tai is sort of that fighting spirit.

• Like 3

Pawlicki makes a perfect start gets a warning , Doyle goes through tapes but gets no warning ,think this rule needs dropping

Agree a joke of a rule why are refs so interested in catching riders out get the tapes up for god sake again it spoiled the meeting as a spectacle and certainly cost Pawlicki a semi final spot.

Very entertaining GP once it got going. Never thought I would ever say that about a meeting at The Marketa.

Prague never misses as a City break, but this time the racing matched the rest of the weekend. Hopefully Prague will get a new contract that will see it add to their 21 years of SGP.

Emil just let anybody push him anywhere seemed as if he was scared to race .

I agree completely, I noticed he was backing out of situations that he would usually keep pushing. Someone mentioned Latvia GP earlier, and yes I too saw Emil really battling, going for gaps on the straights that was making me cringe. In Prague there was no "fire", even his starts were lacking, whereas he would normally be into the corner first.

Doyle is the new Tomasz Gollob , who will step forward and be the new Craig Boyce ,personally I can't wait to see it

dont think that will happen as Jason Doyle is more likely to do a Craig Boyce on other riders as he is not frightened of having a tear up and he has had a few !!

Edited by lynnboy

FLEMING Gravesen supplies engines for Jason Doyle. Incidentally, he used three different bikes last night.

Holder went all out for trying to get out of the start, and did so after this first two, but still lacked top end speed.

Prague never misses as a City break, but this time the racing matched the rest of the weekend. Hopefully Prague will get a new contract that will see it add to their 21 years of SGP.

ONE more year at least. Pavel Ondrasik and Tomas Topinka are during a great job at the Marketa. Gradually they have been introducing a new racing surface and are reaping the benefits.

Regarding the starts. Surely if Kildemand was adjudged to have jumped the start then the race was stopped at that point. So how was Doyle also punished for touching the tapes? And if Doyle was done for touching the tapes then there was nothing wrong with Kildemands start?!

And what about Magic and Hancock rolling and jumping all night?! Hancock jumped both runnings of the final.

Regarding the starts. Surely if Kildemand was adjudged to have jumped the start then the race was stopped at that point. So how was Doyle also punished for touching the tapes? And if Doyle was done for touching the tapes then there was nothing wrong with Kildemands start?!

And what about Magic and Hancock rolling and jumping all night?! Hancock jumped both runnings of the final.

must have missed that !!

Am I alone in thinking Tai tends to back out/hold back and relies on the cut back far too much, he seems a far cry from the Tai that won 2 world titles only a few years ago.

I agree Tai has not been willing to mix it on 1st bend was the same last season.

Agree with this. Questions that need answering by the ref.

I agree Tai has not been willing to mix it on 1st bend was the same last season.

He is riding with his brain and for longevity by avoiding a tangle.. Maybe Hancock has had a word.

ME too and I was sitting in the booth next the referee

Rewatch heat 1 as both are in it. They both let the bike roll but they moved their body back, watch their bikes and not them. And they both did it all night.

Heat 5 he rolls back before eeking forward both times.

Edited by SCB

dont think that will happen as Jason Doyle is more likely to do a Craig Boyce on other riders as he is not frightened of having a tear up and he has had a few !!

mardyarsed whining Aussies don't scare the Poles . sure somebody will .if not a rider .a mechanic ,or team manager definitely will