British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Young51

Newcastle V Monarchs 11/06 Aff

So after the Newcastle meeting was called off around 7pm last night, one of our riders was able to arrange to ride in a meeting in Poland this afternoon.

Arranging flights and gear to get there. Yes the same rider who couldn't get from Stansted to Newcastle in eleven hours for the British Semi Final.

Start Gniezno v Speed Car Motor Lublin

As the meeting at Newcastle got cancelled off, I was able to ride today in Gniezno for Lublin. In my first heat a rider took m off and O got excluded then I have got a third. Set up was not good. However, we have sorted that and I got three race wins followed by a third behind my team mate - makes 31_20e3.png1️⃣31_20e3.png1️⃣2795.png31_20e3.png1️⃣.

Unfortunately, the team lost with 57:33.

Next meeting is on Wednesday at Kings Lynn.

Just noticed from Robert Lamberts racing calendar

16 July

• TZ Ostrow Wlkp. v Km Cross Lublin
  • so misses Newcastle v Workington

I went up to Berwick to watch the meeting then was staying over night to then goto Newcastle the next day to watch the meeting

I spoke to Robert after the meeting by his van an he said that he had just spoke to his Team Manager in Poland an just managed to book a flight from Luton the next day, so he was then going straight from Berwick to Luton I believe he said that his mechanic lives in Poland an he keeps his bikes....

if you go back to the situation of the British Semi.......his vehicle broke down....I spoke to him about that an he said that it was the very first time ever anything like that had happened to him in all the years he have been racing an he had notched up several thousand miles in that time, he still seemed upset by not being in the British Final but I told him that he would have a few more years to do it....:-) don't keep knocking the kid

he told me there is so much travel arranging/bike cleaning to be done each week looking at his calendar he has:-

Kings Lynn Wednesday

Redcar Thursday

Somerset Friday

Poznan Saturday

Newcastle Sunday

Do you fancy sorting all his travel arrangements out!!!!!!!! as I sure as hell wouldn't....

don't think there were any Newcastle meetings booked on that day originally so if I'm thinking Poland takes precedence over Newcastle.

• Like 2

I went up to Berwick to watch the meeting then was staying over night to then goto Newcastle the next day to watch the meeting

I spoke to Robert after the meeting by his van an he said that he had just spoke to his Team Manager in Poland an just managed to book a flight from Luton the next day, so he was then going straight from Berwick to Luton I believe he said that his mechanic lives in Poland an he keeps his bikes....

if you go back to the situation of the British Semi.......his vehicle broke down....I spoke to him about that an he said that it was the very first time ever anything like that had happened to him in all the years he have been racing an he had notched up several thousand miles in that time, he still seemed upset by not being in the British Final but I told him that he would have a few more years to do it....:-) don't keep knocking the kid

he told me there is so much travel arranging/bike cleaning to be done each week looking at his calendar he has:-

Kings Lynn Wednesday

Redcar Thursday

Somerset Friday

Poznan Saturday

Newcastle Sunday

Do you fancy sorting all his travel arrangements out!!!!!!!! as I sure as hell wouldn't....

don't think there were any Newcastle meetings booked on that day originally so if I'm thinking Poland takes precedence over Newcastle.

Poland, I imagine has a higher speedway following than any other country. It's where the money is, too.

Kings Lynn Wednesday

Redcar Thursday

Somerset Friday

Poznan Saturday

Newcastle Sunday

Okay fair point. I stand corrected

• Like 1

Kings Lynn Wednesday

Redcar Thursday

Somerset Friday

Poznan Saturday

Newcastle Sunday

There is no priority agreement between the BSPA and Poland. Therefore if he rides in Poland I don't believe Newcastle will get a facility (i.e. NL guest only) as with Brady Kurtz and Plymouth last year. Like i said before my moneys on him being at Newcastle.