Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

i was just wondering what other fans think of glasgow being awarded 4 points for their win at redcar the other week , even though heat 10 was not reached ! awarded after heat 9 .they make a rule that after heat 10 the result can stand and not before .

then they come up with a sub section that it can be awarded in certain circumstances . its speedway , anything can happen .

what next ? maybe if a home team gets to 57 ish points in a 2 legged cup match or something . they could turn around and say, the away team has no chance of beating in the return leg and award the agg win to the team that scored 57 ish points in the first leg ?

SPEEDWAY IS FAST BECOMING A JOKE SPORT AND FANS ARE TURNING THEIR BACKS ON IT AND TAKING THEIR KIDS TO MCDONALDS IN STEAD .

yea the rule are pure p1$$. redcar on another day could have quite easily turned the meeting around .....

Edited by jenga
  • Like 6

People pay for 15 heats and thats what they should get. Unless a result is guarenteed then no meeting result should be awarded before heat 15. Heat 12 was just about acceptable but heat 10 (and now 9) is a joke.

Give it enough time and they'll be running speedway as 10 two lap heats and charging us £20 for it.

People pay for 15 heats and thats what they should get. Unless a result is guarenteed then no meeting result should be awarded before heat 15. Heat 12 was just about acceptable but heat 10 (and now 9) is a joke.

Give it enough time and they'll be running speedway as 10 two lap heats and charging us £20 for it.

and then it will be game over for many fans and speedway itself .

what i failed to add in the initial post was that its only the start of june and i am sure there would have been many spare dates to arrange another fixture ..

Edited by jenga

having been to Coventry for the fiasco against poole I now read this....It's a shocking abuse of the paying public. (I don't care what the 'rules' are..this is not on!)

i was just wondering what other fans think of glasgow being awarded 4 points for their win at redcar the other week , even though heat 10 was not reached ! awarded after heat 9 .they make a rule that after heat 10 the result can stand and not before .

then they come up with a sub section that it can be awarded in certain circumstances . its speedway , anything can happen .

what next ? maybe if a home team gets to 57 ish points in a 2 legged cup match or something . they could turn around and say, the away team has no chance of beating in the return leg and award the agg win to the team that scored 57 ish points in the first leg ?

SPEEDWAY IS FAST BECOMING A JOKE SPORT AND FANS ARE TURNING THEIR BACKS ON IT AND TAKING THEIR KIDS TO MCDONALDS IN STEAD .

yea the rule are pure p1$$. redcar on another day could have quite easily turned the meeting around .....

They recently awarded a match in Denmark (the one that Niki Pedersen got injured) and that was after heat 7!

Can see why they have done this but on the flip side i am surprised that they have reached this decision, but not just this one but some of there decision making in general is a joke.

Biggest one being British riders sitting on the sidelines waiting on a team place in a British league whilst Overseas riders are sitting pretty either in one or both leagues.

There reputation is at an all time low amongst the lifeblood of the sport the fans, i think most fans now look upon the BSPA as a joke figurehead not to be taken seriously.

• Like 1

GLASGOW have launched an ambitious new ticket initiative aimed at getting new fans into speedway…offering 151 heats of spectacular racing.

1 Disclaimer: actual number of heats may vary and is subject to SCB interpretation on a daily basis. :rofl:

Edited by Bear_Bottom
  • Like 3

Everyone`s happy- Redcar and Glasgow save paying out( not a small sum ) on 6 races not run. the only people not are the punters and the riders !!!!!!

What`s going to happen now they have invoked this clause when a match is called off after 6 races with either team winning 28-6. Are they going to use this clause again ?? they obviously could !!!!!!

There is nothing new in this sport - it's like what happened a few years ago when Poole made a team change which took them over the points limit but were given what was, as I recall, described as "special dispensation" because they weren't that far over the limit

They had already reached ht 10 and it would have been on the 3rd rerun

Edited by mac101
  • Like 2

They had already reached ht 10 and it would have been on the 3rd rerun

10heats were not completed.

Customers have a right to a full fifteen heats (minimum) of racing. Had this match been re-run they would hopefully have got that.

Sadly today the result is more important than a night of value-for-money racing and that is one major way in which it has screwed itself up.

If it's only about winning then you can only have a handful of tracks with satisfied customers. The emphasis is wrong, which is partially cultural and a spin-off from football where appreciation of a good match is apparently impossible unless you win.

We once had 26-30+ meeting seasons at most tracks. Then along came 'meaningful'. What is 'meaningful' about dragging waterlogged 'matches' to heat 10 just to get a result? What is more important, having a charged re-staging of the match or giving four points?

Note I used the term customers. Speedway has forgotten that they take money from customers, not supporters and certainly not 'punters'.

• Like 3

It is hard to say this but common sense has prevailed as common sense in speedway does not come hand in hand. I know rules are rules( and they are often twisted to suit) but Redcar could not have reduced the gap in heat 10 as they had no riders. Both Glasgow riders could have "raced" & had engine failures but the gap would still have been 8 points.

The only good thing that should come out of this decision (an SCB ruling not BSPA ruling :wink: ) is that the paying public should still be entitled to a refund as they have not seen a full meeting.

• Like 2

Here's an idea - why bother holding any meetings at all?

Just ring Mr Vatcher and he can decide the result as he pleases

• Like 1

Here's an idea - why bother holding any meetings at all?

Just ring Mr Vatcher and he can decide the result as he pleases

What a stupid idea.

• Like 1