British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fred5

Lions V Rebels Sat 10th June

Garrity listed to ride for Redcar tonight so no reason he wouldn't be racing for the Lions tomorrow. No fixture clashes for any of our Double Uppers, provided Danny Ayres is back from injury, the Lions should have full 1-7.

Crashed out in his first race at Edinburgh tonight, and withdrew from the meeting

Crashed out in his first race at Edinburgh tonight, and withdrew from the meeting

Wrighty also withdrew later in same meeting after a crash.Hopefully nothing too serious for him either as that will have to be R/R for us.

Going to pop along tonight with a couple of friends new to speedway. Hopefully get some good racing. Hoping they also finally have a proper old school intro get the teams to the start line introduce them all couple of practise laps interview the team managers costs nothing gets the crowd engaged from the start......hears hoping.

So possibly no Garrity and Wright but both missings still not announced?

• Like 1

Looks like it as the last time the website was updated was a week ago. No excuse for it with the technology available these days, but perhaps the promoters just want fans to turn up and find out when they get there. Too cold and windy for me so I'm stopping at home.

• Like 1

Looks like it as the last time the website was updated was a week ago. No excuse for it with the technology available these days, but perhaps the promoters just want fans to turn up and find out when they get there. Too cold and windy for me so I'm stopping at home.

If you are into Rugby Gem you can watch Argentina - England while checking updates for Leicester and GP in the warm.

• Like 1

Don't understand Rugby and can't watch the GP so just as well I am not interested. Lol. Having been on holiday I've got loads of programmes to catch up on so I'm happy. Looks like they have won so well done Lions.

• Like 2

Good job Lasse turned in a top effort tonight.Not the only one, but match winning score.

Some decent heats last night. We'll done guys for the win. Alarmingly poor crowd go as far to say worst in a long time for a league meeting. Need to sort the tapes out as well for belle vue clearly disadvantaged on the inside gates last night for some heats.with the temp repair on the grass. Also very flat with the presentation again don't like to be critical but really needs some fresh ideas with presentation not taking away robs interaction just everything else around night.

Some decent heats last night. We'll done guys for the win. Alarmingly poor crowd go as far to say worst in a long time for a league meeting. Need to sort the tapes out as well for belle vue clearly disadvantaged on the inside gates last night for some heats.with the temp repair on the grass. Also very flat with the presentation again don't like to be critical but really needs some fresh ideas with presentation not taking away robs interaction just everything else around night.

A Very poor crowd is no real surprise.

I think they mentioned the tapes were vandalised a few weeks ago but your right the presentation is just not good enough.

A much needed win for the lions against a very poor somerset who relied on their guest Kurtz who got 2 of their 3 race wins.

The promotion needs to look on how to get the fans back with belle Vue next week.

A Very poor crowd is no real surprise.

I think they mentioned the tapes were vandalised a few weeks ago but your right the presentation is just not good enough.

A much needed win for the lions against a very poor somerset who relied on their guest Kurtz who got 2 of their 3 race wins.

The promotion needs to look on how to get the fans back with belle Vue next week.

What do they expect, there was a GP and football on the tv, why would many stand out in the cold when there are good alternative things to do.

• Like 1

What do they expect, there was a GP and football on the tv, why would many stand out in the cold when there are good alternative things to do.

That's Saturday night Speedway for you........................Oh hold on been here before.

• Like 1

That's Saturday night Speedway for you........................Oh hold on been here before.

If they arranged the Sat night meetings when there is not a GP etc on they might get more attend, but then they have still got to compete with all the reality crap and X factor type garbage that people stay in and watch.

It might be better to have a different night as the main race night, with Sat as an alternative.

Edited by A ORLOV

In my opinion Speedway has a very limited appeal.

If everything was perfect, right night, great weather, affordable entrance fee etc. Then you would only ever get 1500 / 2000 max.

Staging meetings on a Saturday night, particularly now days, with so many other things to do you are making it even harder for yourself. There simply isn’t enough people in the area interested enough to actually make the effort to attend on a regular basis. You’ve actually got to be fairly keen to keep going.

Add to that the way the meetings are dragged out with no real flow to them with long gaps and general poor presentation it’s no real surprise that only the diehard carry on going. It’s a £10 sport that most people might go to once or twice a season.