British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

14/6/17 Rye House V Belle Vue

Inspired, it was a no brainer, one guest won heat 15 the other wasn't nominated.

I'd be asking the question why King wasn't nominated for Heat 15. He'd beaten both Cook and Kurtz, from the back.

• Like 1

I wasn't there and only have live updates on which to judge.

But for Rye to lose this one looks unforgivable. A draw would have at least been fair but not the right result.

To select Robbo for heat 15 ahead of Danny King given their respective race results (not just points scored) is somewhat of a mystery. I think Rye to have a hard think about running fixtures when they know key riders are going to be elsewhere and then not trusting their guests to give of their best when it matters.

I wasn't there and only have live updates on which to judge.

But for Rye to lose this one looks unforgivable. A draw would have at least been fair but not the right result.

To select Robbo for heat 15 ahead of Danny King given their respective race results (not just points scored) is somewhat of a mystery. I think Rye to have a hard think about running fixtures when they know key riders are going to be elsewhere and then not trusting their guests to give of their best when it matters.

In what way would a draw have been the fair result? Again just going off updates but seems Aces were on the wrong end of a couple of decisions that cost them points.

Agree seems really strange that Robbo was picked over King for heat 15.

Very happy with that result

In what way would a draw have been the fair result? Again just going off updates but seems Aces were on the wrong end of a couple of decisions that cost them points.

Agree seems really strange that Robbo was picked over King for heat 15.

Very happy with that result

Updates provided by a Belle Vue fan. These things even themselves out however and Rye should have closed out the meeting when they had the chance.

King should have been given a heat 15 spot.

Lot of grumbles, once again, on the state of British speedway and the mis management of it. Grumbles probably justified.

But what is the point of grumbling on BSF, except as a release for frustration.

Why not grumble to BSPA if they the ones that doing the mis management. In this modern day, no need to write letters, email them.

Maybe thats already done by some of you, but if there was a concentrated effort by more then just a few, and sustain the effort over a season, maybe (or not) some one will take notice and do something positive for next season.

Would it not be like re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic Ove ?

I'd be asking the question why King wasn't nominated for Heat 15. He'd beaten both Cook and Kurtz, from the back.

well once again the obvious did not happen (may be a good reason why) but getting used to such happenings - don't see any BV fans moaning about our choice of riders for heat 15. Just a thought perhaps its time for a team change while a certain rider who was recently sacked by his club is available (if his average fits - can't seem to work them out properly these days as don't understand the rules).

Lot of grumbles, once again, on the state of British speedway and the mis management of it. Grumbles probably justified.

But what is the point of grumbling on BSF, except as a release for frustration.

Why not grumble to BSPA if they the ones that doing the mis management. In this modern day, no need to write letters, email them.

Maybe thats already done by some of you, but if there was a concentrated effort by more then just a few, and sustain the effort over a season, maybe (or not) some one will take notice and do something positive for next season.

Good ideas..

However, over the years those who run the sport have had thousands of pieces of unsolicited feedback via forums and printed Speedway media..

The outcome? We are where we are, nothing has changed, but to be fair, why do they need feedback from the fans and ex fans?.

Such are the glaring deficiencies and flaws in the operating model only a blind man could fail to see the issues...

Those who run Speedway in this country are acutely aware of why people don't attend in the numbers that they used to, hence Buster had a mission for more integrity, credibilty and cost cutting to be brought into the Sport to reduce outgoings and ultimately maybe reduce admission costs..

Knowing the issues and then solving them though are two very different things....

On the very slim chance that those who run the sport do not actually know why crowds are down, maybe instead of the onus being on fans to tell them off their own backs, some kind of BSPA commissioned market research could be done to find out why?..

If my business was failing, the first thing I would do is seek feedback as to why....

Ultimately, I really do think the Promoters have given up ever turning the Sport around in this country such are the issues and the incredible adhoc decisions made daily and weekly to get round them...

Cobbling together any old 'Barry White', using any abstract selection of riders, on any random evening just to complete a Speedway Season, is truly the best they can come up with I reckon...

Edited by mikebv

Does anyone understand the rules!

I do as clear mud on a foggy day !

Would it not be like re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic Ove ?

but would you watch the ship sink and do nothing.

but would you watch the ship sink and do nothing.

The BSPA are doing exactly that. Captain Schettini was the first one off the Costa Concordia after running that particular vessel in to the ground. He was more interested in himself rather than everyone else.

Rather apt when when you consider the direction of speedway and how it's run!

• Like 1

Robbo in heat 15? Schroeck again showing he has no idea. Blokes clueless.

Rye team plainly not strong enough & riders like Nicholls, Wells & Branford should be looking over their shoulders. Not doing their jobs.

• Like 1

Heat15 had disaster written all over it.

Robbo was one of the best riders on show, but not known as a gater and shouldn't have been selected.

Then even worse was Kennett. Had to be help by Robbo in his heats to get points and known for being a choker under pressure.

Edited by KevtheRev

whose to say DK didnt want heat 15..?.. because if he did and trailed in last, everyone would be slagging off that decision.. :rolleyes:

whose to say SR & EK put their hands up and said 'I'll do it boss'

people so quick to jump on decisions when they probably don't know the potential reasons of the decision..

• Like 1