British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lynnboy

Gp Riders Engine Tuners

i notice Iversen using PJR engines now

Why Lindgren still wearing GTR stickers all over his stuff but not the engines ?

Why Lindgren still wearing GTR stickers all over his stuff but not the engines ?

I think he's still working with them in developing the engines even though he isn't using them regularly in competitive meetings.

I found it quite amusing that Matej Zagar blasted to a GP win on a PJR engine after almost everyone else has abandoned Johns engines!

• Like 2

I think he's still working with them in developing the engines even though he isn't using them regularly in competitive meetings.

I found it quite amusing that Matej Zagar blasted to a GP win on a PJR engine after almost everyone else has abandoned Johns engines!

For the past month all the talk regarding engines on here has been way off topic. It's like people think that the bikes dont need to be ridden anymore??
  • Like 2

Sure you need a well tuned engine dialled into track conditions etc, but as you say, f-s-p, but the rider plays a very large important part.

Rider confidence is massively required and IMO very often changing something (like engine tuner) can give you that confidence, the feeling "I got something special", and especially if they have success in their first rides then this lifts them up mentally.

This is proved true because all and sundry seem to be leaving a certain tuner (doesnt matter who but in this case PJR) for a.n.other, yet Matei Zagar comes out on a PJR tuned engine and whips them all.

It happened with Freddie Lindgren with the Gerhard motor, big confidence boost, riding on top of the world, suffers an injury so his "feel good" factor is low" which affects his confidence, goes off the boil, then Bingo!, next thing hes changed engines/tuner and off and away he goes again.

Pity Freddie had the off form part of this year, I would like to have seen him win the WC, hope he can make the top 3.

• Like 3

Sure you need a well tuned engine dialled into track conditions etc, but as you say, f-s-p, but the rider plays a very large important part.

Rider confidence is massively required and IMO very often changing something (like engine tuner) can give you that confidence, the feeling "I got something special", and especially if they have success in their first rides then this lifts them up mentally.

This is proved true because all and sundry seem to be leaving a certain tuner (doesnt matter who but in this case PJR) for a.n.other, yet Matei Zagar comes out on a PJR tuned engine and whips them all.

It happened with Freddie Lindgren with the Gerhard motor, big confidence boost, riding on top of the world, suffers an injury so his "feel good" factor is low" which affects his confidence, goes off the boil, then Bingo!, next thing hes changed engines/tuner and off and away he goes again.

Pity Freddie had the off form part of this year, I would like to have seen him win the WC, hope he can make the top 3.

Speedway is a head game, thats for sure.
  • Like 4

Speedway is a head game, that's for sure.

Ooo I'm not sure about that. Let me think about it?

Alright, I'll get my coat. :oops:

Speedway is a head game, thats for sure.

I think tonight's meeting in Avesta confirms that. Smederna had a positive trend going into the meeting and a very good "go" in the team.

while Masarna had the pressure to win at home. The result?, Smederna won with 14 points.

Personally i think riders get duped by tuners. You can stick an engine on a dinner plate. It doesnt consist of many parts , and there only so much you can do with them staying within the rules. The difference between the tuners is wafer thin , not enough to make a difference on the track.

• Like 3

I stumbled on this topic when looking for which riders use which tuners these days and non the wiser really…I’m a bit out of touch these days so certainly a lot of different tuners out there to when my brother in law rode and did his own engines in our garage,   and a lot of tuners from back then no longer exist or are not in vogue .

so can anybody tell me the tuners that current riders are using these days in general ?

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Ryszard Kowalski and Ashley  Holloway are popular but i believe Fleming Graversen is the most popular.

Did hear the commentary say that Sayfutdinov has dropped AshTech for PJR

Clearly not accurate but it's what they have on the SGP website

Untitled.jpg

• Thanks 1