British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Young51

Newcastle V Monarchs 11/06 Aff

Info taken from Berwicks facebook page..tomorrows meeting at Brough Park postponed.Have seen a photo of the track on Monarchs page and it's like Noah's Ark will show up any time soon.British summer at it's best..any excuse from our friends in the North East lol :P

Info taken from Berwicks facebook page..tomorrows meeting at Brough Park postponed.Have seen a photo of the track on Monarchs page and it's like Noah's Ark will show up any time soon.British summer at it's best..any excuse from our friends in the North East lol :P

The 'excuse' would be the volume of rain that fell on 2 days which almost equalled a months rainfall, and it continuing to lie on the track all week softening the top surface. On top of that it has poured down till teatime today, Saturday, which made it mission impossible. With dogs on tonight the problem could not be tackled till the morning. Just REASONS not excuses.

The 'excuse' would be the volume of rain that fell on 2 days which almost equalled a months rainfall, and it continuing to lie on the track all week softening the top surface. On top of that it has poured down till teatime today, Saturday, which made it mission impossible. With dogs on tonight the problem could not be tackled till the morning. Just REASONS not excuses.

Come on mate he put the emoji for a reason, he clearly said that he had seen the photo and is not saying anything bad
  • Like 2

Think Diamonds need to update hotline message as it says meeting is on!!!

BREAKING NEWS. Neil Vatcher has awarded the 4 points to Edinburgh as Alex Harness has successfully appealed that his side could slide their bikes through the water before the curfew

Edited by KEITH M
  • Like 1

BREAKING NEWS. Neil Vatcher has awarded the 4 points to Edinburgh as Alex Harness has successfully appealed that his side could slide their bikes through the water before the curfew

Sorry Keith, this is slightly wrong - because we are the Monarchs we make the rules and cheat every meeting, we have been awarded 6 points and a point knocked off each rider's average ;)

• Like 4

Don't need an excuse. we would have welcomed your visit, especially since Wells and Clegg would be missing.

It's been bright sunshine all day here. I live 2 minutes from the track. Would it really have been impossible to save?

• Like 1

It's been bright sunshine all day here. I live 2 minutes from the track. Would it really have been impossible to save?

have you seen the photos!!!! If not go to diamonds facebook page. There is an enormous volume of water to pump of the track and you will need somewhere to put it. You'd then have to get rid of the current track surface as it's like mud and relay a fresh track surface. Bearing in mind the limited amount of time Newcastle have access to the track they'll do well to get it ready for next week. Pray for a dry, hot, windy week.

• Like 2

BBQ's all round Tyneside today ;)

And the good thing was they didn't have to leave the food and drink early to go to the speedway
  • Like 1

So after the Newcastle meeting was called off around 7pm last night, one of our riders was able to arrange to ride in a meeting in Poland this afternoon.

Arranging flights and gear to get there. Yes the same rider who couldn't get from Stansted to Newcastle in eleven hours for the British Semi Final.

Start Gniezno v Speed Car Motor Lublin

As the meeting at Newcastle got cancelled off, I was able to ride today in Gniezno for Lublin. In my first heat a rider took m off and O got excluded then I have got a third. Set up was not good. However, we have sorted that and I got three race wins followed by a third behind my team mate - makes 31_20e3.png1️⃣31_20e3.png1️⃣2795.png31_20e3.png1️⃣.
Unfortunately, the team lost with 57:33.
Next meeting is on Wednesday at Kings Lynn.

Just noticed from Robert Lamberts racing calendar

16 July

• TZ Ostrow Wlkp. v Km Cross Lublin
  • so misses Newcastle v Workington
  • Like 1

And the good thing was they didn't have to leave the food and drink early to go to the speedway

great result all round,,, even if it was awarded ;)

So after the Newcastle meeting was called off around 7pm last night, one of our riders was able to arrange to ride in a meeting in Poland this afternoon.

Arranging flights and gear to get there. Yes the same rider who couldn't get from Stansted to Newcastle in eleven hours for the British Semi Final]

maybe he has the new 'sqeasy jet' app ???

Arranging flights and gear to get there. Yes the same rider who couldn't get from Stansted to Newcastle in eleven hours for the British Semi Final.

Start Gniezno v Speed Car Motor Lublin

As the meeting at Newcastle got cancelled off, I was able to ride today in Gniezno for Lublin. In my first heat a rider took m off and O got excluded then I have got a third. Set up was not good. However, we have sorted that and I got three race wins followed by a third behind my team mate - makes 31_20e3.png1️⃣31_20e3.png1️⃣2795.png31_20e3.png1️⃣.

Unfortunately, the team lost with 57:33.

Next meeting is on Wednesday at Kings Lynn.

Just noticed from Robert Lamberts racing calendar

16 July

• TZ Ostrow Wlkp. v Km Cross Lublin
  • so misses Newcastle v Workington

I suspect he hasn't updated his calendar since we originally had no meeting on the 16th July. I'd put money on him being at Newcastle.

have you seen the photos!!!! If not go to diamonds facebook page. There is an enormous volume of water to pump of the track and you will need somewhere to put it. You'd then have to get rid of the current track surface as it's like mud and relay a fresh track surface. Bearing in mind the limited amount of time Newcastle have access to the track they'll do well to get it ready for next week. Pray for a dry, hot, windy week.

just looked. Sure, there is no speedway, but what about the British jetski championship final? Edited by DiamondGlory