British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Torun Gp Saturday 7th October 2017

Well with a 14 pt gap, Doyley now has to go to Melbourne and be totally professional to get the job done

Those scrap metal trophies are only slightly more appealing than the xylophones from previous rounds. Whatever happened to proper trophies?

They can't afford them, cost to much money..

Its a pity some people (regardless of being British) are too stupid to recon that the guy was trying to to make me mad lol. Are all Brits so fking dumb?

perhaps Dudek could offer some advice on substances to sharpen our minds.... 😛
  • Like 1

Another good meeting, but lacking some sparkle that has been present at some other GPs this year.

Obviously Doyle was looking after himself, but by doing so probably made it hard work, some of his races were tough.

TW very much in with a chance of a medal at the end of the Aussie GP, Janowski has blown it.

I reckon FL will be kicking himself - a chance of 2nd or 3rd in the world missed. He will remember 2017 as the year he won the PLRC, lost a league winners medal, but by far the worst - he lost a chance of 2nd or 3rd in the world. That chance may have gone now, unless he can really put it together next year.

Lindback fizzle has gone out, such an exciting rider when riding well, just ordainary when he is off the boil. Maybe the last time we see him in the GPs.

I reckon Piotr Pawlicki will be well gutted, he drops out of the GP, and his brother comes in. AArgh!

Emil, whats wrong with him, not gating well, off the pace more times then he is on it. He says he having engine problems. Well do what others do, change engine tuners.

Roll on the final GP in Aussie, could be interesting. I dont think the Poles will gang up on Doyle, as someone suggested. They dont seem to have team rode this year at all - well different to what it may have been in the 60's/70's

Well in all The Torun GPs Ive been to I have never felt so ripped off and angry as I do now ,despite the SGP site advertising seats available there were non apart from VIP tickets so I thought why not so paid around £220 for two VIP seats (£150 more than standard tickets ) ,got to stadium to find out they are only VIP seats and you dont get the parking , goodie bag and food and drink , for that you has to pay another £60 each, so basically just paid for better seat, got into our seats only to find they are restricted view and by that I mean couldnt see the forth bend at all , we moved into some other seats but had our view obscewerd by the tv camera man and to rub it really in you could see seats available on back straight and bends , I am fuming 😡update on this , we writ an email to bsi with pictures explaining the situation we had , they replied back saying basically not their problem its torun problem but they would take this up with Torun on our behalf , we have heard twice off bsi saying not their fault but we have not even had a reply off Torun and niether have bsi , to me an offer of a couple of free tickets to a GP from bsi should of been a must as a good will gesture even if not their fault but obviously customers dont seem to matter to them , we are as of this moment forwarding our complaint to Torun again , I am very dissapointed in both Torun and bsi

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

Makes me laugh how this knobend trammor trys slagging off the British, hasnt he seen what an absolute dump of a place Poland is? Borderline third world country, thats why most Poles leave the place and work else where for money cos theres sod all in Poland. Id rather live in a tent in Syria than Poland, same as all the rest of those eastern european countries, a disgusting third world country

Another good meeting, but lacking some sparkle that has been present at some other GPs this year.

Obviously Doyle was looking after himself, but by doing so probably made it hard work, some of his races were tough.

TW very much in with a chance of a medal at the end of the Aussie GP, Janowski has blown it.

I reckon FL will be kicking himself - a chance of 2nd or 3rd in the world missed. He will remember 2017 as the year he won the PLRC, lost a league winners medal, but by far the worst - he lost a chance of 2nd or 3rd in the world. That chance may have gone now, unless he can really put it together next year.

Lindback fizzle has gone out, such an exciting rider when riding well, just ordainary when he is off the boil. Maybe the last time we see him in the GPs.

I reckon Piotr Pawlicki will be well gutted, he drops out of the GP, and his brother comes in. AArgh!

Emil, whats wrong with him, not gating well, off the pace more times then he is on it. He says he having engine problems. Well do what others do, change engine tuners.

Roll on the final GP in Aussie, could be interesting. I dont think the Poles will gang up on Doyle, as someone suggested. They dont seem to have team rode this year at all - well different to what it may have been in the 60's/70's

EMIL has. changed tuners

EMIL has. changed tuners

O dear, that's not so good news then..

Unless there is another reason for his relatively poor form.

His pass on Kildemand in Stockholm was brilliant, he did a v.good pass last night. But overall he is lack lustre.

ANd last week in Pardubice he didn't make the final, which he won last year.

Re Max Fricke - he was unconscious, I have no doubt about that, and IMO in that state while he was still being thrown about according to video clips I seen. Best thing was done - withdraw him from the meeting. Hope he is there in Aussie for the next GP.

Re trophies, when I saw the first one being carried to the podium I thought "that's a proper trophy". But then I realised what it was and changed my mind quickly - they were as bad as the 4 different coloured piano keys we seen too much of this year. I know TW got criticised for giving away his 2016 WTC medal to a young girl, and believe he threw his Prem League runner up medal into the BV crowd, but more then likely a lot of riders probably don't display them, some riders probably win all sorts as they rising up the success ladder that it would take massive amount of room to display them. Make it a proper cup, or glass trophy (if say in Czech etc) for the winner, medals for 2nd/3rd in the GPs, and a trophy each for 1,2,3 in the world championship at the end of the year.

Edited by OveFundinFan

Emil is never going to be a WC. Called it a couple of years ago and stick by it. A spoiler but nothing more. On his day he can be brilliant but has no consistency. His time came and went when he decided to be outside thd GPs. All too late for him is my opinion.

Some can point to Doyle and say its never too late but Emil imo lacks that certain edge to take hom to number one in the world.

Emil is never going to be a WC. Called it a couple of years ago and stick by it. A spoiler but nothing more. On his day he can be brilliant but has no consistency.

His time came and went when he decided to be outside thd GPs. All too late for him is my opinion.

Some can point to Doyle and say its never too late but Emil imo lacks that certain edge to take hom to number one in the world.

Emil is 27 years old and he have at least 10-15 more years of the career remaining. How old was Gollob when he won his WCH title?

• Like 3

Emil is 27 years old and he have at least 10-15 more years of the career remaining. How old was Gollob when he won his WCH title?

Biggest problem with Emil IMO is lack of consistent results. He has the talent to win any GP on any track on any night but still has nights where he hardly scores a point. Until he cures that he wont be a World Champion.

Brilliant GP, i wouldn't go that far..

• Like 1