British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robbobee

Leicester Lions V Belle Vue Aces 17 Jun 2017

Your right in saying that I Never heard of Kerry Gray, is that a female rider ? As for Mark and David then I have raced against both and the latter I remember a cracking race against him when he was riding for reading,he was a good rider and Mark was world class on and off track.

Why didn't your uncle sponsor just English riders as there were many at that time in need of financial help.

Any team news from Leicester or Belle Vue ?

Kerry Gray was a hero while guesting for Wolves in 84 enabling us to beat Cradley 39-38 in I think league cup Edited by Red Flag

and with glorious weather the club are expecting a bumper crowd with a great atmosphere

Shouldn't that read

"and with glorious weather the club are expecting a massive sun delay and then an interval on top"

• Like 2

Shouldn't that read

"and with glorious weather the club are expecting a massive sun delay and then an interval on top"

Sounds about right.

oh bless you bringing that back up.

are people not allowed to sponsor young riders then?? Is that how it works???

My uncle owned a company and sponsored or should i say helped 3 riders. 1 youngster who turned out to be rather good was one of them.

Marks mechanic was a South African guy called Jorge who still lives over here and is still very good friends with us (though he is into moto gp more than speedway). He helped to bring over a guy called David Steen who rode many second halves at Hackney and again who my uncle helped a bit in his early days.

In the mid 80's he also helped a rider called Kerry Gray who rode for Rye House.

Thing is as a lying ex rider you wouldnt know any of these people

David Steen, remember watching him, that's a blast from the past. whatever happened to him ? Looked ok from what I remember

Kerry Gray was a hero while guesting for Wolves in 84 enabling us to beat Cradley 39-38 in I think league cup

Not a name I remember and wondered if the rider was one of the girls at rye house and arena essex but clearly not.

David Steen, remember watching him, that's a blast from the past. whatever happened to him ? Looked ok from what I remember

I remember racing against him while he was at reading but not sure who else he rode for but he was a good rider.

No Worrall now (injured at Redcar) so R/R

That's Not good for belle vue as he has been good at Leicester and great to watch.

Went back to South Africa............was an absolute gentleman as well, one of the nicest guys you could meet

Kerry Gray was a hero while guesting for Wolves in 84 enabling us to beat Cradley 39-38 in I think league cup

And he passed away a few years back im led to believe

No danny king

Now RR for Danny King

Now RR for Danny King

I remember racing against him while he was at reading but not sure who else he rode for but he was a good rider.

:rofl:

• Like 1

Now RR for Danny King

Now RR for Danny King

kept quiet on purpose?

Kingy only tweeting the news 7 minutes ago

get the punters in the stadium and then drop the bombshell

this club will get what it deserves if it's continued to be run the way it is

into the ground!

• Like 1

Whats wrong with Danny King hope he is ok for British final

Nothing on Leicester or Ipswich web sites, crap PR

I did decide to come to Leicester tonight. A nice night and the novelty of a full Leicester team.

Well I got that wrong. Danny announced at the last minute as absent and now an hour's delay because the sun. We are getting fed up

• Like 4

Nothing on Leicester or Ipswich web sites, crap PR

Fell at Armadale last night,but walked away .

How pathetic sometimes....

Rain - call it off

Sun - big delay

Wind - call it off,

christ, were in the summer months, its 26c, and still, massive delays!

• Like 3