British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Torun Gp Saturday 7th October 2017

Good GP, Doyle looked nervous and because of that didnt seem to be as fluid on the bike as he normally is, Dudek was superb and pulling it back to 14 points gives him a chance, albeit an outside one. If the pressure gets to Doyle in Australia and he concedes points to Dudek in the early heats it could become very interesting, i hope he pulls it off. As for Emil i also agree he wont become world champion, he dosent have the consistency, i think missing three seasons at GP level has cost him, ive also thought about those missing years, could there have been an off track influence behind the scenes responsible for that? Sponsors money men etc that preferred him to be more visible in his homeland where the EC was being raced? I always had the feeling he was being manipulated rather than missing the GP years of his own accord, as for Lindback when hes on it brilliant when hes not dire, either one or the other, it seems the latter is more commonplace these days.

Well in all The Torun GPs Ive been to I have never felt so ripped off and angry as I do now ,despite the SGP site advertising seats available there were non apart from VIP tickets so I thought why not so paid around £220 for two VIP seats (£150 more than standard tickets ) ,got to stadium to find out they are only VIP seats and you dont get the parking , goodie bag and food and drink , for that you has to pay another £60 each, so basically just paid for better seat, got into our seats only to find they are restricted view and by that I mean couldnt see the forth bend at all , we moved into some other seats but had our view obscewerd by the tv camera man and to rub it really in you could see seats available on back straight and bends , I am fuming

Its an "Ouch" from me.

THE do some strange things at Torun. I was afforded a Super Vip pass and popped into the hospitality lounge just before the start. Was offered a drink but told that the hot food (which I didn't want) would be available from Heat 1. So the choice would have been ... eat or watch the speedway. However, seats were perfect.

Struck by how fast these guys go now. Full gas from start to finish. Races under a minute on a large track. Spectacular and exciting in its own way but doesn't really allow for much passing, unless you adopt the Zmarzlik technique and virtually ride through your fellow countryman Przedpelski.

Makes me laugh how this knobend trammor trys slagging off the British, hasnt he seen what an absolute dump of a place Poland is? Borderline third world country, thats why most Poles leave the place and work else where for money cos theres sod all in Poland. Id rather live in a tent in Syria than Poland, same as all the rest of those eastern european countries, a disgusting third world country

Disagree with you there. Been to Poland many times and always enjoy it, the fool who posts on here is not representitive of them.

Good GP these guys are fearless with some of the moves they pull off,but it is a great track for close fast action,not a sign of a rut or bump.Wildcard Pole was impressive.

Doyle looked nervous and because of that didnt seem to be as fluid on the bike as he normally is,

He's trying to fall over the line. He's been tentative in his league racing of late. Only scoring good points when gating in front and running away (for the most part, there have been exceptions). I don't blame him, but it is a dangerous tactic.

Makes me laugh how this knobend trammor trys slagging off the British, hasnt he seen what an absolute dump of a place Poland is? Borderline third world country, thats why most Poles leave the place and work else where for money cos theres sod all in Poland. Id rather live in a tent in Syria than Poland, same as all the rest of those eastern european countries, a disgusting third world country

VERY harsh and very inaccurate. You cannot have been there for a very long time. Had a lovely hotel in Torun, nice food, drove 100 miles to Gdansk on a new motorway this morning to a new airport. Hardly third world.

• Like 6

A tent in Britain is an option these days.

First time for the Torun GP for me and really enjoyed the whole weekend.

The town itself is very nice , good bars and fine food which is very cheap to, I found the people to be helpful and friendly too.

We had some great seats for the GP , sector S, level 1, it did take a little while for the racing to improve but overall a very enjoyable night.

Oh the fireworks were good when the eventually got going!

A lot of people have been making fun of the 'xylophone trophies' (I've also seen them called "Lego Awards" - LOL). And, to a certain extent, I too took a double-glance when they were first unveiled. However, for myself (and, I understand, I'm just a 'small potatoes local amateur racer'), I must say, that after a lifetime in motorsports (cars and cycles) there comes a point when I look at the trophies in my garage and literally can't differentiate between the trophies and the achievement. They figuratively all look the same (a few cylindrical pylons, maybe different colors, a little metal plate, etc.) . . . I've gotten to the point where I literally have to put a piece of tape on the back and write Date, Track Location, Division, Memory there.

Now, you MUST agree with me that the winners of those 'Xylophone trophies' won't get them mixed up with any other awards they've received. :)

LOL

HB

Those scrap metal trophies are only slightly more appealing than the xylophones from previous rounds. Whatever happened to proper trophies?

Edited by Haybails

Well in all The Torun GPs Ive been to I have never felt so ripped off and angry as I do now ,despite the SGP site advertising seats available there were non apart from VIP tickets so I thought why not so paid around £220 for two VIP seats (£150 more than standard tickets ) ,got to stadium to find out they are only VIP seats and you dont get the parking , goodie bag and food and drink , for that you has to pay another £60 each, so basically just paid for better seat, got into our seats only to find they are restricted view and by that I mean couldnt see the forth bend at all , we moved into some other seats but had our view obscewerd by the tv camera man and to rub it really in you could see seats available on back straight and bends , I am fuming 😡update on this , we writ an email to bsi with pictures explaining the situation we had , they replied back saying basically not their problem its torun problem but they would take this up with Torun on our behalf , we have heard twice off bsi saying not their fault but we have not even had a reply off Torun and niether have bsi , to me an offer of a couple of free tickets to a GP from bsi should of been a must as a good will gesture even if not their fault but obviously customers dont seem to matter to them , we are as of this moment forwarding our complaint to Torun again , I am very dissapointed in both Torun and bsi

🙁