British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Kent V Birmingham Mon 12th June

This whole thing sounds like Speedway as it used to be in the days when riders confronted each other, or made gestures to the ref' to the huge amusement

of all the spectators. Bring it all back, I say

• Like 4

Tbf the video is badly edited as well. The 30 seconds missing between the crash and him walking along the back straight would show why he was being heckled more clearly.

Kent fans have form for heckling riders which at this level is beyond juvenile.

Some kids will react, always seems to be at Kent tho doesn't it!

Seen the video. Clearly goaded.

Completely agree. Bit of banter amongst fans is great but heckling & booing is deplorable. Very nearly changed my forum name after monday night.

Edit - have changed.

Edited by Sings4Speedway
  • Like 2

Crikey, that track has a seriously bad case of blue groove disease.

• Like 1

This. track is the worst ever laid by Len Silver,but I recon it was more to do with the amount of money spent on it by the owner,could and should have been so much better..

Completely agree. Bit of banter amongst fans is great but heckling & booing is deplorable. Very nearly changed my forum name after monday night.

Edit - have changed.

Must have been bad to feel that way sings!I always enjoy a bit of geeing up the opposing riders but as you say there is a limit and depends on the rider,the better they are the more they seem to be able to take.Always makes me laugh with Danny Ayres when he comes to Eastbourne,whether riding for Kent or Cradley,think he's a great rider and as last time responded to the stick with a 15 point maximum.It's the 'my team' effect if next year he rode for Eastie (not likely I know) but I could guarantee within a match he'd be an Eastie 'favourite'.

• Like 2

Perhaps in future when he slides off his bike he should make an effort to clear the track and not sit there for a re-run when clearly the opposition are winning the race.

Yeah but they mean the sense of over heckling, I mean I will have a go if a rider doesn't get up, but that's it, wont boo unless the rider has done something very bad like take a home rider out on purpose.

I was at the meeting as a neutral.

He got what he deserved.

Nothing wrong in booing - Mauger, Fundin and the like were booed wherever they appeared at away tracks - they did not resort to staying on the track after a fall in the hope of a rerun (well not that often anyway).

The Brum boys attempted to gain an advantage at nearly every start and were well spotted by the referee. Tom Bacon was clearly moving at the start of heat 15 but in view of the 8.30 curfew I think that the referee had to let it go as there was no time for a re-run. Have a look at the video of that race now online.

• Like 1

I was at the meeting as a neutral.

He got what he deserved.

Nothing wrong in booing - Mauger, Fundin and the like were booed wherever they appeared at away tracks - they did not resort to staying on the track after a fall in the hope of a rerun (well not that often anyway).

The Brum boys attempted to gain an advantage at nearly every start and were well spotted by the referee. Tom Bacon was clearly moving at the start of heat 15 but in view of the 8.30 curfew I think that the referee had to let it go as there was no time for a re-run. Have a look at the video of that race now online.

Yeah you are clearly a neutral :icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown::t:

Booing opposition riders when they have perceived to be the villain is fine, but booing for the sake of it? Seems a bit over the top and unnecessary.

At Lakeside the fans are always respectful of the opposition unless they have a very good reason.

I have seen riders stay on the track when their team mate is getting beaten to get a rerun hundreds of times, but what was odd about this occasion is that Mr Cupitt seemed to be surprised when he got booed! So much so that he stuck his fingers up and gave other signs with his hands to the Kent supporters, this of course meant he got abuse in return. He then proceeded to through a hissy fit & throw his helmet down the track & leap over the fence. Maybe someone ought to tell him that if he is going to stay on the track to get a rerun expect booing from the opposition supporters as this would be a normal response from every set of supporters in the country.

Any link for the video ?

It is on speedway gb official website

• Like 1

I have seen riders stay on the track when their team mate is getting beaten to get a rerun hundreds of times, but what was odd about this occasion is that Mr Cupitt seemed to be surprised when he got booed! So much so that he stuck his fingers up and gave other signs with his hands to the Kent supporters, this of course meant he got abuse in return. He then proceeded to through a hissy fit & throw his helmet down the track & leap over the fence. Maybe someone ought to tell him that if he is going to stay on the track to get a rerun expect booing from the opposition supporters as this would be a normal response from every set of supporters in the country.

It is on speedway gb official website

It was all about how Layne handled it. If he had waved or taken a bow fans would have laughed along. It was out of character for several Brum riders to be so gee'ed up so i suspect Mr Drury may have some influence on that.