British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robbobee

Leicester Lions V Belle Vue Aces 17 Jun 2017

Big points for the Aces. The loss of King hurt the Lions tho.

So KIng and Worrall cried off - anything happening on Monday?

• Like 1

Congrats to Aces, good choice of guests as it turned out. A profitable Belle Vue night all round, with Cookie & Max thru to the Challenge Final.

Another away win. And 4 points to. Helped by guests and no king mind you.

So KIng and Worrall cried off - anything happening on Monday?

Worrall spend yesterday at the hospital after his crash Thursday

Another away win. And 4 points to. Helped by guests and no king mind you.

Worrall spend yesterday at the hospital after his crash Thursday

Thanks, let's hope he's ok - should have a great chance on Monday.

Fully intended to visit Leicester vs Belle Vue tonight with my 11 year old. - was going be my first visit to Leicester since the days of Blackbird Road. Luckily discovered that Cook and Fricke were not gonna be riding so put my plans up in the air. Couldn't be arsed in the end although fantastic and chuffed to see Mr Garrity giving it a go. As for King - what an arse - letting people down yet again. Am sure he will miraculously recover come Monday night.

• Like 1

You were there of course

I was.

A few stats (nerd alert)....

DK rides = 5 and a bonus

SW rides = 10 and a bonus

That is almost enough to make the difference.

But BV provided 11 of the heat winners but also provided 9 of the last places.

tbh the real difference was the three 5-1's by Nick Morris and Kenneth Bjerre

Leicester pulled off some good race results to keep themselves in it.

But when it came to outright speed from the front BV just edged it.

There was some spectacular riding round the outside, notable Erik Riss. The pity was that it was a very quick track (track record in heat 1) and overtaking was at a premium.

Jim Lynch, in his match report points the finger firmly in Lasse Bjerre's direction. True he never was at the races but he has shown real promise in earlier results.

Not the best entertainment. Certainly the hour long delay due to the sun was irritating. But I saw enough to go back. A warning to other teams, Leicester, on their day, can beat anyone.

Edited by False dawn

You were there of course

Same as you.

I'm not a Leicester supporter so it's unlikely I'd go to a Leicester v belle Vue match.

Still an odd comment to make, as per usual.

Shouldn't that read

"and with glorious weather the club are expecting a massive sun delay and then an interval on top"

Well, you were right about that but no interval thank goodness or there would have been a lot of people facing an £85 fine for being over 4 hours in the car park. So for future visits I've now got to consider not going when it's sunny unless I want to stand around for an hour doing nothing, obviously not going when it's raining and probably not going when it looks like raining so it doesn't really leave many options. No good thanking me for my patience because I wasn't ~ I was actually really cheesed off and I'm sure I wasn't the only one. Speedway really does shoot itself in the foot time and time again. Good crowd tonight but I wonder how many will be encouraged to return. With grateful thanks to False dawn for his company and relieving the boredom.

• Like 4

We were looking forward to our visit at Leicester which we hadn't been to for a while, but as Gemini said above, we ended up not seeing the full 15 heats as we were concerned about a parking fine in the shopping centre car park!

• Like 2

Surely Tungate is coming into this team and Kyle.

It's just shocking all the way through it apart from Kim which has simply kept you in this all season.

Same as you.

I'm not a Leicester supporter so it's unlikely I'd go to a Leicester v belle Vue match.

Still an odd comment to make, as per usual.

You make a comment about a match you wouldn't go too ? Strange your interest in it?

Yes I was there, Doubtful I will go again, in my years of racing speedway and grass track I Never encountered a sun break, riders had dark lenses and got on with it. Big crowd yesterday with a big amount who won't return.

To me, the sun still appeared to be quite high when they stopped, certainly higher than previous times when there has been a sun break, so I kind of a had a feeling it was going to be a long one.

Was Peter York guesting or part of a phased Coventry takeover lol

To me, the sun still appeared to be quite high when they stopped, certainly higher than previous times when there has been a sun break, so I kind of a had a feeling it was going to be a long one.

Was Peter York guesting or part of a phased Coventry takeover lol

Rob was in Tenerife