British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham V Eastbourne

Expect both Brennan and Saul have exams, I see Jenkins had the same problem. You have to expect that with young riders still at school. Baseby is the only surprise and it is probably a work thing. Nothing we could have done about it particularly with Georgies injury.

The team looks competitive on paper but so often riders do not perform to their usual standards as guests. Even JPB only managed 5 from 5 rides when gusting for the eagles.

On paper the eagles heat leaders look more than a match and the reserves should also profit but second string is a problem as only I heat leader and Bates can take an extra ride. It looks like 5 rides for Bates and 7 for Powell with 3 for Hampshire. If the guests show their true form the eagles will have a good chance of winning this otherwise it will be a question of trying to get the away point.

Either way I think it will be a meeting worth seeing, just a pity it is too far away for me nowadays. .

Saul having exams? Fair enough if that's the reason that Brennan is missing but can't Eastbourne just say where the trio are.

Saul having exams? Fair enough if that's the reason that Brennan is missing but can't Eastbourne just say where the trio are.

they probably will when they Make their press release.

I think we have a better chance of winning there now Williamson did well for us there last season and Perry is also well known around those parts. Hope hampshire is on trial for a full time place.

Saul had problems getting time off work riding for the island last year, probably the same goes for baseby.

If we have to have a guest for Blackburn, then I guarantee we will have someone on the cheap and not based on ability???

Is an apology due - to both the promotion & rider???

they probably will when they Make their press release.

I think we have a better chance of winning there now Williamson did well for us there last season and Perry is also well known around those parts. Hope hampshire is on trial for a full time place.

Yeah they may will do. I was maybe jumping the gun a bit.

Hampshire is an interesting one as KL said he'd quit the sport but now he's taken 3 guest bookings in a week.

Weather not looking too clever. Rain forecast from 5pm tomorrow according to both BBC and Met office sites.

Guest GiveusaB

Is an apology due - to both the promotion & rider???

Really ? why's that ?

I just got it wrong :t:

Having said that.....it will be a rain off....so no costs involved :t:

Guest GiveusaB

Thinking about it?

Its a good move by both promoters bringing Cradley riders in, apart from their obvious talent/track knowledge?

Birmingham might just benefit from a few extra feet through the turnstiles? (I'm sure Cradley fans would love to see 'us' get beat !) :lol:

Isn't it astonishing that the BSPA now allow riders to opt out of riding in away matches as and when they please on the excuse of "work commitments" yet when a 16 year old lad is honest enough to admit that stepping up a league has been a bit too much too soon for him, he faces the prospect of a 28 day ban?

Where is the common sense of it?

• Like 3

I always find it surreal when a speedway rider books a holiday during the speedway season.

I know some have limited choice & some have to try & keep their better halves happy during the season but it always seems an odd choice to me. If there was a fixture backlog its quite conceivable that a rider could miss 4 meetings with a weeks holiday during the season.

• Like 1

Fast losing interest in this sport in the UK suppose I'll my Mrs and me will be lost to speedway here especially if no buyer for Birmingham is found and tbh who wants to invest in such an amateurish sport!

• Like 1

I always find it surreal when a speedway rider books a holiday during the speedway season.

It's a hobby for them. Sometimes it pays but often, like most hobbies, it ends up costing you loads.

It would help if the NL got its fixture list out much earlier.

Riders and everyone else could make plans. This year, I booked holidays and got lucky as there were no matches at Arlington when I was away.