British Speedway Forum
steve roberts

Which One Rider Would You Have Liked To Have Seen But Haven't?

Simple one for me...Peter Craven!

• Like 1

Funny,i was only listening to Ronnie Moore's interview with Briggo yesterday,yet again.

He does rave about Craven and also Jack Young,plus Vic Duggan.Of course Vic Huxley and Tom Farndon were from an earlier period.I'd love to see all of those plus an Ove Fundin at his peak.Hard to pick one out

good thread though,Steve

Edited by iris123

Farndon, Huxley, Duggan,Craven,Knutsson are the five i would of loved to see ride.Also i only see an old Wembley version of Ove (Briggo beat him again!!!!! 😀😅 would have loved to of seen him at his peak.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Peter Craven

Fred Williams

Ove Fundin

Tom Farndon

Eric Langton

I reckon that would be my top five steve.

Great Thread. :t:

Tommy Jansson, Peter Craven, Sverre Harrdfelt, Tom Farndon, Wilbur Lameroux, George Newton & Ronnie Moore promoted by Ronnie Greene

Why do these threads always go off tangent so quickly? Steve asks for one rider and straight away it's a list!

Anyway, mine would be Peter Craven.

Simple one for me...Peter Craven!

I read the title and thought, "There is only one for me, but I bet no one else votes for him". Now I find several people have already voted for him. Peter Craven, of course. Those pictures you see of him are quite outstanding and show a quite unique (almost) riding style.

Jack Parker.

Probably the best ever rider never to have won an Official World Title He won just about everything else.

Tom Farndon, without a doubt

Other choices would include Vic Duggan and Jack Parker

Yes - got to be Peter Craven - I am just a couple of years too young. I have seen most of the greats from '65 onwards: Fundin, Nygren, Briggs, Mauger and many others, but would loved to have seen Craven Ah Well.

• Like 1