Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gazc

Glasgow V Workington 11/06/17

Track inspection tomorrow at 11am to see if this goes ahead as per Glasgow Twitter page.

Edited by Gazc

Has been raining on and off most of the night , forecast is for persistent rain from 1pm onwards.

I really can't see this being on and with no meeting next week again our 1 home meeting a month strategy continues.

Any news on the inspection I will let any intending to travel know but with the forecast the way it is think I will find something else to do.

So another week goes by without any home meeting the weather has been truly awful all week so it is no surprise that this is off , we are gradually running out of dates and it is only June ffs and with no meeting next weekend it could actually transpire that occasional fans will just get fed up with the lack of continuity and not bother i know i am fed up so that may well be the case.

Do we try and arrange a meeting for next Saturday if they can they should , i know it is Kevin Doolan's testimonial at Berwick but needs must it is trying to get someone to come at short notice , if not then another blank weekend looms large it really is getting to ridiculous proportions.

So another week goes by without any home meeting the weather has been truly awful all week so it is no surprise that this is off , we are gradually running out of dates and it is only June ffs and with no meeting next weekend it could actually transpire that occasional fans will just get fed up with the lack of continuity and not bother i know i am fed up so that may well be the case.

Do we try and arrange a meeting for next Saturday if they can they should , i know it is Kevin Doolan's testimonial at Berwick but needs must it is trying to get someone to come at short notice , if not then another blank weekend looms large it really is getting to ridiculous proportions.

We should be asking Peterborough to come back after the rain off two weeks ago. Failing that try and bring forward a fixture from later in the season. A rain off followed by another blank fixture is torture.

We should be asking Peterborough to come back after the rain off two weeks ago. Failing that try and bring forward a fixture from later in the season. A rain off followed by another blank fixture is torture.

Exactly , the introduce a new supporter scheme launched last week ,and to run throughout June , isn't exactly going to be a roaring success if there's no actual speedway to watch .

• Like 1

Exactly , the introduce a new supporter scheme launched last week ,and to run throughout June , isn't exactly going to be a roaring success if there's no actual speedway to watch .

Can always take them to Edinburgh or Berwick as that is the only place you are likely to see any speedway . It is not even funny anymore what about this scenario.

Glasgow regular - I have arranged for 10 new fans to come to the speedway today through the bring a fan scheme.

New Fans - When are we leaving

Regular - Meeting cancelled track is waterlogged.

New Fans - Okay can we come next week.

Regular - No afraid not .

New Fans - Why not ?.

Regular - We have no meeting arranged.

New Fans - I thought you said it was every Saturday or Sunday.

Regular - I know i did but so did i .

Can you see where this is going seriously what chance do we have.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 5

Can always take them to Edinburgh or Berwick as that is the only place you are likely to see any speedway . It is not even funny anymore what about this scenario.

Glasgow regular - I have arranged for 10 new fans to come to the speedway today through the bring a fan scheme.

New Fans - When are we leaving

Regular - Meeting cancelled track is waterlogged.

New Fans - Okay can we come next week.

Regular - No afraid not .

New Fans - Why not ?.

Regular - We have no meeting arranged.

New Fans - I thought you said it was every Saturday or Sunday.

Regular - I know i did but so did i .

Can you see where this is going seriously what chance do we have.

Will probably be dry all day now . Since the planned giant screen doesn't look like appearing , and wasn't needed in the first place , covers ( even if we're all bored to death with Berwick fans banging on about how good theirs is ) has to be more of a priority .

• Like 1

Supposing we had used track covers today I doubt the meeting would have gone ahead. When the rain comes on its not exactly light drizzle and is driven in by a very strong wind. Being undercover in the cow shed would have made little difference to getting soaked and it would have been a distinctly uncomfortable experience for the paying customer. I haven't got yet to whether the riders would also actually have wanted to do it, but I doubt it.

Supposing we had used track covers today I doubt the meeting would have gone ahead. When the rain comes on its not exactly light drizzle and is driven in by a very strong wind. Being undercover in the cow shed would have made little difference to getting soaked and it would have been a distinctly uncomfortable experience for the paying customer. I haven't got yet to whether the riders would also actually have wanted to do it, but I doubt it.

Fact. No covers in the world, barring a roof of course, would have got a decent meeting on today.

• Like 3