British Speedway Forum
chunky

Educational Benefits Of The Bsf

Funny how Tai gets labelled as "Australian" but Robert Lambert never gets labelled as a German (let alone "a "Kraut", "Hun", "Bosch" "Nazi", "Boxhead" or any other derogatory term reserved for Germans) And yet, where did Lambert learn his craft? Which country did he represent at youth level? He's still adored at places like Gustrow and all over Germany. The Germans almost view him as one of their own. And yet, he's not been given the same stick as Tai has by the British fans.

Robert Lambert is powerfully proud to represent GB and has never suggested that he would ride for Germany, even though he did learn his craft there because he could not, at the time do it here ( at his age ).

I agree with you about stevebrum ;) hehe

Says the supposed ex speedway rider. :rofl:

Be careful acting troll like won't you. :icon_smile_clown:

Funny how Tai gets labelled as "Australian" but Robert Lambert never gets labelled as a German (let alone "a "Kraut", "Hun", "Bosch" "Nazi", "Boxhead" or any other derogatory term reserved for Germans) And yet, where did Lambert learn his craft? Which country did he represent at youth level? He's still adored at places like Gustrow and all over Germany. The Germans almost view him as one of their own. And yet, he's not been given the same stick as Tai has by the British fans.

Why would he ride for the Hun?

He is British - just like Tai.

• Like 1

Didn't he actually do just that in one of the u21 championships a few years ago, when he was still riding on a German license? I'm pretty sure I recall seeing a scorechart from somewhere with "Lambert - GER" on it.

Didn't he actually do just that in one of the u21 championships a few years ago, when he was still riding on a German license? I'm pretty sure I recall seeing a scorechart from somewhere with "Lambert - GER" on it.

When Robert starts belting out " Das Deutschlandied " I'll get worried.

Tai is only British when it suits his own needs.

When Robert starts belting out " Das Deutschlandied " I'll get worried.

So wearing a Black Pepper, Ketchup and Mustard body colour isn't enough for you then? :nono:

• Like 2

So wearing a Black Pepper, Ketchup and Mustard body colour isn't enough for you then? :nono:

Great description of the German Flag!

I like that

Hmmmmm he came over to get rides on a 500cc because he wasn't allowed to race in the UK.As he had a German licence he could also ride in the German national championships.He never said he was german and nobody else said he was german,but there was some small BSF controversy about it back then....

.It was the same with the Dryml brothers.Laguta was the local wildcard in one or two Latvian GPs,and went further by stating he was taking out Latvian citizenship,but seemed to fail the test or drop the idea.Simon Wigg also had a foreign licence and some like Marvyn Cox also rode in the German Championship.Think he even won it,but nobody thinks he is german

Even Ryan Giggs played for England at some level and nobody thinks he is english

Groan.................

some like Marvyn Cox also rode in the German Championship.Think he even won it,but nobody thinks he is german

Groan.................

Thank you for mentioning that. Same with Andy Smith. Because they were riding on a German license, they were considered German when riding in international events.

Oh, and did they complain about Mark Loram representing GB despite the fact that he was born in Malta?

Finally, there was a comment above about Tai being British "when it suits his own needs". Well, surely the same applies to his critics, who class him as Australian when it suits THEIR needs!

Steve

Edited by chunky
  • Like 1

Thank you for mentioning that. Same with Andy Smith. Because they were riding on a German license, they were considered German when riding in international events.

Oh, and did they complain about Mark Loram representing GB despite the fact that he was born in Malta?

Finally, there was a comment above about Tai being British "when it suits his own needs". Well, surely the same applies to his critics, who class him as Australian when it suits THEIR needs!

Steve

I recall that Wiggy rode on a Dutch licence once.

Iris mentioned Wiggy above...

Steve

• Like 1

Did Paul Thorp not ride on a foreign licence one time. Polish or German ?

Also Marvyn Cox.

Edited by Tsunami

Okay not British but Rune Holt (?) Norway rode under a Polish Licence.