British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robbobee

Leicester Lions V Belle Vue Aces 17 Jun 2017

As I'd mentioned elsewhere me - and 3 mates - are not travelling from Rochdale to Leicester now. Also another Aces fan I was talking to at the NSS last week said he'd planned to detour to Leicester on his way home from a trip to the Lincolnshire, but isn't bothering now. And another fan put on here elsewhere that he and his lad are not going now as planned after being made aware of Cook & Fricke being away. With admissions, programmes and some food and drink that must £200 approx. that Leicester won't be getting on Saturday just from the folks here. I wonder how much more potential income they'll lose just because of idiotic fixture scheduling.

It is often mentioned that 'new' fans are key to the future of the Sport in this country..

However, I would suggest just getting those of us out there who give Mickey Mouse meetings a miss to attend far more regularly, by running the Sport properly, would also deliver some very good turnover and growth....

I, like many, used to attend my home track every meeting, around 50% of the aways, and would quite often go and watch a couple of meetings a week elsewhere across all divisions..

Now due to select teams in the majority of matches I will get to around ten matches a season tops...

The irony for British Speedway is the money I save (circa £100 with petrol and admission this week by not now going to Leceister) I put towards the 'Cardiff Fund'...

The 'GP devil that has destroyed British Speedway' in the eyes of so many...

A lot, lot closer to home lies the problems the Sport has I would suggest..

Edited by mikebv

.......mikebv............It is often mentioned that 'new' fans are key to the future of the Sport in this country..

However, I would suggest just getting those of us out there who give Mickey Mouse meetings a miss to attend far more regularly, by running the Sport properly, would also deliver some very good turnover and growth....

Prescisely! How about keeping us 'old' fans rather than trying to attract new ones who will probably attend one meeting to see what it's all about and then not bother again. By 'old' I don't mean in age before SCB jumps on me and starts quoting anoraks, garden chairs, flasks and cucumber sandwiches etc. :lol: Since Coventry closed I'm finding it hard to keep my interest which is sad because I've been a fan for around 68 years but I'm fed up with not being able to see the teams that were signed at the beginning of the season, just a few originals backed up with a selection of different guests. I never thought I would voluntarily miss a match but I didn't bother going to the Lions v Somerset one last week and am now wondering whether to make the effort to go to this one.

• Like 3

Don't think I will bother if both fricke and cook are not riding.

You seem to say that for every match.

• Like 2

Don't think I will bother if both fricke and cook are not riding.

You seem to seek confrontation.

You keep following my every single post plus what has it got to do with you when I go or don't go,

This is a Leicester v Belle Vue thread, I think you mentioned you go to the odd wolves match and support them, so nothing here for you to be bothered about.

You seem to seek confrontation.

Your spot on hodgy, stevebrum spends his time following my posts for confrontation as he does several other posters on here, he is a very sad individual.

You keep following my every single post plus what has it got to do with you when I go or don't go,

This is a Leicester v Belle Vue thread, I think you mentioned you go to the odd wolves match and support them, so nothing here for you to be bothered about.

Your spot on hodgy, stevebrum spends his time following my posts for confrontation as he does several other posters on here, he is a very sad individual.

Says the supposed ex speedway rider.

:rofl:

Although I'm passed caring about who rides for who these days without Cook and Fricke I won't bother with this, there's a limit even for me!

• Like 1

Although I'm passed caring about who rides for who these days without Cook and Fricke I won't bother with this, there's a limit even for me!

There is some speculation regarding the availability of Kenneth Bjerre also isn't there?

There is some speculation regarding the availability of Kenneth Bjerre also isn't there?

BV no cook,no fricke,no bjerre, if this is the case then call it off as fans Don't want there teams full of guests.

I was looking forward to my first visit to Leicester. The guest situation is putting me off now.

Still No team news from either club for Tomorrow's meeting which is enough for many fans to make alternative plans, promoters never learn.

Edited by robert72
  • Like 2

BV no cook,no fricke,no bjerre, if this is the case then call it off as fans Don't want there teams full of guests.

Poole came to Leicester with guests and Leicester themselves had mostly guest but still an enjoyable meeting with a reasonable crowd

No different to you following every single post about Tai Woffinden and slagging him off at every opportunity.

Oh and people can post on any thread they want to, its called an open forum.

Talking of sad individuals how are those lies coming along about being an ex rider and speaking to Tai to tell him what you think of him.

Going back to the meeting and if im allowed to post about it i think its a sign of the times im afraid that riders go missing. If i was a Leicester fan i wouldnt spend my hard earned money to go and see the other sides best riders missing

• Like 2