British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Halifaxtiger

Isle Of Wight Customer Care

Great work from the Island promotion. Other clubs could learn so much from their standards. These guys work tirelessly to ensure satisfaction. Keep it up warriors

You really do set the bar. Hope your team can replicate the effort. Good luck for rest of season to Island riders especially newbies Conner & Kelsy

• Like 1

The new promotion at Plymouth of Laurence Rogers and Mark Phillips have been very open,frank and honest with people on the Plymouth Speedway Forum and seem very genuine in their responses and willing to help where possible. Quite refreshing in today's world.

• Like 1

I keep reading about how great the IOW promoters are, so they must be just that..Does anyone know how many people attend the meetings

they promote ?

I keep reading about how great the IOW promoters are, so they must be just that..Does anyone know how many people attend the meetings

they promote ?

That's the killer question.

The question was about the IoW. 325 is not a paying crowd, if you can call it a crowd.

Plymouth only had 325 spectators last week

Not bad considering the forecast.

The question was about the IoW. 325 is not a paying crowd, if you can call it a crowd.

325 came out considering the forecast ? I'd say that is pretty good

Hi,

You make a very valid point about crowd size - without it of course we have no speedway.

Martin and I monitor everything we do, and this of course includes the crowd size. Most importantly for us is the comparison with the previous seasons number and that they are on the increase. I am proud to say so far we can confirm this as being true for 2017 but it is early days. We are, at them moment, very reliant upon the tourist season and sponsorship but this cannot detract from us having the need for well attended speedway meetings outside of the holiday season - otherwise it would make more sense to just run open meetings during the holidays. With the fantastic sponsorship that we received this year our target is not only to break even but to use this sponsorship to further grow our crowd sizes. We have invested in a lot more marketing across the island so we will monitor this carefully.

We are both realists and in order to survive we must break even, Martin and I are not millionaires, we are hardworking normal people who had the chance to live the dream and be speedway promoters and we love it. We do our best because this reflects on our fans, sponsors and the speedway community. We make so many sacrifices to run the club, you cannot imagine, but we hope that these are recognised and that people continue to embrace the Warrior Way, continue to want to see the Warriors and our sponsors to continue to believe in the way the we run speedway and the show the we put on for our fans.

Lets hope this continues... :)

Thanks for your feedback and do come and see us.

Barry

Edited by barrybishop
  • Like 8

Most of us can only guess at attendance figures unless we actually count the people ( which I have done a couple of times). It is a fact that

some tracks do not get the numbers they deserve and I suspect that IOW is one of them..I hope I'm wrong but Barry's comments seem to bear that out.

I hope the holiday season brings them a big swelling in their numbers.

• Like 2

Most of us can only guess at attendance figures unless we actually count the people ( which I have done a couple of times). It is a fact that

some tracks do not get the numbers they deserve and I suspect that IOW is one of them..I hope I'm wrong but Barry's comments seem to bear that out.

I hope the holiday season brings them a big swelling in their numbers.

Every club would like more fans..... we built from a fan base of around 80 - 100 so the fact that we now have 50 season ticket holders, and around 150 - 200 additional fans is the right start. Every week we analyse and inspect our results. But let us be clear, we have to break even and must continue to grow in order for Martin and I to continue doing it. The league this year hasn't been too kind to us and we hope for an upturn in credibility, teamwork and unity for our league.

Thanks again for the feedback

See you trackside.

Barry, you performed a minor miracle in bringing speedway back to the island. I thought it was gone forever at the end of 2013.

Every club would like more fans..... we built from a fan base of around 80 - 100 so the fact that we now have 50 season ticket holders, and around 150 - 200 additional fans is the right start. Every week we analyse and inspect our results. But let us be clear, we have to break even and must continue to grow in order for Martin and I to continue doing it. The league this year hasn't been too kind to us and we hope for an upturn in credibility, teamwork and unity for our league.

Thanks again for the feedback

See you trackside.

Hopefully you will get some bumper crowds during the holiday season to help make sure the books balance.