British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

14/6/17 Rye House V Belle Vue

I'd take King over Kurtz around Rye.

When Poole were at Rye earlier this season, Kurtz scored 16. KIng managed 6 for Leicester.

• Like 1

Utter madness.

It certainly is. Belle Vue have had hardly any matches in May and now have two away in four days in June when the GP qualifiers are scheduled. Surely the fixture planners must have realised that the few top riders remaining in the UK would more than likely be entering the GP qualifying process and schedule around those dates. As it is Aces will be missing Bjerre at Rye House and both Fricke and Cook at Leicester. Three mates and I had planned to go to Leicester this Saturday from Lancashire, but as soon as we knew this we're now not bothering. With admissions, programmes and some food & drink no doubt we'd have spent £100 between us at the stadium - so it wouldn't take too many to stay away for a lot of potential income to be lost due to idiotic fixture planning.

When Poole were at Rye earlier this season, Kurtz scored 16. KIng managed 6 for Leicester.

You could argue that this takes a bit of pressure off King and puts a bit on Kurtz. If King scores, say, around 9 then Rye House fans ought to be delighted given King's score for Leicester - and it might be easier for King to do that that for Kurtz to emulate the 16 he scored for Poole. Aces fans won't be very chuffed if Kurtz ends up scoring only 5 or 6.

• Like 2

Why oh why would Bomber want to embarrass himself in the GP series again when he is so out of his dept!!

Can't fault his desire. I'm surprised though that neither Steve Worrall or Robert Lambert wanted to contest the GP qualifiers.

Can't fault his desire. I'm surprised though that neither Steve Worrall or Robert Lambert wanted to contest the GP qualifiers.

They probably did- don`t forget GB had the magnificent allocation of 2 places- with Chris Harris managing to get in when another country gave up a place.

They probably did- don`t forget GB had the magnificent allocation of 2 places- with Chris Harris managing to get in when another country gave up a place.

I think we were harshly treated then! Harris was fortunate then to be nominated ahead of Lambert and Worrall. I hope he does well.

I'd take King over Kurtz around Rye.

Kurtz scored 16 from 5 (including a tactical win) last time at Rye with Poole

King scored 6 from 5 with Leicester

I think we were harshly treated then! Harris was fortunate then to be nominated ahead of Lambert and Worrall. I hope he does well.

These are the figures taken from the " challenge thread"

Country - Requested - Obtained
Argentina 2 - 1
Australia 5 - 4
Austria 3 - 2
Belgium 1 - 1
Croatia 1 - 1
Czech Republic 6 - 5
Denmark 8 - 6
Finland 2 - 2
France 2 - 2
Germany 5 - 5
Great Britain 6 - 2
Hungary 3 - 2
Italy 4 - 4
Latvia 4 - 3
New Zealand 1 - 1
Norway 2 - 2
Poland 8 - 6
Russia 2 - 2
Slovakia 2 - 2
Slovenia 4 - 3
Sweden 8 - 6
Ukraine 3 - 1
USA 1 - 1

How the hell did Italy get four places?

How the hell did Italy get four places?

Hell knows but the name

Armando will have something to do with it.Hungary were also lucky IMO.

It certainly is. Belle Vue have had hardly any matches in May and now have two away in four days in June when the GP qualifiers are scheduled. Surely the fixture planners must have realised that the few top riders remaining in the UK would more than likely be entering the GP qualifying process and schedule around those dates. As it is Aces will be missing Bjerre at Rye House and both Fricke and Cook at Leicester. Three mates and I had planned to go to Leicester this Saturday from Lancashire, but as soon as we knew this we're now not bothering. With admissions, programmes and some food & drink no doubt we'd have spent £100 between us at the stadium - so it wouldn't take too many to stay away for a lot of potential income to be lost due to idiotic fixture planning.

You could argue that this takes a bit of pressure off King and puts a bit on Kurtz. If King scores, say, around 9 then Rye House fans ought to be delighted given King's score for Leicester - and it might be easier for King to do that that for Kurtz to emulate the 16 he scored for Poole. Aces fans won't be very chuffed if Kurtz ends up scoring only 5 or 6.

Me and my lad were also going to go as I have a rare weekend off..

Not paying to watch a select meeting...

With admission, programmes, food and a few drinks Leicester would have had around £60 off me...

Reaps what it sows Speedway, plenty of potential fans out there if it was ever ran properly.

Maybe one day this will dawn on those who run the sport and they will start doing so..?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 5

Kurtz scored 16 from 5 (including a tactical win) last time at Rye with Poole

King scored 6 from 5 with Leicester

Echo, echo, echo...

Hadn't noticed that in fairness. That's one of King's poorest visits I'd imagine however.

These are the figures taken from the " challenge thread"

Country - Requested - Obtained

Argentina 2 - 1

Australia 5 - 4

Austria 3 - 2

Belgium 1 - 1

Croatia 1 - 1

Czech Republic 6 - 5

Denmark 8 - 6

Finland 2 - 2

France 2 - 2

Germany 5 - 5

Great Britain 6 - 2

Hungary 3 - 2

Italy 4 - 4

Latvia 4 - 3

New Zealand 1 - 1

Norway 2 - 2

Poland 8 - 6

Russia 2 - 2

Slovakia 2 - 2

Slovenia 4 - 3

Sweden 8 - 6

Ukraine 3 - 1

USA 1 - 1

Absolute bonkers. Not just speedway in this country which is run by muppets.

• Like 1

Absolute bonkers. Not just speedway in this country which is run by muppets.

Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Latvia and Slovenia all received more spots than us. Despite the sport being in a pretty poor position here these days only Poland, Sweden, Denmark and perhaps Australia should be receiving more spots than us.