British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Redcar Vs Newcastle

Well Robert and Steve got a pile of points, reserves got exactly what they deserved, and the rest pathetic!

Can't wait to hear moaning George's excuses - lets see

Rose wasn't at fault when he fell

unlucky with engine problems for the skipper

Ostergaard should never have been allowed to replace Redcar's ex no. 7

track was patchy (ie too wet and too dry)

rain spoiled the comeback

When it should be

I messed up not using tactical ride at first opportunity

I messed up using two NL reserves to make top 5 stronger

I messed up having 3 riders in top 5 who aren't good enough away from home

Lets see what we get!!!

I have said for years now I don't and never have rated George as a manager & IMO should of been disposed of these duties years ago & I believe in many other clubs or sports would have been, we need a proper manager who one is a ex rider so there for knows if and when riders are under preforming, and two who put the fear of god in to riders so they know they are riding for their job or out!

On the Connor vs Dan situation I fail to understand why we go back for a rider who is likely to under preform, he did no better than Connor was doing the last time we dropped Dan? I understand Connor must of been well down in confidence who wouldn't not scoring any points meeting after meeting, but IF as I suspect Dan does the same then so will his so we are no further forward.

I would of either tried to increase our strength in the main body, or persevered with Connor and for example Steve Worrall should of worked with him to try and get to the bottom of whatever the problems were as he'd been there in that same position not to long ago and has turned it around since then spectacularly!

Edited by mike7164
  • Like 1

The team is nowhere near playoff level i cant name many teams it might finish ahead off. Nothing wrong getting it wrong start of the season other sides have, but they tried something do about it we need do the same.The problem with having poor reserves to have a strong top 5 is it actually has to be strong and reliable to begin with. Ludvig is only heatleader at home only average second string away and Ashley and Lewis were reserves last season big ask to step up to second string or heatleader level with nobody to back them up at reserve.

Edited by Big Diamond
  • Like 2

How does he make out our away form is patchy ??

the only points we have taken away from home was when we used a ringer in the reserve berth - surely that fact in itself highlights why we are so crap away from Brough park

Lambert and Worrall will soon need sick notes for bad backs carrying the rest of this team !!

It was obvious when Diamonds team was put together at the start of the season with Phillips a struggling 2 pointer and Coles with very limited experience at this level filling the reserve spaces that this alone would cause your team problems, the only other team to try similar idea was Ipswich . The difference is the 2 witches reserves who also were a gamble look to have a lot more potential . Your top 5 are fine but they can't carry the reserves every meeting . When any rider is injured and using R/R how many points are you going to get from your 2 reserves to compensate . I think you need to make 2 changes 1 reserve and 1 of your top 5 to get the balance right , then you could maybe bring in somebody at reserve with a bit more experience like Liam Carr and a new middle order rider. Your win at Peterborough wouldn't have happened without Shanes and there's the difference you had 1 decent reserve. Just for instance if you released Lindgren and Greenwood ,the you would be able to bring in Adam Ellis and Liam Carr which would bring team total to around 39.50 and you would have a better balanced team.

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 1

It was obvious when Diamonds team was put together at the start of the season with Phillips a struggling 2 pointer and Coles with very limited experience at this level filling the reserve spaces that this alone would cause your team problems, the only other team to try similar idea was Ipswich . The difference is the 2 witches reserves who also were a gamble look to have a lot more potential . Your top 5 are fine but they can't carry the reserves every meeting . When any rider is injured and using R/R how many points are you going to get from your 2 reserves to compensate . I think you need to make 2 changes 1 reserve and 1 of your top 5 to get the balance right , then you could maybe bring in somebody at reserve with a bit more experience like Liam Carr and a new middle order rider. Your win at Peterborough wouldn't have happened without Shanes and there's the difference you had 1 decent reserve. Just for instance if you released Lindgren and Greenwood ,the you would be able to bring in Adam Ellis and Liam Carr which would bring team total to around 39.50 and you would have a better balanced team.

That's a good shout if we could

So now the morning after the night before.

Apologies to Redcar, should have praised them last night for a good solid team performance and job well done - you can only beat what's put in front of you and having accepted lambert and Worrall would be tough to beat they set about making sure they didn't finish behind any of the others and as the scoreline shows did the job well!

Taking the abject performance of 5 riders and a team manager away it wasn't a bad meeting - updates show a lot of races won "ftg" but in fairness 1st bends were usually close and the racing good. You are never going to get loads of passing when one side (L&W excepted) are so outclassed.

Only other minor gripe was getting wet - what was idea to hold interval just as shower started? that's a Havelock trick to get people in the bar! Did wonder before rerun of heat 10 when rain started if there would be a ploy to get match called off and test the new precedent of awarding matches ;)

• Like 2

That's a good shout if we could

Ben only needs to score 8 points from his 4 rides on Sunday, to get him on a 3.00 ave, (then get Carr) ;)

a don't think Adam Ellis would fix our team :(

Still have no clue why Lindgren was in heat 15.

Heard steve had hurt both his wrists in his crash. Hope he is okay
  • Like 2

Still have no clue why Lindgren was in heat 15.

well, it was our best heat result of the night,,, not unless the Bears gifted us it and, robbed their fans of an even bigger win ;)

• Like 1

great win with 3 of your team riding!!! :rofl:

Yes - better watch out we'll be getting the "borrowers" tag :wink:

Yes - better watch out we'll be getting the "borrowers" tag :wink:

Well. it worked for Sheffield last year in the playoffs, didn't it. :P

• Like 2

Well. it worked for Sheffield last year in the playoffs, didn't it. :P

Unfortunately it did as we both found to our cost.

• Like 1

How does he make out our away form is patchy ??

the only points we have taken away from home was when we used a ringer in the reserve berth - surely that fact in itself highlights why we are so crap away from Brough park

Lambert and Worrall will soon need sick notes for bad backs carrying the rest of this team !!

I think we would have won at Peterborough anyway as Danny could have comfortably matched Shanes scores. Why? He was riding better than ever at the time of his injury ( upped his average from 1.8 to nearly 4.00). He's rode Peterborough loads, including last year's fours when he scored points against other team's heat leaders and second strings. He scored well in the under 21's against (supposedly) better reserves. His injury is hitting us harder than people give him credit for, since we could only replace him with a 2 pointer instead of someone nearer 4.00. True there are some places where he might only have scored 1 or 2. But there are others where, I believe, he would have scored 5 or 6 and that would have made a hell of a difference. We certainly would be more comfortable at home.

• Like 1

I think we would have won at Peterborough anyway as Danny could have comfortably matched Shanes scores. Why? He was riding better than ever at the time of his injury ( upped his average from 1.8 to nearly 4.00). He's rode Peterborough loads, including last year's fours when he scored points against other team's heat leaders and second strings. He scored well in the under 21's against (supposedly) better reserves. His injury is hitting us harder than people give him credit for, since we could only replace him with a 2 pointer instead of someone nearer 4.00. True there are some places where he might only have scored 1 or 2. But there are others where, I believe, he would have scored 5 or 6 and that would have made a hell of a difference. We certainly would be more comfortable at home.

Have to disagree, Don't think Phillips has ever scored 8 in a league match in his life, never mind comfortably. Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 1

Heard steve had hurt both his wrists in his crash. Hope he is okay

see, I hadn't heard anything like that while I was there, so it was just more confusion as to why. Now it makes sense, with Lindgren being the next best rider after Worrall.